Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:44:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Governments will never jump in...  (Read 5456 times)
SaintFlow

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

The first is by definition not flawed.

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 04:39:41 PM

The futurist in me wants to remind everyone that goverment is a pre-internet civilisation tool.
Kind of like pottery.

don't let me make you question your assumptions

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fivemileshigh

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 05:00:20 PM

Without knowing any facts, I confidently state...

You sound just like most modern economists  Grin

Or like any priest! God can stop the genocide, he just doesnt wanna...

Oinsane1

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 05:30:59 AM

they are rich and resourceul enough, certainly, to churn out a ton of asics.. the design is not too complicated

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 05:34:59 AM

they are rich and resourceul enough, certainly, to churn out a ton of asics.. the design is not too complicated
They probaby already have them running simulations to attack the network.  Shocked

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Domrada

Activity: 254

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2012, 03:46:33 AM

They probaby already have them running simulations to attack the network.  Shocked

You guys give the government way too much credit...

DataTrading
TRADE FORECASTING BY ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
¦
PRE-SALE SPECIAL  30%  BONUS   
Pre sale starts on 11.20.2017 9:00 UTC
Realpra

Activity: 815
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 06:32:53 PM

I agree.

They are always 10 years about simple things they are AWARE of.

By the time they muster any kind reasonable policy towards BTC their fiat currencies will be crumbling. They think they can ignore the financial crisis both (EU and US), print money and shift the burden to the regular folks - this time it's different; with a click of the mouse people can flee inflation.

BTC is a time bomb, a delayed, but certain death sentence to today's corrupt governments.

Cheap and sexy Bitcoin card/hardware wallet, buy here:
http://BlochsTech.com
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2012, 06:48:01 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2012, 07:02:13 PM by ElectricMucus

I agree.

By the time they muster any kind reasonable policy towards BTC their fiat currencies will be crumbling. They think they can ignore the financial crisis both (EU and US), print money and shift the burden to the regular folks - this time it's different; with a click of the mouse people can flee inflation.

And then they push the Internet Kill Switch™. Still not bothered? How about the power grid?

It won't make any difference as long as there isn't worldwide infrastructure in place. We need community networks and decentralized power generation in conjuncture with decentralized manufacturing. Anything above the physical layer is meaningless as they are ultimately just as much in control.

If you wanna play with the big boys you better be bold enough to go all the way and participate in an effort to replace the entire civilization. I'm sick of people thinking that BTC is their messiahs or something. It won't mean anything as long it isn't done all the way through. Only a small minority even on this forums does comprehend that.

Bitcoin can play a role in this paradigm shift. But it isn't even essential.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 02:37:07 AM

I agree.

And then they push the Internet Kill Switch™. Still not bothered? How about the power grid?

It won't make any difference as long as there isn't worldwide infrastructure in place. We need community networks and decentralized power generation in conjuncture with decentralized manufacturing. Anything above the physical layer is meaningless as they are ultimately just as much in control.

If you wanna play with the big boys you better be bold enough to go all the way and participate in an effort to replace the entire civilization. I'm sick of people thinking that BTC is their messiahs or something. It won't mean anything as long it isn't done all the way through. Only a small minority even on this forums does comprehend that.

Bitcoin can play a role in this paradigm shift. But it isn't even essential.
Don't forget emp nukes in the stratosphere. Then there is always all out nuclear warfare. Where are your precious bitcoins now?  Grin

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2012, 02:41:17 AM

Don't forget emp nukes in the stratosphere. Then there is always all out nuclear warfare. Where are your precious bitcoins now?  Grin

I have silver, too. Wink

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 02:49:13 AM

I have silver, too. Wink
Well, I hope you can eat it, because everything and everyone else will be dead.  Wink

myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2012, 03:12:48 AM

I have silver, too. Wink
Well, I hope you can eat it, because everything and everyone else will be dead.  Wink

If I'm actually the last person on the planet, I'll be sure to turn out the lights.  That's not too likely, though. Especially in an EMP-only attack, and even all out nuclear warfare won't kill everyone. Silver has been selected as the medium of exchange repeatedly, over the course of human history, and it would again. In the meantime, knowledge is much more valuable, and I've been sure to cultivate that as well.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Domrada

Activity: 254

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2012, 03:23:23 AM

I have silver, too. Wink

I have bullets.  </argument>

DataTrading
TRADE FORECASTING BY ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
¦
PRE-SALE SPECIAL  30%  BONUS   
Pre sale starts on 11.20.2017 9:00 UTC
myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2012, 03:29:49 AM

I have silver, too. Wink

Heh... Precious metals: Silver, gold, brass and lead.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 03:31:35 AM

I have silver, too. Wink

See you on "The Road."

myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2012, 03:41:02 AM

I have silver, too. Wink

See you on "The Road."

I hope you're not offended if I say "I hope I don't." Wink

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 03:57:22 AM

I have silver, too. Wink

See you on "The Road."

I hope you're not offended if I say "I hope I don't." Wink
If you don't have electricity and internet, then all your gold is likely going to be counterfeit anyway. Seriously though, to get back on topic, I'm not worried about any of these scenarios, at least globally speaking. The extinction level event is for the way banking has been done. Precious metals will also be worthless compared to Bitcoin. I see the future to be not so much governments jumping into Bitcoin, but Bitcoin jumping into governments. They won't have a choice but to use Bitcoin if they want to stay relevant.

Narydu (OP)
Donator

Activity: 743
Merit: 510

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2012, 04:07:24 AM

Electric apocaliptic events wouls afect the whole economy which oviously relays on pcs so the impact on BTC is unrelevant. But what do you mean by jump into the governments? (get the irony but not sure  you say so)

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 04:17:25 AM

Electric apocaliptic events wouls afect the whole economy which oviously relays on pcs so the impact on BTC is unrelevant. But what do you mean by jump into the governments? (get the irony but not sure  you say so)
I just mean that governments don't need to officially adopt Bitcoin to use it. Bitcoin will find its way into government use simply by its utility starting with campaign funding, espionage and diplomacy and eventually into mainstream uses like "entertainment" expenses. Eventually, our vices become our bread and butter.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2012, 07:15:12 PM

I did not mention apocalyptic evens.

My point is: If bitcoin were to become a threat to governmental power structure and the economy is crumbling already why should they hesitate to take it down with em if all it takes is the push of a button?
People in here like to talk about revolutionary acts and dilute themselves by thinking they could accomplish something without owning infrastructure.

There are numerous ways for a government to bring down an established bitcoin economy if it is not well protected. No way to list them all.
But there are almost no ways if it is.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2012, 07:28:04 PM

I did not mention apocalyptic evens.

My point is: If bitcoin were to become a threat to governmental power structure and the economy is crumbling already why should they hesitate to take it down with em if all it takes is the push of a button?

Because an EMP would be an apocalyptic event. The entire country is too dependent on our electronic network to just bring it down like that. When have you known a government to willfully commit suicide like that?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: