Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:34:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: david morgan  (Read 7774 times)
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 12:18:04 AM

seems to be more of a crapshoot than that.  unfortunately, it seems its more dependent on age than anything, sunnankar being the quintessential example of a goldbug who got it but only b/c his testosterone is still raging  Wink.  but that doesn't explain me, a boomer, who got it a long time ago.  more probably it has to do with computer literacy and a willingness to dig in, learn, and think non-linearly.

I think it has more to do with humility and a willingness to learn. You would be surprised at the arrogance of most of these gurus; Denninger sent me an atom bomb middle finger once as a response to one of my emails in the middle of an email conversation with quite a few of recognizable names.

Bitcoin is not simple and being able to comprehend it and the economic and monetary science implications takes an extremely keen mind plus the ability to not be dragged back to old paradigms. It takes an ability to analyze things objectively and with extreme vision and foresight. Keep in mind that so many of these people derive so much of their personal identity from their work; work which they have trumpeted for years.

But then perhaps I am just the pot calling the kettle black. Having been around Bitcoin for a few years and having started recommending it around $0.05 it appears that quite a few of these people have missed the trade of the decade, if not the century.

13.50/.05=270x.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the huge transfer of wealth the sound money folks have predicted goes not to the holders of gold and silver but instead to the holders of bitcoins. Oh wait, isn't that what is happening? If they missed and are missing the call on Bitcoin then I am not so sure they are worthy of the faith so many put in their opinions. Sure, they got a few things right but at the end of the day not what truly mattered.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 12:40:29 AM

seems to be more of a crapshoot than that.  unfortunately, it seems its more dependent on age than anything, sunnankar being the quintessential example of a goldbug who got it but only b/c his testosterone is still raging  Wink.  but that doesn't explain me, a boomer, who got it a long time ago.  more probably it has to do with computer literacy and a willingness to dig in, learn, and think non-linearly.

I think it has more to do with humility and a willingness to learn. You would be surprised at the arrogance of most of these gurus; Denninger sent me an atom bomb middle finger once as a response to one of my emails in the middle of an email conversation with quite a few of recognizable names.

Bitcoin is not simple and being able to comprehend it and the economic and monetary science implications takes an extremely keen mind plus the ability to not be dragged back to old paradigms. It takes an ability to analyze things objectively and with extreme vision and foresight. Keep in mind that so many of these people derive so much of their personal identity from their work; work which they have trumpeted for years.

But then perhaps I am just the pot calling the kettle black. Having been around Bitcoin for a few years and having started recommending it around $0.05 it appears that quite a few of these people have missed the trade of the decade, if not the century.

13.50/.05=270x.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the huge transfer of wealth the sound money folks have predicted goes not to the holders of gold and silver but instead to the holders of bitcoins. Oh wait, isn't that what is happening? If they missed and are missing the call on Bitcoin then I am not so sure they are worthy of the faith so many put in their opinions. Sure, they got a few things right but at the end of the day not what truly mattered.

Denninger is really arrogant.  i know the atom bomb middle finger picture you're referring to.  guys like Peter Schiff completely dismiss Bitcoin and in the meantime is setting up gold investment funds and now even a non US bank backed by gold.

in all fairness, you even admitted to missing the first Bitcoin wave on your blog.  i still read it from time to time even tho i'm very much less invested in pm's than i used to be as of last year.  having said that, i've already said you were a major factor in me investing in gold/silver starting back in 2005 and ending 2011.  read all your posts, listened to all your podcasts and bought your e-book and i thank you for the words of wisdom that resulted in big profits all those years.

i still listen to all the gold bug podcasts by the known pundits and i find it exasperating that none of them mention Bitcoin at all.  i'd have to think that most of them have already heard about it from you and others.  it's amazing they don't even mention it as a possibility.  all the virtues they expound for investing in gold apply to Bitcoin and even then some like transportability.  

i am a living example of one of those you mentioned who has made a near complete shift from pm's to Bitcoin and the returns so far as a result have been spectacular.  and with more to come. Wink

there's one more reason neither of us have mentioned yet about the pundits; there is a huge vested interest in not acknowledging something that threatens their existing positions.

edit:  so what do you think of RunToBitcoin.com?  Cheesy
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 02:00:34 AM

seems to be more of a crapshoot than that.  unfortunately, it seems its more dependent on age than anything, sunnankar being the quintessential example of a goldbug who got it but only b/c his testosterone is still raging  Wink.  but that doesn't explain me, a boomer, who got it a long time ago.  more probably it has to do with computer literacy and a willingness to dig in, learn, and think non-linearly.

13.50/.05=270x.

Denninger is really arrogant.  i know the atom bomb middle finger picture you're referring to.  guys like Peter Schiff completely dismiss Bitcoin and in the meantime is setting up gold investment funds and now even a non US bank backed by gold.

in all fairness, you even admitted to missing the first Bitcoin wave on your blog.  i still read it from time to time even tho i'm very much less invested in pm's than i used to be as of last year.  having said that, i've already said you were a major factor in me investing in gold/silver starting back in 2005 and ending 2011.  read all your posts, listened to all your podcasts and bought your e-book and i thank you for the words of wisdom that resulted in big profits all those years.

i still listen to all the gold bug podcasts by the known pundits and i find it exasperating that none of them mention Bitcoin at all.  i'd have to think that most of them have already heard about it from you and others.  it's amazing they don't even mention it as a possibility.  all the virtues they expound for investing in gold apply to Bitcoin and even then some like transportability.  

i am a living example of one of those you mentioned who has made a near complete shift from pm's to Bitcoin and the returns so far as a result have been spectacular.  and with more to come. Wink

there's one more reason neither of us have mentioned yet about the pundits; there is a huge vested interest in not acknowledging something that threatens their existing positions.

edit:  so what do you think of RunToBitcoin.com?  Cheesy

I agree with this partially. But I also think that something new needs time to grow on someone. Gold and silver have been around for thousands of years.

I honestly think having a foot/hand in both bitcoin and the metals isn't a bad bet. The majority of my investment is in bitcoins currently.....i'm happy to say  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 05:48:50 PM

Yeah. I was talking to someone this morning and recounting a story about a few of our mutual friends, who both run money out of NYC, who I introduced to Bitcoin. I let him know that if they had put $25k in then today it would be worth about $7.5m. For whatever reason they missed the boat, bad.

jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 06:36:57 PM

Yeah. I was talking to someone this morning and recounting a story about a few of our mutual friends, who both run money out of NYC, who I introduced to Bitcoin. I let him know that if they had put $25k in then today it would be worth about $7.5m. For whatever reason they missed the boat, bad.

The boat has not sailed yet and there is still time to get on.  This boat is like the boat in Lord of the Rings, Return of the King when near the end of the movie it takes a really long time to depart.  All aboard!  Bitcoin to $100.  Smiley
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 09:33:59 PM

The boat has not sailed yet and there is still time to get on.  This boat is like the boat in Lord of the Rings, Return of the King when near the end of the movie it takes a really long time to depart.  All aboard!  Bitcoin to $100.  Smiley

exactly, there's still time and noone can complain about early adopter unfairness. Perhaps about "really early adopter unfairness".

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: