Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:19:01 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Kraken Fund  (Read 17550 times)
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2012, 06:23:47 AM

How will you shutting down Starfish Bank affect things?

PatrickHarnett (OP)

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 09:55:47 PM

How will you shutting down Starfish Bank affect things?

It shouldn't.  The two are accounted for separately.
PatrickHarnett (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 10:46:24 PM

There is a 300BTC space becoming available.

Newsletter #2 and a 0.5% payment for the past week have been done.

Thank you for the expressions of interest in the available Kraken spot - it has been taken.
PatrickHarnett (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 05:09:57 AM

It's been a couple of busy days and I'm catching up on a few things, but the time has also given some space to do some thinking as well.

First up, those in K1 know the initial asset allocation, and that included some distressed BS&T debt.  Of the accounts purchased, one was paid and provided the first week returns (a little over 0.5%).  For week two, a flat 0.5% was paid and the tentative plan is to look at making a similar payment this week.

Going forward, despite what the forum trolls like to say, there is a newer opportunity with some of the HashKing debt.  I know some about what he's been doing in terms of hardware and I talk to him every day (normally via skype) and he is part of YABMC with me and JWU42.  He tells me payments would be daily (!) but Kraken pays weekly.

There are also a number of other assets that might be worth picking up as some GLBSE prices have been trashed.  The other aspect I am investigating is transferring or offering the profits from a BTC hardware business I have a stake in to the fund (again, a lumpy revenue stream from a real world business), but I need to sort some issues out with the majority shareholder.

And finally, there are some additional spaces opened up in Kraken Fund.  Because it is not a simple deposit system, redeeming funds/units is a bit more tricky.  There are three slots covering 1400 coins, and each account is entitled to a maximum investment of 1000.
totaleclipseofthebank

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 05:15:04 AM

how

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
LoweryCBS

Activity: 364

firstbits 1LoCBS

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 12:14:47 PM

I talk to [Hashking] every day

Tell him to keep his chin up.

totaleclipseofthebank

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 06:59:38 PM

Cool another scam/scam circlejerk/bunch of idiots handing out their money to a criminal (despite what his "wife" thinks). What a great day for bitcoin!

How are you making 2.5% a week, Mr. Anonymous Internet Business Genius Patrick "Pirateat40 has a AAA credit rating" Harnett?

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
ShadowAlexey
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 07:06:15 PM

It says up to 2.5%/w.
Lately it was only 0.5%/w.
You can see yourself how it is possible to make 2.5/w and more in bitcoin world.
totaleclipseofthebank

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 07:13:31 PM

Ugh

If anyone could reliably make 2.5%/w they would be doing it with their own money.

If they needed to borrow money they would use a credit card cash advance, which is actually cheaper than 2.5%/w.

Check

Mate

Its

A

Scam

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
ShadowAlexey
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 08:36:56 PM

Hm, putting BTC into the sceme worth 6% pulling it out at least 3%, if doing it quicker then 6%. And what will u do if btc price drops or becomes worthless?
So if u were using your credit card u would have to work first month only to get back transfer fees.
Again, it said that 2.5% is maximum, actually it could be much lower. So this fund makes much more sense to me than all other.
totaleclipseofthebank

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 09:06:28 PM

Look, bitcoins are already up 170% YTD. And you are so greedy that you are willing to lend them to some dude on the internet for some fictional returns? The price appreciation of bitcoin is due to market forces-- there is a real demand for them. These schemes are nothing but a bunch of hot air from an anonymous person (remember when pirate was saying "oh look everyone knows who I am this can't be a scam!").

Nobody looks like a scammer until they run with your money. And no, it is not possible to have an anonymous lending economy without legally enforced property rights. That's not what bitcoin is for.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
BadBitcoin (James Sutton)
Donator

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 11:55:51 PM

Look, bitcoins are already up 170% YTD. And you are so greedy that you are willing to lend them to some dude on the internet for some fictional returns? The price appreciation of bitcoin is due to market forces-- there is a real demand for them. These schemes are nothing but a bunch of hot air from an anonymous person (remember when pirate was saying "oh look everyone knows who I am this can't be a scam!").

Nobody looks like a scammer until they run with your money. And no, it is not possible to have an anonymous lending economy without legally enforced property rights. That's not what bitcoin is for.

if patrick runs with my money, I will eat my shoes, I have him on skype and talk to him every night about how things are progressing, and the weekly newsletters he gives out to kraken members is quite informative on how his business is working out.
totaleclipseofthebank

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 12:13:39 AM

Skype doesn't cut it. If he did run, would be you have any legal means to get your money back? Are you sure?

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Donator

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 02:06:31 AM

Skype doesn't cut it. If he did run, would be you have any legal means to get your money back? Are you sure?

I probably don't, but here's the thing, anything bitcoins for me is a high risk investment. I never invested anything more than I could accept as a loss.
 I would really rather me and him work out any problems we have as I'm a reasonable guy, if there is a serious problem we can work around it, however if he does run I have the ability to write it off as a loss.
PatrickHarnett (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 08:21:59 PM

Since close to 5k of the funds are directly in pirate, how will this effect the profits if Pirate will not pay back?

That is incorrect.

In any event, there are steps to recover funds from BS&T.
dust

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 08:25:40 PM

Since close to 5k of the funds are directly in pirate, how will this effect the profits if Pirate will not pay back?

That is incorrect.

The market is only valuing BS&T debt at ~3% of face value, so Kraken is essentially carrying a large amount of unrealized losses.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 09:28:33 PM

That is incorrect.

The market is only valuing BS&T debt at ~3% of face value, so Kraken is essentially carrying a large amount of unrealized losses.

Patrick guarantees Kraken investors face value.
Donator

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 01:46:54 AM

That is incorrect.

Patrick guarantees Kraken investors face value.

+1, patrick will take the hit himself if pirate takes us all to the cleaners.
makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 04:53:50 PM

First up, those in K1 know the initial asset allocation, and that included some distressed BS&T debt.  Of the accounts purchased, one was paid and provided the first week returns (a little over 0.5%).  For week two, a flat 0.5% was paid and the tentative plan is to look at making a similar payment this week.
That's interesting. There's been an odd dearth of actual evidence of Pirate paying out despite him claiming to have done so. Insured passthrough that somehow didn't implode?

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
PatrickHarnett (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 01:11:39 AM

Nice to know the private newsletter is getting some circulation and that Chaang took the time to read it.  Fortunately the PPT series retains value and I am committed to paying out on those even if it takes a little time.  I am less sure of the Tygrr bonds which are possibly worthless given the additional issue of liabilities without clarity of assets to back them.  I am also pleased I didn't take up Chaang's request to take over his PPT business on GLBSE although it might have been better for his investors if I had done so (but we'll never know).
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: