Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:06:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012-08-14 yle.fi /Ajankohtainen kakkonen (Finnish TV2) - Bitcoin  (Read 4096 times)
julz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 01:20:11 AM

Ajankohtainen kakkonen is a Finnish current affairs television series broadcast in Finland on TV2 since 1969.

This is in Finnish - so I don't know what they're saying, but it shows various well-known bitcoin services such as bitpay, easywallet etc - and snippets of English bitcoin videos.

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2012, 09:52:38 AM

This is actually really big. That show has average viewership of over 500 000 which is around 10% of the Finnish population. We got major visibility there. Finland is already the biggest Bitcoin country (per capita), now it's going to another level.

I will try to get that Youtube vid subtitled asap so you guys can understand.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
Realpra

Activity: 815
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 10:04:25 AM

Translation?

Cheap and sexy Bitcoin card/hardware wallet, buy here:
http://BlochsTech.com
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 12:51:46 PM

I don't have the time or inclination to do a full translation.

Basically it's a fairly neutral, if naive and superficial, look at the Bitcoin system. They ask enthusiasts why they think Bitcoin is better than "traditional currencies", buy some bitcoins from bittiraha.fi, use those coins to buy food at vegemesta, and interview some more prominent personas.

They also interview a spokesperson for the Bank of Finland, who has two points: There are no guarantees that you will be able to convert fiat investments back into fiat from Bitcoin at any given rate, and that it is perfectly legal. (the latter being nice to hear, but of course her words are not law.)

Interviewed, as well, is a senior inspector (chief inspector? my vocabulary has gaps in areas of rank...) from the National Bureau of Investigation (police), who notes it's "trading in squirrel skins" (Finnish idiom for an apocryphal, archaic currency), a system into which wealth can be channeled, with no bookkeeping of the kind "known to current law". When asked if Bitcoin can therefore be used for tax evasion and money laundering, she declines to answer, saying society would likely not appreciate it if the police gave advice on how to use Bitcoin for criminal activity.

Finishing up, the journalist notes several people interviewed caution against investing recklessly in Bitcoin, as the valuation fluctuates and "the funds can be hacked" and  the future of Bitcoin is unpredictable.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2012, 03:10:28 PM

I don't have the time or inclination to do a full translation.

Basically it's a fairly neutral, if naive and superficial, look at the Bitcoin system. They ask enthusiasts why they think Bitcoin is better than "traditional currencies", buy some bitcoins from bittiraha.fi, use those coins to buy food at vegemesta, and interview some more prominent personas.

They also interview a spokesperson for the Bank of Finland, who has two points: There are no guarantees that you will be able to convert fiat investments back into fiat from Bitcoin at any given rate, and that it is perfectly legal. (the latter being nice to hear, but of course her words are not law.)

Interviewed, as well, is a senior inspector (chief inspector? my vocabulary has gaps in areas of rank...) from the National Bureau of Investigation (police), who notes it's "trading in squirrel skins" (Finnish idiom for an apocryphal, archaic currency), a system into which wealth can be channeled, with no bookkeeping of the kind "known to current law". When asked if Bitcoin can therefore be used for tax evasion and money laundering, she declines to answer, saying society would likely not appreciate it if the police gave advice on how to use Bitcoin for criminal activity.

Finishing up, the journalist notes several people interviewed caution against investing recklessly in Bitcoin, as the valuation fluctuates and "the funds can be hacked" and  the future of Bitcoin is unpredictable.

Wow! Thanks for the summary Smiley lulz to the police guy Smiley

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
World

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 04:23:18 PM

I hope one time will be more shops where people can buy daily food with bitcoin.Vegemesta is nice for example

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
Vladimir

Activity: 812

-

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 07:16:39 PM

bitcoin magazine shot at 4:30
and at 1:25
bitpay at 1:30

01:22 - See how cool it is to have back cover ads. No you cannot have it. It is all booked for foreseeable future.  Smiley

-
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2012, 06:16:48 AM

Someone should do an english translation.  Smiley

matonis

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2012, 09:40:19 AM

This is actually really big. That show has average viewership of over 500 000 which is around 10% of the Finnish population. We got major visibility there. Finland is already the biggest Bitcoin country (per capita), now it's going to another level.

How do you know that about Finland being the biggest bitcoin country per capita? Are you measuring nodes?

Founding Director, Bitcoin Foundation
I also cover the bitcoin economy for Forbes, American Banker, PaymentsSource, and CoinDesk.
Vladimir

Activity: 812

-

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 09:45:47 AM

How do you know that about Finland being the biggest bitcoin country per capita? Are you measuring nodes?

There is an article and an infographics about it in Bitcoin Magazine #2. Yep, Finland indeed ranks very high. Finland is in top 3 IIRC for bitcoin clients per capita. Read more about it in Bitcoin Magazine issue #2.  Wink

We also shipped some bulk orders of BM to Finland. So yes it is one of the most active countries and traditionally finns are on the forefront of many good things including Linux, Internet and Bitcoin. I, for example, remember Finland being the best country for downloading all those warez from in early 90's LOL. YAY Finland!

-
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 02:45:27 PM

This also hints at that: http://www.google.com/insights/search/#q=bitcoin&date=today%2012-m&cmpt=q

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
Seal
Donator

Activity: 848
Merit: 1078

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 06:48:19 AM

Has this affected the Euro trading volume recently? I'd expect a rise in volume within the next few days after people have done their research. All the Euro brokers should be set for some growth in trade.

DefiDive - Filter the noise
A clean crypto asset management terminal
Minor

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 07:35:31 AM

Sorry, I've been away from forex for a while.
So, what is this new Bitcoin thingy, and what is its current exchange rate in squirrel skins?

I've got a few nice ones to trade:

Matoking

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

Firstbits: 1m8xa

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 05:49:47 PM

I went ahead and made English subtitles for the video. They are a bit rushed, but I suppose they are okay. Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vYH1JH73pw

BTC : 1CcpmVDLvR7DgA5deFGScoNhiEtiJnh6H4 - LTC : LYTnoXAHNsemMB2jhCSi1znQqnfupdRkSy
Bitcoin-otc
BitBin - earn bitcoins with your pastes!
julz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 11:48:44 PM

I went ahead and made English subtitles for the video. They are a bit rushed, but I suppose they are okay. Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vYH1JH73pw

Well done! Thanks.

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 02:57:23 AM

Justin Bieber is a bitcoin developper !!   Shocked

Wink

Pages: [1]