Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:43:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Service Discovery - automated text message/phone verification  (Read 257 times)
wersaup (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 10:51:39 AM

Hi, I read another thread the other day about people offering bulk phone numbers...

I had the idea for some time now, and I want to know whether there's actual interest in a service like this:

basically, I'd provide a service that you guys can use to verify whatever service that needs a phone verification.
You would go onto my page, pay 0.01 BTC, and get a number in return. You enter the number with the service you want to verify with,
and as soon as the call went through or the text message arrives you'd be able to play/view it in browser.
The number would get deleted afterwards(unless you need it to stay active and are willing to pay about 0.01 BTC per month for that)

My service would not require an account for basic use, could have an account feature for bulk use and discounts on bulk use though.
I would also provide an API where you'd just poll a bitcoin address, make arrangements to transfer btc to that address, once it's visible you get a phone number, you make your arrangement, once the message/call went in you can poll the text message/phone call.

Is there any interest in a service like this?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: