Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:22:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are plain links to external lending sites allowed in the lending section?  (Read 1043 times)
EcuaMobi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 03:01:04 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2015, 01:34:08 AM by EcuaMobi

Lately a lot of threads with almost nothing more but a link to BTCJam (or other lending sites) have appeared in the lending section.
This one is just entitled "My listing on btcjam" and contains nothing but the link and the amount to be lent. To make things worst the thread is locked so not even comments are welcomed, it's just a spammy ad to somewhere else.

Several other threads have been published with just a link to BTCJam. They never offer a collateral (as it is not required by that site) and usually don't follow other bitcointalk's guidelines.

Is this allowed or should these posts be reported?
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2339

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 03:08:41 PM

I agree that those kinds of posts/threads are spammy. That same person has done the same several times and it is very annoying. I don't think he is breaking any rules, but I think a rule should be added that you can't post links to BTCjam (ect) listings in the lending section. IMO they are borderline the same as referral spam and most landing sites' community standerds are different then what the community standards generally are here.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3098

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 11:59:00 PM

Lately a lot of threads with almost nothing more but a link to BTCJam have appeared in the lending section.
This one is just entitled "My listing on btcjam" and contains nothing but the link and the amount to be lent. To make things worst the thread is locked so not even comments are welcomed, it's just a spammy ad to somewhere else.

Several other threads have been published with just a link to BTCJam. They never offer a collateral (as it is not required by that site) and usually don't follow other bitcointalk's guidelines.

Is this allowed or should these posts be reported?

In this case the person is promoting a BTCJam "Reputation Scam".  Takes out small loans at first, growing in value, then runs when the loan value is high enough to make the scam worth while.

In this scammer's case he managed to fund a 11btc loan, and now he's asking for a concurrent 2.2btc loan.  They will never be paid back.   Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
EcuaMobi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 12:07:53 AM

In this case the person is promoting a BTCJam "Reputation Scam".  Takes out small loans at first, growing in value, then runs when the loan value is high enough to make the scam worth while.

In this scammer's case he managed to fund a 11btc loan, and now he's asking for a concurrent 2.2btc loan.  They will never be paid back.   Undecided

Yes that's an additional problem: a big percentage of posts linking to BTCJam seems to be scams. However that's not a reason to report threads. I really think these posts should be removed because they are spammy and don't contribute to the forum (regardless of them being scammy too or not).
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2015, 09:56:39 AM

Yes that's an additional problem: a big percentage of posts linking to BTCJam seems to be scams. However that's not a reason to report threads. I really think these posts should be removed because they are spammy and don't contribute to the forum (regardless of them being scammy too or not).

IMO a post like the one you linked in OP is against #1 forum rule No zero or low value, pointless or uninteresting posts or threads. So, You could report it and see if mods agree.
Probably, IMHO, is a scammer trying to get big fast bucks.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
EcuaMobi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 02:32:03 PM

Another try, any word from admins/mods?

Here's another example:
I'm advertising a loan for plane tiket (btcjam)

A collateral is not offered because according to the person posting "he's not asking for a loan on bitcointalk".
I didn't ask a loan here mate.

I ask to take a look on btcjam, and if u can invest there!
There they have all of her official documents and informations

I really think this should not be allowed. People should either ask for loans here following the guidelines of this forum, or post somewhere else. But they shouldn't be allowed to use this forum just to promote external links.

IMO a post like the one you linked in OP is against #1 forum rule No zero or low value, pointless or uninteresting posts or threads. So, You could report it and see if mods agree.
Probably, IMHO, is a scammer trying to get big fast bucks.

Yes most probably it is. However I'd really like to see a mod's opinion on this.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 10:23:31 AM

Please change BTCJam to lending sites. Here is another:

Nothing other than a link. I reported it but no action from mod.

EcuaMobi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 01:33:05 AM

Since no mods replied to this I propose to apply this rule:
Any loans published in this forum must follow this forum's rules including this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577765.0
If you completely ignore this sticky and make a loan request with no collateral, without having massive trust on the forum, the chances of you getting negative trusted feedback and therefore having a Trade with Extreme Caution tag is almost 100%.

I will leave negative trust to newbies (or repeating older members) who post a link to BTCJam or other external lending pages without offering a valid collateral. I will do so regardless of they asking the loan here directly or on an external page and posting the link here. For example: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1118557.msg11855659#msg11855659

I encourage others to do the same or post here and let me know if you disagree.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: