Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dwolla  (Read 2347 times)
w128 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 12:37:20 AM

Dwolla is tiny, having taken on just $1.3M in funding since starting up. I'd imagine bitcoin is rapidly growing part of their business.

How neat would it be for some bitcoin baron to buy a stake in the company with money generated from bitcoin and cashed out through Dwolla?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2011, 01:05:03 AM

Dwolla has specifically mentioned an influx of Bitcoin users affecting them.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
lonestranger

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

I like long walks on the beach, shaving my head...

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 06:45:42 PM

I am very frustrated with the slow motion process of getting money into dwolla. They say it takes 2-3 business days, but it's more like 5 to 7 for me.  There has to be a better way.
airdata

Activity: 1148
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 07:23:32 PM

I am very frustrated with the slow motion process of getting money into dwolla. They say it takes 2-3 business days, but it's more like 5 to 7 for me.  There has to be a better way.

Yeah... No $hit... I was trying to buy $500 worth of btc this past week and nobody would sell to me because of paypal... Dwolla took their sweet ass time confirming my account and now I'm on day 3 of pending money being added to my account.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
......swap...Swap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
...MVP LIVE...
acamus

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 07:30:14 PM

Yeah... No $hit... I was trying to buy $500 worth of btc this past week and nobody would sell to me because of paypal... Dwolla took their sweet ass time confirming my account and now I'm on day 3 of pending money being added to my account.

It takes forever but that isn't really dwolla's fault, it is related to the us banking system. I would think dwolla should take credit card transactions though, that is a downfall.
lonestranger

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 08:08:29 PM

It takes forever but that isn't really dwolla's fault, it is related to the us banking system. I would think dwolla should take credit card transactions though, that is a downfall.

Mmmm...not so sure...the funds were transferred out of my bank 2 days ago but they're not in my dwolla account yet. No response from customer service either. Dwolla is not ready for prime time.
Bazil

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 08:12:55 PM

Yeah getting money into mtgox with Dwolla is a process.  In the mean time the price of bitcoins climbs.  I resorted to trading on the forum and on bitcoinmartket.com which allows pp.  But it's at about a dollar more than mtgox right now.  Probably because of the increased risk.

17Bo9a6YpXN2SbwY8mXLCD43Wup9ZE4rwm
Freakin

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 08:17:41 PM

Mmmm...not so sure...the funds were transferred out of my bank 2 days ago but they're not in my dwolla account yet. No response from customer service either. Dwolla is not ready for prime time.

Yeah my bank cleared a transaction and it still took 2 business days to hit Dwolla
lonestranger

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 09:28:07 PM

I felt a RUSH of excitement when I read the email that my dwolla transfer had cleared. So, I opened Mt Gox and transferred it in, but still I see the big '0' in my balance.

Now I must wait again. 

All of this bullshit with the financial system makes obvious the need for an instant payment system (hello bitcoin).

Damn!
lonestranger

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 09:29:31 PM

Yeah getting money into mtgox with Dwolla is a process.  In the mean time the price of bitcoins climbs.  I resorted to trading on the forum and on bitcoinmartket.com which allows pp.  But it's at about a dollar more than mtgox right now.  Probably because of the increased risk.

I don't know how to use that site. It's appears user unfriendly, I'm afraid. Is there a manual somewhere?
stic.man

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 10:08:27 PM

I felt a RUSH of excitement when I read the email that my dwolla transfer had cleared. So, I opened Mt Gox and transferred it in, but still I see the big '0' in my balance.

Now I must wait again. 

All of this bullshit with the financial system makes obvious the need for an instant payment system (hello bitcoin).

Damn!

magical tux is probably just waking up in japan, not sure of the time difference exactly though
Bazil

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 10:46:15 PM

I don't know how to use that site. It's appears user unfriendly, I'm afraid. Is there a manual somewhere?

Yep, it has pretty user unfriendly interface.  Basically after you sign up, click on the member services link on the right hand side.  Click on the "my orders" tab.  You won't see much but there will be two blue links. "Open a new order" and "accept an existing order".  They are pretty self explanatory.  If you want to just buy from someone who is listing accept an existing order.  if you want to create an order and set the price and amount you want click open a new order.  If you click accept an existing order you will have to click on the "BMBTC/PPUSD" tab to see orders specifically for pay pal.  The column on the right will be people selling bitcoins and the column on the left will be people buying.  After you accept an order or have your' accetpted you will have to pay the person directly through pay pal.  It's a good idea to click on their user id link and check out their feedback before you send them a bunch of money.

17Bo9a6YpXN2SbwY8mXLCD43Wup9ZE4rwm
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 08:06:55 PM

Yesterday my bank shows funds cleared to Dwolla.  Dwolla tells me to wait a few more days.  Just a few days here, and a few days there.  I'm tired.  ZZZ.

Lesson learned...want to buy Bitcoins now?  $$$ by snail mail is probably faster to fund an acct.  Sad
Phenomenon

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 08:16:50 PM

I have had ACH transactions out of my bank account clear far faster with other systems.  Dwolla just needs to work on optimizing their funding process to make it far less painful.
AtlasONo

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 10:46:12 PM

I have plenty of money in my account but dwolla keeps giving me errors preventing me from sending it to mtgox!!!  Roll Eyes   
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: