Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:03:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you have a feeling BTC has slowed down a bit?  (Read 4260 times)
Minerjoe (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 06:58:04 PM

After quite turbulent events during the last few years, I somehow feel BTC economy s been slowing down a bit. Maybe people are losing interest after not seeing those price jumps/decreases which we witnessed in the past. I know statistics ll probably dispute my claims but this is just my feeling. How do you feel about it, are people still into BTC?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 07:11:22 PM

There is a lot of negativity surrounding Bitcoin right now. Mt Gox, Sheep Market Place, Silk Road, Silk Road 2.0, to name a few. A large majority of the public thinks that it is risky to own Bitcoins. And those who think otherwise are discouraged from collecting coins by the frequent robberies and hacks. It is anyone's guess on who is waging the propaganda war against BTC.....
Minerjoe (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 07:14:17 PM

There is a lot of negativity surrounding Bitcoin right now. Mt Gox, Sheep Market Place, Silk Road, Silk Road 2.0, to name a few. A large majority of the public thinks that it is risky to own Bitcoins. And those who think otherwise are discouraged from collecting coins by the frequent robberies and hacks. It is anyone's guess on who is waging the propaganda war against BTC.....

Yes, I feel the same way. Do you think these investment funds which we all expect this year might improve the situation? If not, what can?

spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 07:27:53 PM

We are in the 1994 phase of the interenet IMO.

The phase everyone thought that is as far as the web goes.. no where.

I currently have a phone in my hand connected to the web more powerful than any computer from 94. 

Hands of steel, HODL your wealth in your own hands.
Minerjoe (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 07:35:39 PM

I currently have a phone in my hand connected to the web more powerful than any computer from 94. 

Yes, I ve been hearing that story for the last 2 years. But somehow I feel there hasn't been many new entrants to the market for the last couple of months. Maybe its me.

arlekyn13

Activity: 288

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 07:42:01 PM

Maybe people are losing interest after not seeing those price jumps/decreases which we witnessed in the past.

Some times ago people were complaining about the lack of price stability. Now people start missing the roller coaster? Price is still very volatile imo. Anyways, as long as the number of BTC users is going up, we're still good. Even if the rate slows down at times!

1CmrswU7JYpi9WNC8EHWCV3aam1FJsW2Zu - to show appreciation for my work
xDan

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 09:02:12 PM

The first rocket was launched, we got bitcoins to space and they came down successfully. There were some tragedies along the way.

But now, we learn from this experience. Work has been started on constructing an interplanetary spaceship. It's being prepped, fuelled, tweaked and adjusted. Sometimes, it's even taken for a little test flight, usually ending in a crash landing.

But... One day. One day, we shall FLY.

Maybe it has. But there are lots of things being built that can enable further, actually useful, economies, so I remain hopeful.

Think of something like OpenBazaar. Development may be slow. But, I think ideas like that have huge potential. Though it may take years for it to gain any large amount of adoption.

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
Taras
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053

Please do not PM me loan requests!

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 09:38:22 PM

Yes, I ve been hearing that story for the last 2 years. But somehow I feel there hasn't been many new entrants to the market for the last couple of months. Maybe its me.

I'm optimistic. Two years ago, I'd have said we were in the 1992 phase.
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 09:56:52 PM

OP, all the previous bubbles had 'cooldowns' of significantly more time then it took to form the bubble.
Bitcoin always went 'dark' before it exploded in more popularity ... I suspect thats where we are again ... gearing up for round 4 =)
Of course we could be in this rut for quite a long time then the others, who knows.
It was a good 1.5-2years from the $30 bubble to the $266 =) , in between we were stuck between $2-$10

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
BitcoinNewbie15

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 11:31:47 PM

I also think BTC has slowed down.. But i dont think it will stay this way for long Smiley
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2015, 12:22:50 AM

After quite turbulent events during the last few years, I somehow feel BTC economy s been slowing down a bit. Maybe people are losing interest after not seeing those price jumps/decreases which we witnessed in the past. I know statistics ll probably dispute my claims but this is just my feeling. How do you feel about it, are people still into BTC?

Bitcoin is like the web crawler. It opened a lot of doors, but the Google's of the future are in the alternative currency section of the forum.
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2015, 12:33:49 AM

if this is 1994 in Bitcoin, what were those CRAZY stories of govt and corruption and scandal for the internet back then?  I remember napster as the beginning and a bunch of dcma stuff but thats it.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 12:38:24 AM

Bitcoin is like the web crawler. It opened a lot of doors, but the Google's of the future are in the alternative currency section of the forum.

That's an interesting analogy. Bitcoin the BBS. Which one do you think will be Google?

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 12:42:35 AM

It got further than it really deserved to considering how fucked, mediocre and corrupt most of the exchanges and other ecosystem elements were up to 2013/14. It's borderline laughable that a multi billion dollar market depended on one autistic weirdo in Tokyo until relatively recently.

There's been such a disgusting smell left behind that it's in a lull waiting for it to be blown away by some people who really know what they're doing. That means real exchanges, multi sig wallets with simplified interfaces, the ability to hedge, the ability to put money in with the worries taken out of your hands.

The next couple of years is when we'll see whether it can leave all the old shit behind and start to fulfill some proper potential. It could go either way but there are lots of bright minds beavering away.

Minerjoe (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 12:28:29 PM

It got further than it really deserved to considering how fucked, mediocre and corrupt most of the exchanges and other ecosystem elements were up to 2013/14. It's borderline laughable that a multi billion dollar market depended on one autistic weirdo in Tokyo until relatively recently.

There's been such a disgusting smell left behind that it's in a lull waiting for it to be blown away by some people who really know what they're doing. That means real exchanges, multi sig wallets with simplified interfaces, the ability to hedge, the ability to put money in with the worries taken out of your hands.

The next couple of years is when we'll see whether it can leave all the old shit behind and start to fulfill some proper potential. It could go either way but there are lots of bright minds beavering away.

So what do you guys see as the greatest obstacles in the future?

rememberme

Activity: 415

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2015, 12:33:30 PM

What will pull the mainstream into BTC, thats the obstacle. All blockchain updates are appealing to the coding community. In order for BTC to be strong it must have world wide adoption. The question being; who will do it first.

Bitcoin and Crypto Mining Rigs https://www.minerigs.shop
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 12:35:55 PM

fighting a possible new coin, that can surpass bitcoin in technology, and the early adopters problem, which lead to high instability in price, and heavy manipulation
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 12:41:59 PM

General indifference is the biggest one. You can have the greatest tech ever but if there aren't enough people to care about it, it won't go anywhere.

There could be further regulatory weirdness like the upcoming stuff in Russia. If enough governments attempt to suppress it, that's a disincentive for legit operators elsewhere.

Big players looking to enter the space will find the current distribution odious in the extreme. They'd probably prefer to build something from scratch that gets them in on the ground floor.

Then you have all the technical niggles like scaling, fees, mining. I wouldn't know enough about that to sound very convincing.
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2015, 12:42:14 PM

If btc did not attract attention of those traders who bet on price jump/decrease or whatever, that is still okay. It's fine for me because for all I know, speculators only hurt the btc economy and bring more harm than good which is the main reason that leads to all the volatility. Rather, more helpful is having businesses accept bitcoin as a form of payment currency, where people see bitcoin as having a value, and finally as a medium of exchange. That is more important.

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 12:45:49 PM

BTC has slowed down alot... But I cannot understand why, more and more big tech company's adopt it, more and more transactions everyday....

https://blockchain.info/nl/charts/n-transactions?timespan=all&showDataPoints=false&daysAverageString=1&show_header=true&scale=0&address=

bitcoin is more secure and used by merchants than it ever was. no problem here.
people look at the price which isn't doing much and say that bitcoin is going backwards and so on.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: