Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:36:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin will Fizzle to Nothing..  (Read 1296 times)
bitcoinbot (OP)

Activity: 357
Merit: 130

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 09:18:48 PM

I love Bitcoin I really do but I just can't see businesses adopting it like I wish they would.
Bitcoin is a 'thing' of the moment like the Harlem Shake.

I hold over 4 bitcoin and spend weekly although it's only about £12 worth. I usually buy from takeaway from takeaway.com although I also bought from bitstickers this week.

I would love to know I can spend bitcoin anywhere, supermarkets, taxis, buses, local shops but I just can't see it happening.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 09:28:39 PM

What are you talking about? This "thing" that you're talking about, is not what Bitcoin is.
Bitcoin has been here since '2009. It is not going anywhere but the mainstream.
Have you not seen Newegg, Microsoft, Dell and many others adopt it? Where have you been living, under a rock?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
NyeFe

Activity: 699
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 09:31:19 PM

Bitcoin is still an emerging technology, which is powered by its wonderful, decentralised community here at bitcointalk and other places. The capability of bitcoin means it has attracted many enemies, who have united and are trying their best to hold it down (with no luck) as you already know Bitcoin is relatively new, so some are ahead of others and have already launched services, and others are yet to arrive.
Think about the user awareness and evolution of Bitcoin, like the internet. In 1995, there were only 16 million users, which jumped to 3.035 million in 2014. So in conclusion, you'll just have to wait for Bitcoin to mature.

MicroDApp.com—Smart Contract developers. Lets build a decentralized future!
Taras
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053

Please do not PM me loan requests!

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 09:35:09 PM

I love Bitcoin I really do but I just can't see businesses adopting it like I wish they would.
The Harlem Shake lasted all of two weeks. We're on our 324th week, with a record high transaction rate.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 09:35:53 PM

I think op is just confused and disappointed by fact that bitcoin is not already main global currency. I understand him, I also think that brilliant concept of bitcoin should be already everywhere. But you need to remember that it is more like an evolution of current payment standards and not total revolution which will be take place over one night. Just be patient.
bitcoinbot (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 09:39:29 PM

What are you talking about? This "thing" that you're talking about, is not what Bitcoin is.
Bitcoin has been here since '2009. It is not going anywhere but the mainstream.
Have you not seen Newegg, Microsoft, Dell and many others adopt it? Where have you been living, under a rock?

I am well aware of these companies however I have never bought no intend to buy at any point in the future from these companies.
When the likes of Spar, Coop, Wallmart, Asda, Tesco, McDonalds, Subway, Argos accept then I will say it's mainstream. I don't just mean a giftcard either, I mean a QR code at checkout.

6 Years is a long time in technology and business.
bitcoinbot (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 09:40:33 PM

Bitcoin is still an emerging technology, which is powered by its wonderful, decentralised community here at bitcointalk and other places. The capability of bitcoin means it has attracted many enemies, who have united and are trying their best to hold it down (with no luck) as you already know Bitcoin is relatively new, so some are ahead of others and have already launched services, and others are yet to arrive.
Think about the user awareness of Bitcoin, like the internet. In 1995, there were only 16 million users, which jumped to 3.035 million in 2014. So in conclusion, you'll just have to wait for Bitcoin to mature.

I don't think you can compare bitcoin to the internet in 1995.
bitcoinbot (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 09:42:37 PM

I think op is just confused and disappointed by fact that bitcoin is not already main global currency. I understand him, I also think that brilliant concept of bitcoin should be already everywhere. But you need to remember that it is more like an evolution of current payment standards and not total revolution which will be take place over one night. Just be patient.
The Harlem Shake lasted all of two weeks. We're on our 324th week, with a record high transaction rate.

I was in two minds whether I should mention Harlem Shake. The basis and thought is that it's a fad that will be forgotten about.
bitcoinbot (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 09:43:30 PM

I couldn't care less about mainstream adoption.

As long as Bitcoin continues to solve certain problems for certain people, it will not "fizzle to nothing".

What problems does it solve?
bitcoinbot (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 09:48:46 PM

I managed to get this quote mixed up with another lower down.
You are correct, Bitcoin is brilliant and it should be everywhere.

Bralex

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 09:50:04 PM

I couldn't care less about mainstream adoption.

As long as Bitcoin continues to solve certain problems for certain people, it will not "fizzle to nothing".

This is true Bitcoin is not going anywhere while there are people who are willing to use it for whatever they choose to use it on, me i like to store paper in it and that paper/money when i keep on top of security is exactly where i want it to be away from all kinds of eyes, if i ever need a nice lump sum i have no problem trading for cash and one day i am sure will be able to withdraw from a cash machine with a small fee. Comparing this to anything especially a Harlem shake lol is just showing you don't know enough about this amazing tech.  

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 09:56:51 PM

I am well aware of these companies however I have never bought no intend to buy at any point in the future from these companies.
When the likes of Spar, Coop, Wallmart, Asda, Tesco, McDonalds, Subway, Argos accept then I will say it's mainstream. I don't just mean a giftcard either, I mean a QR code at checkout.

6 Years is a long time in technology and business.
So because you can't buy unhealthy stuff with Bitcoin (McDonalds and such), it is going nowhere?
I love this logic. You can already buy (almost) everything that you need in life via Bitcoin (dependent on where you live).
Wallmart adoption would have 0 effect on other continents, so it is dependent on where you life just as I said.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Sythyn

Activity: 1082
Merit: 505

A Digital Universe with Endless Possibilities.

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 10:18:14 PM

Bitcoin is the technology of the future if you don't believe that I cannot help you.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 10:57:14 PM

It doesn't need little fellas in their coffee booths taking it for it to be a success. It's down to the movers and shakers from the world of finance, retail, education and business to figure out whether using it and pushing it is to their advantage. We're just at the beginning of that phase and won't know what's what for quite some time yet.

If they decide it has utility then it'll be fed back to the public in a palatable form. People who are using it now will be looked upon the same way as early internet users. A bit weird but maybe on to something.
DXB

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 11:00:14 PM

I'm sorry but you must be a mentally challenged if you don't see what Bitcoin has accomplished so far.

I wish we can have a crypto-kiddies forum for people just like you.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 11:25:17 PM

bitcoin and harlem shake go well together.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 11:29:29 PM

but I just can't see it happening.

like say a high member : "it take 15 years to my grandma to send me an email ... from his tablet in 2015. I send email since 2000."

technology, good technology, perfect technology ... take time to go mainstream.
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2015, 12:00:57 AM

I was in two minds whether I should mention Harlem Shake. The basis and thought is that it's a fad that will be forgotten about.

In the end, time will take everything existing today and all will be forgotten. Bitcoin is not unlike everything else in creation.
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1501

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2015, 01:09:32 AM

I would love to know I can spend bitcoin anywhere, supermarkets, taxis, buses, local shops but I just can't see it happening.

Harlem shake you say..

Did the harlem shake last 5+ years "a moment", does it have anything to do with crypto or can it be spent?

Food, taxi's, supermarkets, takeaways. buses, right that is what will make bitcoin. The job is on you to get your local shop to accept it why are you so lazy and unhelpful if you love something? If you would "love" these places to accept it then stop eating and show them the power of this.

Good luck on your journey.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 01:56:19 AM

I hold over 4 bitcoin and spend weekly although it's only about £12 worth. I usually buy from takeaway from takeaway.com although I also bought from bitstickers this week.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████