Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:35:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MegaDice - Play Instant Bitcoin Dice & Be Part of the Bankroll  (Read 34579 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
PHP.guru

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 03:04:16 AM

Satoshidice provides secret URL's which contain a secret key, they ask for you to share it with no one. I didn't share mine with anyone, my browser is relatively secure and i don't use windows. So there is no way anyone else has access to my secret url.

Now the problem is, they are not helping me reset my secondary pass phrase which entered before making the deposit. I haven't changed this password, i'v tried all my known passwords too and none of them work, i get blocked by their firewall after entering 5-6 passwords so i gave up.

I contacted support through email, after a couple of exchanges they asked me for details on where i logged in from and what times i logged in. I explained that i used a VPN, provided some information but couldn't go past the security checks they implemented.

They continued to ask for what times i deposited, i explained it's a stupid thing to ask as all i need to do is look up on the blockchain and that the rest of the information they had been asking is easily findable on my account, that i have access to.

In the end, the support reached a conclusion. They said, i will have to wait for some time so they can confirm no one has access to the account who knows the password for the investment. So i said ok and waited. Weeks past, it's been 2 MONTHS!. i kept emailing them to ask about the status, but they didn't respond. After nagging them on the Bitcointalk thread, i found out they now have a new customer support team.

I emailed the new customer support team (same email & PGP), they answered right away, asked me the same security check questions and i asked them to check the records of our previous conversations and help me with my account. Was told there are no records of the old emails, but after sending them copies of the encrypted messages (and the decrypted versions of them) they stopped replying.

Today the support team finally responded on Bitcointalk with this (after i asked if i'm a fucking ghost to them):
    No but we see recent successful invests and divests in the account you have been referring to, so you must have remembered the original password only a few days ago!

For other people reading this: VarietyBitcoin could not provide any information in order to identify himself as the real account owner and for that reason we could not reset the password. We can verify by signup IP, GEO IP, ISP used or signing a message on an address that was used to deposit to the account in the past.

The new login system will allow password recovery via email and two factor authentication.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77870.msg14473202#msg14473202

You don't need a password to make a successful investment, and * certainly haven't made a divestment*. The balance remains intact on my investment and they now chose to ignore me.

From what i can gather, Erik Voorhees (founder of Shapeshift.io) owns/used to own a fair share of this website. Does anyone how i can find any other information about the owners as it's private and i need to file a police report, it's the only thing i can think of doing other than warning others of them.

They used to be a reliable company, but switched ownership a couple of times. The new owners are incompetent and the support team are assholes.

so you can't verify anything not even IP or Country(?) or even sign a deposit address and don't remember password . What the possibility you are just social engineering and trying to get money out of an account which doesn't belong to you ? Hmm... honestly i can't believe that a site with 2million bankroll would risk its reputation on stealing " " your " "  coins (!) and since most of the users with password problems have got their problem resolved with signing address or at least somehow, it really seems that you are trying to get something out of nothing Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 08:55:28 AM

Satoshi Dice is updating to a new version of the website any time now. Investing features will be rebranded to "betting on the house bankroll", as this is what the backers (previously called investors) do.

If the site suddenly gets a new look, fear not, but register with your old secret and fill in the necessary details!

Try to improve support instead of visual appearance of the site.
+1

Site worked fine for a few days, but now it's back to being stuck on loading.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
jorgens

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 09:44:05 AM

Satoshi Dice is updating to a new version of the website any time now. Investing features will be rebranded to "betting on the house bankroll", as this is what the backers (previously called investors) do.

If the site suddenly gets a new look, fear not, but register with your old secret and fill in the necessary details!

Try to improve support instead of visual appearance of the site.

+1

use your resources smart. get your priorities right.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 08:35:02 PM

Aalrighty then. I now need a username and password to get to satoshidice. What the fuck?

goodbc

Activity: 105
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 08:47:27 PM

Have you read the text in that pop-up window?

Check your IQ! Send any amount to this address:
1GoodBTCiGyd1J1LkDhCThfTHG8n9WJnNn
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 02:29:04 AM

No popup and it's back to normal and working again. Let's hope it stays that way this time.

Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 11:45:19 AM

No popup and it's back to normal and working again. Let's hope it stays that way this time.
Scratch that, popup demanding name and pass is back.

nygaar

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 11:12:39 AM

and now its just a secret url ***#DoNotShareThisURL
CoinsOrDie

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 10:37:43 PM

try using this link.

https://satoshidice.com/

nygaar

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 10:18:53 PM

try using this link.

https://satoshidice.com/

yeah it works, thanks for the help
coingamblingreviews
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1032

★Bitcoin Gambling Reviews★

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2016, 01:50:27 PM

Hi Satoshi Circle (if this is not the right thread please send me to the right one).

I have been sending a bit of traffic to your site recently. How does the affiliate payout/tracking system work?

I have my bitcoin address put in your system so is it an automatic payout? Or do I need to log in or?

Thanks  Smiley

Shogen
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 02:00:56 PM

Hi Satoshi Circle (if this is not the right thread please send me to the right one).

The official thread for SatoshiCircle is https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731924.0, but since SC and SD are under the same company, I guess you can also get an answer posting here.

coingamblingreviews
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1032

★Bitcoin Gambling Reviews★

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2016, 02:02:48 PM

The official thread for SatoshiCircle is https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731924.0, but since SC and SD are under the same company, I guess you can also get an answer posting here.

Thanks Shogen Smiley

Will check there too!

tolega

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 06:42:32 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2016, 12:03:49 AM by tolega

In the new layout of www.satoshidice.com I cannot find the withdraw button. I am sure I have searched everywhere. Please help. Many thanks.

PS: Yes, I am logged in.
EDIT: Being helped by Radian Hero via email Smiley
goodbc

Merit: 11

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 12:14:18 AM

Is called CASHOUT . I wonder why, since there is no cash involved.

Check your IQ! Send any amount to this address:
1GoodBTCiGyd1J1LkDhCThfTHG8n9WJnNn
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 11:55:24 AM

Now what the fuck is going on. All I get is an error page that reads:

BADLY SECRET
many cookie eaten so much MD5
very salted
GET NEW SECRET AND COOKIE HERE

Clicking the get new secret and cookie link does nothing, going through satoshidice.com does nothing.

What. The. Fuck.

Oh yeah, and it also has a gandalf you shall not pass sign. Because why the hell not.

mog

Activity: 76

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 06:03:54 PM

site down for me also, why is SD so consistently bad at announcing downtime (if that's what this actually is) ?

If not, perhaps users lost funds, cuz......who knows what's going on right?

Why did no one even question why the site suddenly switch to email / password?
What was wrong with the old method?
Persepolis

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 01:11:19 AM

Site was back up, now back down again...DDOS?
MoneyShot2

Activity: 119

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 09:57:56 AM

any of the investors who know nothing about the downtime?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄
▄▄ 【BTC】
mog

Activity: 76

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 05:55:43 AM

At this point SD seems uncommunicative to the point of comedy. I'd take any investment with the house as a big risk until there's evidence to the contrary or new updates explaining:

1. Why the site changed to an email based login

2. Why all the recent downtime and no prior warning of downtime.

Otherwise treat your deposits as disposable assets and don't be surprised if they go missing one day.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: