Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:43:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BETVIP Email Phish  (Read 534 times)
tidus1097 (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 12:40:22 PM

I received 2 emails this morning at the same time. They were both from BETVIP stating that my account had been created and was now ready to do some betting of the sports nature. I don't do sports. I may watch the NCAA Mens Basketball tourney, but that's all. I'm a dice player or poker player. So I know that BETVIP somehow phished my email from the forum. I have made 1 sports bet and that was because it was a freebet from a promo here on bitcointalk that was not BETVIP. I'm not sure the policy on phishing, but clearly I was since I don't do sports betting. Did anybody else receive the emails from them? While it may not be a hoax, and they could be a actual sportbook betting service, it really pisses me off when they phish the forum for emails of gamblers to get them to use their services.
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 10:34:51 PM

You use that email at any other sites? Anyone else know that email? Someone could have created that account with your email under their referral link.

I opened this thinking you received an email from someone other then BETVIP, who was phishing and trying to steal your password Wink
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 10:40:07 PM

Your email address is publicly displayed on your profile, maybe they got it off of there if they saw you had posted on a similar topic? You may want to hide your email address from the public.
boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 06:32:10 AM

I confirm that I have received in total 3 emails like you. Two of them once and third last night. I think whoever participated in their promotion they all are facing same problem of receiving unlimited spam emails. If I remember well in that promotion everyone posted their email id's publicly in their thread to receive bonus.
fox19891989

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 10:17:55 AM

I received them too, it's also about NCAA sport betting, I didn't care those emails because I don't gamble NCAA games or sport betting.

And I thought they were sent by betvip PR team, are you sure they are phishing emails?

I guess hackers also get betvip promotion emails, so they fake them, that's why we get 2-3 same emails, only the first one is officially sent by betvip team.
copuxin

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 10:52:28 AM

BetVIP is unprofessional. I think so .Not Instant Withdraw . Pay for Promotion lated for 6 days ,... Beware this site
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: