Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:10:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Factom, are you going to buy it?  (Read 4104 times)
djemphol (OP)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 12:57:48 PM

I've been reading alot lately about Factom, one of the first applications build on top of the Bitcoin blockchain: https://koinify.com/?factom#/project/FACTOM

I think I'll throw in a few Bitcoins, the concept looks really nice. However, I have bad expiriences with ICO's so far.... People are often very eager to dump when they don't make profit immediatly after the project is released.

The presale has raised 780 BTC+ so far, and it has just started. At least the hype is there.

Whats your opinion? Are you buying some Factom?

| xrp | xcp |

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinNewbie15

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 01:05:29 PM

I have also heard about factom. I just dont know where to find more information on it... I have searched the BTCtalk forums but no luck Sad
AltcoinInvestor

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 01:05:40 PM

Nope, I won't.

How many shitcoins they'll sell?
As much as they can!
Everyone can grab shitcoins with high prices. It'll turn out scam for sure.
djemphol (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 01:24:36 PM

I have also heard about factom. I just dont know where to find more information on it... I have searched the BTCtalk forums but no luck Sad

Factom.org

| xrp | xcp |
djemphol (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 01:25:17 PM

Nope, I won't.

How many shitcoins they'll sell?
As much as they can!
Everyone can grab shitcoins with high prices. It'll turn out scam for sure.

Doesn't sound like you actually took the time to read about it.

| xrp | xcp |
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 01:27:04 PM

No, I won't. I don't have enough money to waste to gamble with altcoins.
I have nothing against the project and wish them luck, but it would be much better if people who make altcoins put their money and effort into Bitcoin.

shogdite

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

LIR Dev. www.letitride.io

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 01:32:24 PM

The presale has raised 780 BTC+ so far, and it has just started. At least the hype is there.

A fool and his bitcoin are easily parted Wink

I wont be investing a single satoshi,  every ICO is a scam until proven otherwise.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 01:45:46 PM

No, I won't buy any Factum.
The idea is good, but I can't see people using it.
Its designed for business, but did they ever talked with a business to know that THIS solution would be accepted and a viable choice?

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
amiryaqot
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 01:46:30 PM

I wont be investing a single satoshi,  every ICO is a scam until proven otherwise.

agreed with you there are so many example of ICO they just raised btc from user but never deliver so if anyone interested to lose his hard earned money then can go to invest in that project.
trafficolaa
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 02:08:34 PM

agreed with you there are so many example of ICO they just raised btc from user but never deliver so if anyone interested to lose his hard earned money then can go to invest in that project.

omg another ICO running there to raised money i already lost lot of money in shit coins so i will never invest in any crowd funding project.
dasource

Activity: 821

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 02:28:08 PM

I've been reading alot lately about Factom, one of the first applications build on top of the Bitcoin blockchain: https://koinify.com/?factom#/project/FACTOM

I think I'll throw in a few Bitcoins, the concept looks really nice. However, I have bad expiriences with ICO's so far.... People are often very eager to dump when they don't make profit immediatly after the project is released.

How many IPO's have been successful thus far? Just saying. I think Ethereum was the only legit Bitcoin IPO, and even if it was legit, it means nothing in terms of it being a success.

MaidSafe is going strong ...

^ I am with STUPID!
inBitweTrust

Merit: 501

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 03:08:44 PM

How many IPO's have been successful thus far? Just saying. I think Ethereum was the only legit Bitcoin IPO, and even if it was legit, it means nothing in terms of it being a success.

Even the legit and promising coins are an extreme gamble...

Ethereum has has many potential hurdles and weaknesses and may just end up being avoided because its superfluous and too complicated in favor of using oracles, sidechains, http://gavintech.blogspot.com/2014/06/bit-thereum.html, or incorporating scripts with https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0065.mediawiki

Maidsafe is a very ambitious project with a lot of competition and therefore very risky. One other concern is that maidsafe is depending upon many patents which will drive many open source advocates like myself away from locked down and controlled solutions for ones that anyone can innovate with without permissions or paying royalties towards.

Factom is a huge gamble that also isn't worth investing in at the moment. Many of these companies are asking the users to fund the development of an idea unlike bitcoin where developers wrote the code without an ICO and it organically grew based upon the value and merits of the project.

fast2fix
Legendary

Activity: 1612
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 03:43:44 PM

i would say no. if you really want to buy this altcoin wait for it to get listed on exchange then you can buy at a lower rate/price.  Tongue
inBitweTrust

Merit: 501

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 03:50:01 PM

i would say no. if you really want to buy this altcoin wait for it to get listed on exchange then you can buy at a lower rate/price.  Tongue

With the added disclaimer of waiting for the first pump and dump after it hits the exchanges when it has completely capitulated from the hype, than it may be wise to invest if they are producing promising work. Otherwise, you are just day trading or gambling.

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2015, 04:04:37 PM

Factom.org

sometimes it is too easy  Wink

Minerjoe

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 04:17:58 PM

I probably would if I had any BTC left.

rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 04:48:31 PM

Say NO to ICO.

Money thrown away on ICOs is killing cryptocurrencies. 99% of them turn out to be scams or die off before they ever do anything.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 05:14:54 PM

Maidsafe has been crashing since it peaked at 13k. I called it out that it was a bubble and it would go to pre bubble prices, it was pretty obvious.
Dont get me wrong MaidSafe is amazing but people in general is too dumb to get their heads around it if we still didn't got them on BTC. I believe it will shine very long term but for now its not worth the risk since you could get in a lot cheaper.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 05:17:39 PM

I dont see the need for this in the marketplace anytime soon.

removebeforeflight

Activity: 696
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 01:36:31 AM

I can see a a lot of merit in the factom project. It's solving real world problems using the blockchain.
So put BTC their way if you believe in the project, but not as any kind of investment as it's likely isn't.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: