Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:23:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PayPal for Bitcoin [Solving Chargebacks Professionally?]  (Read 6946 times)
kanazawa

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 12:56:58 PM

The PayPal structure works based on their policies and the chargeback possibility is offered since it works with credit card or bank accounts attached. Banks and CC companies are obligated to return money or to cancel orders because of the fraud attemps involved. So, Paypal, been a good company as it always is offer a possibility that goes a step further (an extended chargeback) and it's totally based on the facilitation offered by the system, so it's a "easy" target for fraudsters. So, there's no way you can work with full guarantee with Paypal and Bitcoin. Like we say always, it's like water and oil. Only if you use inside of your jurisdiction and use a set of particular local papers that you can tie the client with their documents and place some police in the middle of the negotiation. At least as I know, there no other way to proceed with that action.

]░░░░░░▄▄███████████▄▄
░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██▄
░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
░░███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░█░░░░░░░█▀▀▀█░░░░░░░░░█░██
█▌░█░░░░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░█░▐█
█▌░░█░░░░░░██▀▀▀░░░░░░░░█░░▐█
█▌░▄▄░░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▐█
███▀░░░░░░░█░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░▀███
██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
░░░░▀██▄▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄▄██▀
░░░░░░░▀▀███████████▀▀

]░░░░░░▄▄███████████▄▄
░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██▄
░░███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░█░░░░░░░█▀▀▀█░░░░░░░░░█░██
█▌░█░░░░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░█░▐█
█▌░░█░░░░░░██▀▀▀░░░░░░░░█░░▐█
█▌░▄▄░░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▐█
███▀░░░░░░░█░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░▀███
██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
░░░░▀██▄▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄▄██▀
░░░░░░░▀▀███████████▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Su100

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

Business models change. Its the mindset that stays

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:53:49 PM

We all know the number one reason why PayPal isn't used in trading Btc is because of Chargebacks. Does anyone know how we can prevent this, say like providing receipts or maybe making someone signs a legal document. I would like to make a site to host these transactions and I would like it to be hole free, any ideas?

Last year I was "admonished" by PayPal for selling BTC for PayPal electronically. The ones they didn't care about were paper wallets sent via FedEx. Either way, still risky... Paypal is behind the times, they don't "get it". It's like they are still AOL with install discs, while fiber is being dropped in homes. Give it 5 years and no one will even know what Paypal is, they'll be the radioshack of money transfer.

I love your way of thinking:-)
mocoin

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 08:58:07 AM

Forgot about it paypal chargeback have no solutions.All doors are closed by paypal.Bitcoin is a different world than paypal
cwick

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 02:28:13 AM

excellent question re the blockchain being proof of shipping....excellent. please let me know if you find out anything about this...im in a big fraud case myself still from last year.

thanks man
cwick

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 02:32:30 AM

as the title says.....why CAN'T the blockchain be proof to show that btc has been shipped??

i fu*king hate paypal, they hide behind their bullshit policies, and just let all us sellers get screwed!

there's got to be some justice...that being said, im STILL involved in a fraud case from last year, and im seriously thinking of suing paypal as well, with my prior argument of the blockchain being used as proof of shipping as part of my defense

any thoughts/ideas/prayers are gladly welcomed.....

thanks guys
BitcSeo

Activity: 1009
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:05:14 AM

well, i have seen paypal pushed to a tight angle by scammer's. thereby forcing them (paypal) to keep implementing (testing) different policies from account limitation to 21 days hold.

☞But, with ALL these rules anyone who intend to sell on ebay or outside ebay by accepting paypal as method of payment should be flexible and ready just in incase it backfires when dealing with dubious buyer.

Is easier to defend oneself as a buyer but, more difficult to defend when selling especially when it comes  to sales of digital related item(s) or virtual currencies.

I have been selling digital item's on ebay for the past month's because i have way's of forcing the buyer's to accept my term's & condition(s). i usually do this immediately after payment of specified item(s).

Easy going client(s) without string attached will gladly accept to abind my term(s) but, the dubious client will reject to abind by such condition(s) and any further attempt to dispute & escalate this payment right before delivering/shipment of goods will eventually make them a loser at this point.  Cool

NOTE : As a seller you only have one hidden protection! i'm not going to elaborate on this now. But, it's important for you to know that no buyer has the right to dispute an item (digital or non-digital) twice!

Thanks
Bitcseo

S🌏larplaNET  Rome🗺 🗺
mocoin

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 04:00:12 PM

excellent question re the blockchain being proof of shipping....excellent. please let me know if you find out anything about this...im in a big fraud case myself still from last year.

thanks man

You cant do anything just reveal that scammer name or site name on every forum so no more peoples will scammed again by same company/individual.
cwick

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 05:06:27 AM

@BitcSeo   can you please tell me how it is that no one has the right to dispute something (digital or non digital) twice with paypal?

id really appreciate it...thx
Uptrenda

Activity: 114
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 05:35:20 AM

We all know the number one reason why PayPal isn't used in trading Btc is because of Chargebacks. Does anyone know how we can prevent this, say like providing receipts or maybe making someone signs a legal document. I would like to make a site to host these transactions and I would like it to be hole free, any ideas?

Hey OP - there was actually a startup years ago here that was doing this. Let me find the thread for you. Yep, here we go: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=93770.0

It offers really good lessons but the tl; dr is that the entire business model is unpredictable since PayPal can just freeze funds any way. Plus, to actually prevent fraud you do need to do a huge amount of due diligence which essentially amounts to harassing your customers.

This is the real reason why there are no PayPal exchanges but it should be possible with a partnership with PayPal (not that they would ever agree to such a thing!)

FYI: I sold hundreds of Bitcoins on ebay with Paypal back in the day not realizing how stupid I was being and I never got scammed. I guess I got really lucky. Wow, now I'm getting all nostalgic.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 06:57:20 PM

Why not to take card like Spectrocoin card and attach to PayPal and for what to buy btc with PayPal,for usa users there is Payza

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print