Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:22:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Unseen.is BETA, secure communications. FREE premium account giveaway.  (Read 1099 times)
culexevilman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2015, 12:15:00 AM
Last edit: April 05, 2015, 06:26:29 AM by culexevilman

Are you still using this to communicate online with your family and friends or even conduct your business?

Well, if you are concerned with your privacy and freedom online. We have a solution for you...

To support for the community of Bitcointalk, we are giving away 50 premium accounts for FREE, to get your free premium account, simply signup for an FREE basic account at https://unseen.is/jasonk and pm me your username on unseen, reply here with your bitcointalk username, and you will be upgraded to PREMIUM! A review would be appreciated as well.

Also if in the future you would like to get premium accounts either for yourself, family and friends, coworkers etc.

Use my personal link to get 10% off your order. More discount for bulk orders!

https://unseen.is/payment.html?referrer=jasonk

We also have a competitive affiliates program and also private label version of our service, so PM me for detail discussion if you are interested.

Lets get down to the good stuff...

Features

State of the art encryption and security to protect your communications from hacking, snooping, surveillance etc.

Anonymous Chat and Calling feature right in your browser, no signups needed!

Superb call quality better than Skype etc.

Email (Premium Only), Chat, Video/Audio calls, conference calls fitting your every need.

Hosted in Iceland, with some of the strongest data privacy laws on the planet.

We take Bitcoins and process Credit card payments in Iceland.

About Unseen

Unseen brings both consumers and businesses strong, secure and private communications. Our skilled and experienced team have been building popular web sites and services since 1995. Before starting Unseen, we developed Before It’s News, a leading source of alternative news and information. Because of this, we’ve had numerous people share with us their concerns about internet communications security. We’ve been aware of most of the recent revelations for years.

Our premise is that everyone needs to be able to hear the truth so they can make a good choice for their future. If your communications isn’t secure, it could be monitored, blocked or changed without you knowing it. That’s not good for anyone.

With all the recent spying disclosures, we became concerned about the safety of our customer’s data, so we moved the company and servers to Iceland. Iceland has a good track record of doing the right thing for protecting privacy and their past behavior with the bankers and human rights. It’s a neutral country where during the height of the cold war, this is where Reagan and Gorbachev had their famous meetings. It’s a very developed country with state of the art data centers where your data is safe and under the protection of Icelandic laws. Our Icelandic director is firmly in control of any requests for data and will do everything legally possible to protect our customer’s communications.

In the future, expect many upgrades to our systems, as we stay abreast of the latest encryption and security technology and do everything we can to continue to earn your trust.

F.A.Q

Frequently Asked Questions

What does Unseen do?

Our services provide private and secure messaging, email and calling. We offer web, mobile and desktop apps that will allow secure communication wherever you are.

What is the mission of Unseen?

Open and free communications are critical in allowing the people to obtain truthful knowledge. Today, data is intercepted and snooped upon for various reasons and purposes. When someone can read your information while it’s in transit, it’s easy to block the recipient from ever receiving or change the content all without your permission. This is the reason Unseen was built. We also believe in giving full support for groups or individuals who needs security and privacy, like media reporters, whisle-blowers, people who are living under state-control and media-censorship. Especially heavily persecuted groups in Communist countries such as Falun Gong, Christians, Tibetans etc.

Where is Unseen based?

Our company and servers are based in Iceland, protected by some of the strictest data privacy laws on the planet. We are a registered company within Iceland. You can check it out here http://www.firmaskra.is/search.php?q=unseen#

What platforms is Unseen available on?

We are currently in beta, and available for Web browsers like Firefox, Chrome and Opera. Apps for Windows, Mac OS X and Ubuntu Linux. Android and iOS app is available now as well.

Why do I need Unseen?

If you value privacy, security and freedom, then you need to start protecting your online communications today. Most sites rely on data mining to offer a free service. "You" are their product, and that's not private.

How does it work?

Encryption takes your data and applies a special formula to it, so it becomes a scrambled gibberish that are only readable by the sender and the receiver.

We provide end to end encryption for all transmissions of data. We do not have the key and can't read any of your messages. This is done in the background, it will feel and work the same way as if using regular email or chat services.

What kind of encryption does Unseen offer?

We utilize industry standard openPGP encryption for email and TLS 2048 bits for audio/video calls. For chat we use a much stronger xAES algorithm and NTRU for key exchange. You can read more about it here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTRU

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Encryption_Standard

How does Unseen prevent someone from getting access to my data?

You will generate your own key and only you have access to it. Data from each of your messages is encrypted separately with your key, so even we can’t decrypt your messages.

We take many steps in guarding access to the servers itself. Data from each account is encrypted separately so even if any data were stolen, it's very difficult to break in.

Do you offer encrypted file storage?

Not yet, we are working on this now.

Do I need a new email address or can I keep the one I have?

You can keep the one you have, and you’ll be given a new one at Unseen. Let’s say you get the Unseen account name Johan. The email will automatically be Johan@unseen.is.

It’s a secure and isolated email address compared with the rest of your accounts.

Can I send emails to people outside of Unseen?

Yes you can send emails to any valid email address. In most cases, emails sent to outside of Unseen will be unencrypted because you don't have the recipient's key. You can also send encrypted emails to third party addresses, but they would need to utilize the same level of encryption that we use and you would need your recipient's public key. Otherwise it would be impossible for them to decrypt the message.

It’s highly recommended for both of you to use Unseen, simply because the content will not be transmitted over the internet as regular email. It’ll go from your computer directly to our secured servers, then to the recipient’s computer in a heavily encrypted tunnel.

https://blog.unseen.is/2014/03/26/email-cant-be-completely-private-or-secure/#awesm=f8715e452f17b232e801f1ae55c07447

Can I send chat messages to people outside of Unseen?

No, the highly secure chat feature is only available from user to user with Unseen accounts. For chat we use a proprietary technology thats simply not compatible with other services.

For audio or video calling, do both sides need to be using Unseen?

Yes. for calling both parties have to use Unseen. It’s the only way we can guarantee your security and that things are compatible. Calls are cross-platform compatible between web, desktop and mobile apps.

Isn’t a web service less secure?

Our web services are developed to provide the highest level of security available. Apps specific to a particular operating system do offer more security than browser based system. The web app is extremely convenient because you can get your messages on any machine anywhere.

What’s the difference between Unseen Basic and Premium accounts?

Basic accounts provides messaging and calling features.

Premium accounts offers maximum security for your online communication needs, secure email account with 2GB of storage and the strongest tier of encryption available, also up to 100MB of file sharing, unlimited individual and group calling, plus the ability to generate and store your own private key.

What's this Lifetime account I am hearing about?

Lifetime was a limited offer for the first customers of Unseen, its no longer available. It was discontinued after March 1, 2015. We are now offering monthly and yearly subscriptions.

What is your data retention policy?

Its simple, we keep limited logs and backups for 2 weeks. After 2 weeks, they are overridden. We do not have anything beyond that point.

What if you get a request from the government to hand over information?

Because we’re based in Iceland, we are bound by Icelandic laws. We only follow orders from Icelandic courts. If we receive a valid warrant issued in Iceland, we will throughly evaluate the request. If it is a legally valid request, then the information we have will have to be turned over to the court. In Iceland, it's not permitted to create backdoors or to give bulk access to the data. We only have encrypted files and related logs.

How do I upgrade my basic account to premium?

To upgrade your account, just log into your account and click on the Upgrade to Premium button in the menu bar at the top of the page. From here you will be taken to a payment page. If you are only purchasing a single upgrade, the account you are logged into will be upgraded automatically after payment.

I have several accounts that I want to upgrade. Whats next?

If you are purchasing group upgrades, please contact us at support@unseen.is , so we can provide the best pricing available to you.

Do you offer private label version of Unseen?

Not yet, but we are working on a co-branded version. Please contact us if you are interested at support@unseen.is .

Do you offer an affiliate program?

Yes we do! We offer an highly competitive affiliate program for you. If you would like to sign up. Please contact support at support@unseen.is with subject affiliate.

I have forgotten my password and/or username, how do I retrieve them?

When at the Unseen home page, click on the ’Forgot Password’ link. Enter your username or email id and click on the ’Reset password’. WARNING!: If you reset your password, you will lose all access to previous messages and data plus encrypted emails. This is done for your protection.

What payment methods do you accept?

We currently accept the following payment methods: Paypal, VISA and MasterCard, with credit/debit cards processed in Iceland, we also accept Bitcoin.

Can I get a refund?

Of course. While we hate to see you go, if for any reason you are not satisfied, please contact us at support@unseen.is and request a full refund within 30 days of purchase.

How do I delete my Unseen account?

If you don't plan to use your Unseen account ever again, you can always delete your account from the account settings. Please be aware that there is an irreversible removal procedure that can take up to 14 days, before account data is erased completely.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
culexevilman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2015, 07:58:04 PM

RESERVED
powbit.com

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 08:36:15 PM

just signed-up for account: much
nice interface, good luck!

culexevilman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 01:33:04 AM

just signed-up for account: much
nice interface, good luck!

Greetings, just upgraded you to a lifetime premium account. Enjoy!

49/50 premium accounts left.

Culexevilman
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 01:38:48 AM

Just so you know there is a rule about "giveaways" here:you can't offer anyone an incentive to post in your thread, this is to reduce spam. You will probably need to change this, perhaps ask users to PM you the username instead of posting it.

culexevilman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 06:23:41 AM

Just so you know there is a rule about "giveaways" here:you can't offer anyone an incentive to post in your thread, this is to reduce spam. You will probably need to change this, perhaps ask users to PM you the username instead of posting it.

Ok sure.
TXWA

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 06:52:37 AM

Very interesting & useful project. Will definitely keep watching this.

Good luck! Smiley
culexevilman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 06:02:32 PM

Very interesting & useful project. Will definitely keep watching this.

Good luck! Smiley

Thank you for your support and kind words, we believe everyone should have the freedom to communicate online without fear of being watched or snooped upon.

Smiley

49/50 premium accounts left.

Culexevilman
icex999

Activity: 137
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 08:52:52 PM

Just PMed you over @ unseen :-)
culexevilman (OP)
Legendary