Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:00:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoinwatch.com now has other at 68%  (Read 1893 times)
mcdett (OP)

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 03:13:29 AM

are they missing a mining pool, or have more people gone independent?
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rampone

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

dafq is goin on

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 03:16:25 AM

.... wink, yeahhhh, the fpga asic flood, stop mining look at total hash rate Wink  Roll Eyes

http://virwox.com - Bitcoins via CCard, Skrill, paysafe, paypal & SEPA
Convert your bitcoin into spendable fiat money in less than 2 days. Poker Players use this method to avoid "unnecessary trouble" with the country they live in ... PM me for details. +1:naz86,b4nana,tinua,smart1986,fhh
Veldy

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 04:04:12 AM

BTCMine did a software upgrade and apparently the JSON interface they had is not being consumed by Bitcoin Watch (or the interface changed) ... not sure whether Bitcoin Watch needs to do something or BTCMine does, I suspect the former.  That accounts for a pie slice a little larger than BTC Guild.

If you have found my post helpful, please donate what you feel it is worth: 18vaZ4K62WiL6W2Qoj9AE1cerfCHRaUW4x
Veldy

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 04:18:47 AM

I want to know just who these Others are?HuhHuh?  Are they pushing the button every 108 minutes???   Are they going to attack us and take our bitcoins?

Small friendly pools and solo miners.

If you have found my post helpful, please donate what you feel it is worth: 18vaZ4K62WiL6W2Qoj9AE1cerfCHRaUW4x
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 04:27:25 AM

More likely, the site is wildly inaccurate about the aggregate hashing speed, as it always is after a difficulty change, and it just subtracts the published hashing speeds of the various known pools from the horribly inflated global estimate and concludes that "other" is doing a lot of work.

I bet it'll look normal again in a day or two.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
Veldy

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 06:15:49 AM

More likely, the site is wildly inaccurate about the aggregate hashing speed, as it always is after a difficulty change, and it just subtracts the published hashing speeds of the various known pools from the horribly inflated global estimate and concludes that "other" is doing a lot of work.

I bet it'll look normal again in a day or two.

It is based on JSON data from the pools and everything else is "other".  Pretty simple.

eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 10:08:52 PM

BTCMine did a software upgrade and apparently the JSON interface they had is not being consumed by Bitcoin Watch (or the interface changed) ... not sure whether Bitcoin Watch needs to do something or BTCMine does, I suspect the former.  That accounts for a pie slice a little larger than BTC Guild.

A bit smaller than BTC Guild actually Smiley.

The point is still valid though, some pools have been attacked/had downtime lately, which removes them from the pie chart temporarily.  Reloading bitcoinwatch's pie chart right now shows Other roughly the size of BTC Guild / BTCMine.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
Veldy

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 11:51:41 PM

BTCMine did a software upgrade and apparently the JSON interface they had is not being consumed by Bitcoin Watch (or the interface changed) ... not sure whether Bitcoin Watch needs to do something or BTCMine does, I suspect the former.  That accounts for a pie slice a little larger than BTC Guild.

A bit smaller than BTC Guild actually Smiley.

The point is still valid though, some pools have been attacked/had downtime lately, which removes them from the pie chart temporarily.  Reloading bitcoinwatch's pie chart right now shows Other roughly the size of BTC Guild / BTCMine.

Deepbit is and has been up for awhile at well over 1TH/s, but they were not represented on the pie chart and thus were lumped in with other.  The chart is NOT wildly inaccurate and in fact it is precisely accurate [as of the time sample they use to generate the chart anyway].  But, if they aren't consuming the JSON data or the JSON data is not available from a pool, then the processing power generated by pools not represented falls under "other".  What would you expect them to put there?  I see deepbit is back there now and "other" is precisely reduced accordingly.

Let's get real and let this thread die a timely death.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: