Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:57:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: C#/.NET coder for hire as a tutor or developer  (Read 3949 times)
dgamer5000 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 105
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 03:23:06 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2011, 06:01:54 AM by dgamer5000

Hey guys,

I'm an experienced C# coder currently working for a major cellphone company (I'd like to remain as anonymous as possible, so Ill just say I work as an engineer for one of the following companies: Apple, Motorola, HTC, LG) looking to make extra money on the side while simultaneously jumping on the cool new bitcoin bandwagon Smiley.

I would like to develop desktop software and C# libraries for you or tutor you to help you become an expert C# programmer or computer scientist in exchange for bitcoins. My expertise in C# includes the creation of WPF applications (GUI applications, essentially), 2D game creation and design using XNA, construction/analysis of complex, multithreaded, elegant algorithms, amongst other things.

A sample of requests I would be able to help with:
-Can you use the MtGox API found on https://mtgox.com/support/tradeAPI to create a desktop trading application (for MtGox)?
   -You can? Awesome! Can you add functionality so that it can buy or sell automatically if the market prices reach a certain amount?

-I want to try developing a game for the Xbox 360/PC using Microsoft XNA. I'm somewhat confident I can learn c#, can you walk me through creating a simple pong game?
   -Pong is totally awesome, but I wanna make more complex games. I don't want my games to consist of boring single-frame sprites, though, and XNA doesnt seem to support animation right out of the box. Can you write a library for me that can animate a sprite using a sprite sheet (like the one found on "http://www.36peas.com/storage/ninja/small%20ninja%20shinbi%20sprite%20sheet.png")?

-My Computer Science Theory class is terrible! Can you help me run through this pseudocode/turing machine my professor gave me? What is the output?
   -Reading someone else's algorithm was terrible, now my professor is making me write my own?! Can you help me construct an algorithm that solves this particular problem? What is the running time in Big-O notation?
      -WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE PROBLEM IS "UNSOLVABLE IN POLYNOMIAL TIME?!" I thought you were good?! I guess I'll forgive you if you can prove that this problem really is in NP. (What the hell is NP anyway?) I'd like that proof in PDF form with my full name and the words "CS 467 - Homework #6" on the top right of every page, please.

More information about, including limitations of, my offer:
-No development of server-side specific applications. This means no ASP.NET, no back-ends for websites, etc. I'm away from home (thanks, day job) for the foreseeable future and I do not have the resources necessary to properly create and test robust server-side applications at the moment.

-I do in fact have a day job and if the sun is up and it is a weekday, chances are that I am at work. Therefore, I will have bursts of productivity on the weekends, but productivity will slow significantly on weekdays. If you want to request a project, give me a time when you want it done, and I will tell you if it is feasable. If, as the project progresses, it turns out I cant make the deadline we agreed upon, I will tell you as soon as possible and give you a chancer to back out of the agreement altogether without charge or shame :3.

-No 3D graphics in XNA.

-You will be given the source code after you have received the acctual program and I have received the payment, upon request. I will keep the source code on the HDD for at least 7 days after you receive or decline to receive the source code so that I can attempt to fix any bugs you may find.

-Again, we will agree upon a price and deadline before I start on the project.

If you want to make a request, PM me or post your request here. Include your price offer and expected deadline. I'll reply accepting the request or proposing changes to the request as soon as possible Cheesy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sean

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2011, 06:38:42 AM

Pity you don't know ASP.Net.

How would you be at writing a C# BitCoin client though? I don't have the time to write one myself but am definitely looking for
something like this to implement on my site.

You won't need to test it too much, I can do that... just get a prototype with commented source code ready.
dgamer5000 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 06:51:25 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2011, 07:10:38 AM by dgamer5000

Id be able to do that, certainly. For something like that, how does 3 BTC sound with a deadline by monday at the latest? Do you mind using ClearCoin?

The code will be in C# 4.0 and will be compilable right-out-of-the-box using a typical installation of Visual C# 2010 Express and of course, extensively commented.
Sean

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2011, 07:47:22 AM

Sounds absolutely fantastic!

I really don't care about the GUI, it's the API that I'll be adding into my web site that I'm most worried about...
Just a GUI to show it's functions would be appreciated.

As for ClearCoin, It'll take me a few days until I will have any BTC; I live in NZ so I'm waiting for funds to arrive in Australia and then
I will be able to buy some through MtGox. If you can take my word for it then get going, but otherwise I'll escrow the BTC ASAP,
this will probably be next Tuesday or Wednesday NZ time. Time is not too important for me as yet so if you want then just wait
it out.

Also, if you could communicate via my email that would be awesome, it's on my profile.
dgamer5000 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 06:56:23 PM

That's fine. Ill start working on the program and send you the compiled exe even if you don't have the money on time so you can try it out and what not. After that, I'll send you the source code and any associated documentation once you send me the BTC.

I'm at work right now, so I'll email you a more detailed explanation of what you can expect and see if you want any changes later tonight (probably).
dgamer5000 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 07:37:02 AM

Woops, I misread your post Sean. I sent you an explanation via email.

For others, Im currently working on two requests right now, so I will most likely be unavailable for requests for at least this weekend (unless your request is small). If you PMed/Emailed me a request, check your PMs/email. You should have already received a reply.  
Quantumplation

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 04:07:37 PM

Not to hijack your thread, but while dgamer5000 is unavailable due to workload, if you have any other requests I'm also a very experienced C# programmer (C++ for 6 years, then switched to C# for the last 5).

NOTE: This account was compromised from 2017 to 2021.  I'm in the process of deleting posts not made by me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: