Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 03:36:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is slowly warming g upto the Wall Street  (Read 1118 times)
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2015, 01:09:14 AM

I'm the one that says it's a bad thing. If it is heavily traded it can only ended up like a commodity because no way business are going to live with such high volatility even if you have a payment processor that handles the conversion for them. I don't know, when I discuss this among my fellow group of bitcoiners, most of them welcome the move as they think it will be good overall as bitcoin badly needs fresh funds and exposure but for me, I see more disadvantages surrounding it.

bornil267645 (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2015, 04:44:07 AM

In my opinion, if wall street ever gets the hang of it, it will be do or die situation. I think it might be the catalyst that was needed for the bitcoin market to finally establish on the global market, or it might be the rolar coaster ride that that ends with disaster for the community.
Either way, it might be the final throw at dice.

crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 05:31:31 AM

In my opinion, if wall street ever gets the hang of it, it will be do or die situation. I think it might be the catalyst that was needed for the bitcoin market to finally establish on the global market, or it might be the rolar coaster ride that that ends with disaster for the community.
Either way, it might be the final throw at dice.

The main problem is that Wall Street will not seriously take a grip of it without some of form of regulation. After all, would you trade oil if there wasn't any regulation related to its production, distribution and trade? Who would put millions in it?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2015, 06:15:32 AM

Wallstreet accepted it long ago IMO, as soon as Bitcoin was seen as a potential investment/commodity people jumped on the bandwagon.
If you're saying that Wallstreet has invested what it can so far, then you're wrong. They might have noticed it, but these things take time. There is a good risk of losing your Bitcoins once you buy them (exchange hacks and whatnot).
I think that we will see some changes after a ETF gets launched.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: