Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:50:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why volume of altcoins just dropped drastically ?  (Read 2636 times)
shapeshift (OP)

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 07:00:08 PM

There is a significant volume decrease at most of the altcoins. Except some coins , nearly all altcoins have very low volume (@cryptsy especially). What is your opinion about this? Why altcoins' volume dropped?

I have some conspiracy theories , but I like most the possibility of all whales went to holiday Smiley
SBOSS

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

Start your Own Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 07:36:16 PM

Because 99.99% of them are forks of Bitcoin-QT or Cryptonote (Monero).  No value in them as you can make your own clone / Monero for free.

[ COINSCLONE  ✔  No programming skills needed    ✔  Liquidity ready   ✔  Earn via Commission
█████████████  CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE SOFTWARE   |    (❪  FREE TRIAL  ❫)
Launch  a  website  like  Binance  or  Coinbase      █     ⚫    telegram    ⚫    whatsapp
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2015, 07:58:17 PM

Because 99.99% of them are forks of Bitcoin-QT or Cryptonote (Monero).  No value in them as you can make your own clone / Monero for free.

Do it, then

Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 08:49:44 PM

The wildcat days are over.

The shakeout has begun.  The industry is maturing.

People may think that Gen 2.0 platforms are sucking out all the oxygen...
But wait till Wall Street starts rolling out dozens of ETFs...
And start-ups on Junior Exchanges that you'll trade through your broker...
This "trust" below is structured similar to the Winklevoss ETF where a share = 0.1 BTC.

Fees will be miniscule...
I can buy/sell 1,000 shares at $25.00 worth $25,000 for about $3.00...
Flip it for $0.10 and that's $100... do it all day... can't wait.

I'm waiting for the Market Makers to get their act together on this one:

o0‡0o

Activity: 227
Merit: 103

Have faith.

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 09:29:55 PM

people are tired of scams and shitcoin, they sucked that cow dry.
fully agree +1

Get used to it.
compmaster

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 09:49:32 PM

What are you talking about!!!?Huh

Many of the weed and hemp nice coins have been growing in volume or are about to.

CANN up 150% in the last month.

THC up 250% in the last month.

CCN, DOPE and POT are about to blast off.

The value of CANN and THC have also been increasing a lot. I only own these types of coins so I wouldn't know whats going on with other ones.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 09:59:25 PM

There is a significant volume decrease at most of the altcoins. Except some coins , nearly all altcoins have very low volume (@cryptsy especially). What is your opinion about this? Why altcoins' volume dropped?

I have some conspiracy theories , but I like most the possibility of all whales went to holiday Smiley

No conspiracy therories needed, its bitcoin ... everyone knows it is at a threshold to drop to new lower prices or go high.
Investors just won't take this risk anymore and wait.

This is just it. The risk/reward ratio is nuts. Playing with altcoins is like picking up pennies on the highway

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 10:09:37 PM

What are you talking about!!!?Huh

Many of the weed and hemp nice coins have been growing in volume or are about to.

CANN up 150% in the last month.

THC up 250% in the last month.

CCN, DOPE and POT are about to blast off.

The value of CANN and THC have also been increasing a lot. I only own these types of coins so I wouldn't know whats going on with other ones.

you have to pump a bit harder not working otherwise

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
mrcashking

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 10:14:35 PM

The majority of the newbies bitcoin has changed hands to the whales and there are no more newbies who are jumping in their shoes to give their money away on the array of crap coins that are available. Even good traders have no doubt been burnt on them and have called it a day i know i have, i only have a couple of long term investments that i got in cheap at the start. The only volume left now are the manipulators imho.
Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 10:37:16 PM

Because 99.99% of them are forks of Bitcoin-QT or Cryptonote (Monero).  No value in them as you can make your own clone / Monero for free.

Monero and Bitcoin is also a fork from some older idea... Just as Monero from Bytecoin.
You are almost speaking if they invented the wheel.

True, actually even the concept of the wheel itself was taken from previous "natural" things. Every idea comes from an impression, humans may have gotten the impression of a wheel or circle from their own bodies and nature among other things(Ex: The tips of the thumb and all other finger tips touching at the same time form a wheel of sorts, animals dig circle shaped burrows all the time, etc).

Bitcoin itself, its core components, were taken from mechanisms others have built such as it's very algorithm SHA256, the cryptography it uses, and more. The point isn't to try to so-call, "reinvent the wheel", it's to make a better "wheel" that fits the purpose for a large amount of people.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
Undermood
Legendary

Activity: 950

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 01:55:05 AM

Monero and Bitcoin is also a fork from some older idea... Just as Monero from Bytecoin.
You are almost speaking if they invented the wheel.

True, actually even the concept of the wheel itself was taken from previous "natural" things. Every idea comes from an impression, humans may have gotten the impression of a wheel or circle from their own bodies and nature among other things(Ex: The tips of the thumb and all other finger tips touching at the same time form a wheel of sorts, animals dig circle shaped burrows all the time, etc).

Bitcoin itself, its core components, were taken from mechanisms others have built such as it's very algorithm SHA256, the cryptography it uses, and more. The point isn't to try to so-call, "reinvent the wheel", it's to make a better "wheel" that fits the purpose for a large amount of people.
yes, but we can still call it innovation, which package the existing substance to form a new things  or concept, not copy or paste.

╓▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖,
         ,▄██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▄,
        ▄████▀▀░░        ░╙▀▓███▓,
      ,███╣▒▒▒░░╓╖╖╖╖╖╖,░░░▒▒╢▓▓▓[
     ╓▓██▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓╢▓▓▓▓
    ╖▒▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▓▓▓▓▒░,
   ╫▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒               "▓▓▓▓▓▓  ╟
  ▐▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓╖              ▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ]
 ,▓▓░░░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▄           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓`░░ ▐▓▌
 ╟▓▓▌░░░ ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓         ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░╓▓▓▓
 ╟▓▓▓▓   ░`▓▓▓▓▓▓,      ╟▓▓▓▓▓╜░░░░╓▓▓▓▓
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓,░ ░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖   ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░╟▓▓▓▓▌
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖░   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌ ╓██████▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓`
   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌  ░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓╢╣╢╢▓███▓█▀
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓@░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄░▒▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀
            ╙▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀`
InfinitusToken.io
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███

███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
   ███
⚑⚑ Read our Whitepaper
⚑⚑ Medium ⚑⚑ Telegram
[/ta
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 03:11:38 AM

Don't fret!  Chicagoschooler is here to try to sell you his ideal reserve shitcoin.
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 04:59:48 PM

because guys like you literally touch any junk and scam floating about

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
Hollowman338
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 06:28:45 PM

Don't fret!

Your investment is NEM?

1 minute is a long time, 120x the time consumed by the Clotho-Hydra to achieve certainty, but at least I know NEM needs multiple confirmations for certainty, so the situation is even worse.

I see no price stability either.

Hold no matter what.  Believe no warnings.

My investment in NEM?

You mean the .0065 btc submitted during the call for participation?

My 44,900% return on that investment?  Is that the one you're talking about?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

No one gives a fuck about your shitcoin boondoggle-horseshit money-gone-in-500-milliseconds garbage

Hollowman338
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 07:54:47 PM

No one gives a fuck about your shitcoin boondoggle-horseshit money-gone-in-500-milliseconds garbage

For posterity (you forgot one).
BitmoreCoin

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 09:43:41 AM

people are tired of scams and shitcoin.

People are losing interest on some altcoins. Only innovative coins will prosper.
RaginglikeaBoss

Activity: 302

Never before 11 P.M.

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 09:51:16 AM

*Cough* for the ones new to trading this is one of those magical moments where large amounts of BTC/fiat can and will be made.  The sad part is most will choose wrong and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy.

I suggest newbies to really watch what happens this month so next time volume stalls you don't fall into the obvious traps.

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 12:02:40 PM

Only alts with a real world purpose stay alive who give people outside the Crypto community who don't basically care about Crypto still beneficial reasons to use it which 99.9% of alts don't offer, maybe 1 or 2. If this forum would stop existing majority of alts would be finished.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 12:39:33 PM

people are tired of scams and shitcoin.

People are losing interest on some altcoins. Only innovative coins will prosper.

the ones plugged as innovative are the scams    Shocked  its currency not a bloody moon landing.

shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 01:38:21 PM

Many people has stopped participating in the altcoin market due to many scams.
People have less confidence unless there are whales pumping the coin. Then greedy people will rush in again.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: