Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:51:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BullShit Trust. It is the beginning of the end.  (Read 7100 times)
Bjork

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

Look for the bear necessities!!

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 10:53:56 AM

If you think it is a ponzi/some other risky venture, why are you screaming/whining now that you may have lost?  If it is true that it is a ponzi then you are only stealing others' money by withdrawing anyways

Sorry....Who's screaming/whining Ponzi ?

Let's hope alot of people re-invest so that I can get paid.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 10:55:16 AM

You are correct on a few points and to that I concede.

Luckily, in my own defense, this forum has User Stats that clearly show MOST ACTIVE/HISTORICAL TIMES Wink

Pirate and I seem to be in the SAME time zone as well and since I try not to bother him during regular business hours too much as he could very well maintain a 9-5 job, WHEN IS A GOOD TIME ?

As I have said previously, I am not at all saddened by the forcible closure of my account and can only thank my lucky stars that I was NOT A TRUST account, as I would have stood to lose an additional 500 BTC 'Security' Deposit for 'Rocking the boat'.....

Let this be a lesson to all TRUST ACCOUNTS:

I don't have a 500 BTC Security Deposit to lose, but you surely may. Keep your mouths shut and keep the deposits rolling in Wink

No, I don't have 0.5K BTC to lose. Smiley Therefore I won't invest such an amount anywhere I think I might lose it.

It looks like you are exercising self reflection here, which is good.

You stated you are in the same time zone as Pirate, which means, the chance of getting swift replies are bigger.

However, sometimes unexpected things just happens. While anyone running a business would love to be available through all business days, year round, sometimes there are accidents, emergencies, celebrations etc. Things happens.

You stated you already had several prompt withdrawals. Which is good, and led you to expect that this service would be just as swift in the future.

Now, let's picture this: Let's say that you are usually available 19:00 in the afternoon. At this time, you're always around the computer, ready to answer any message or request that pops up. Then suddenly one day, while you sit down to spend some time on your pc, you get a call from a close friend, or a family member, requesting your assistance for an emergency of a larger or smaller degree, and you reluctantly needs to leave your beloved PC to attend to this meat space disruption.

Or picture you're on the way home from your office and there's been a traffic accident, or there's road construction work, or a flood, an oil spill, or whatever slows the traffic down.

Point is that there are hundreds of things that can happen in an ordinary day that can make something become delayed.

Of course there's always cell phone internet plans, so it's possible to process requests even when stuck in traffic, but the point is that if your grandmother had a seizure, your daughter stepped on a piece of glass, or you have stomach issues and is spraying the toilett, you will be unavailable.

Most likely you will be available at your computer at 19:00 92% of the days in a year, while on the remaining 8% you will be unavailable for whatever reason, sometimes life just happens and a day or more go by when we can't do the stuff we intended to do.

This is not a defense of pirate, but just trying to add some common sense into the matter.

I think that after a day, if no response is received, and then a follow up response also doesnt receive a response, then it's time to complain on the forum. I understand you get upset when money is 'locked' up. I wasn't too easy myself this week when I had requested a withdrawal from a non bitcoin-related business, and I thought it took forever to get it. I explicitly asked that the business in question notified me once the transaction was initiated. There was not a notification whatsoever, and naturally yesterday, after 4 business days without a confirmation of the withdrawal, I started to be uneasy. Today the money came, and it was sent on wednesday this week, but they didn't bother telling me they had initiated the transaction as they promised to do.

A case of lack of communication. Some would probably call me impatient, but when you don't receive any messages, you have no idea what's going on on the other side.

So, a little patience should be exercised at least, and personally I would give a bitcoin business a couple of days to respond before I start crying foul.
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 11:00:40 AM

I was and still am crying SHIT COMMUNICATION.

Telling me that I am 'In a queue' with nothing else to accompany it, might as well be telling me the asshole is a body part, when I ask where it's located.

Herodes

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 11:07:31 AM

I was and still am crying SHIT COMMUNICATION.

Telling me that I am 'In a queue' with nothing else to accompany it, might as well be telling me the asshole is a body part, when I ask where it's located.

So you discount the possibility that he was just unavailable for a few hours ? Heck, for all we know, perhaps he was on a date, and busy with trying to get a posh babe to spread here legs. Wink
unclescrooge
aka Raphy

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 12:08:11 PM

As I have always maintained, I have NOTHING to hide.

Over the course of 7 months, I made a total of 4 withdrawals, totaling 2165 BTC....with the largest being 1900 BTC (1900 + 140+ 100 + 25).
All 4 withdrawals were received at break-neck speeds after requesting them.

After 3+ hours of waiting and ZERO Communication to tell me otherwise, I had simply had enough.

I was then informed that My account was forcibly closed 5.5 hours after my initial withdrawal request and THIS is what it took to get what up to this point was THE STRAIGHTEST ANSWER THAT I HAVE EVER GOTTEN FROM PIRATE OVER THE PAST 7 MONTHS.

Did the price spike have me worried ? DAMN RIGHTS IT DID.

You're ridiculous. I mean, how fucking old are you? You're a joke, and everyone taking this to prove bst is a ponzi is a joke as well.

Glad Pirate closed your account. I just hope all this FUD doesn't lead him to close for good, because you will feel sorry aout the lost opportunity, and the stability that pirate brought to bitcoin price (yes, regular increase is also stability as opposed to volatility).
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 12:15:31 PM

bitlane's avatar says it all...

10+ ignores and proud of it
axus

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 01:53:13 PM

Will pirate lose the 5000 BTC bet if he doesn't meet the withdrawal request within 24 hours?
vampire

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 01:56:10 PM

Will pirate lose the 5000 BTC bet if he doesn't meet the withdrawal request within 24 hours?

No. He has no time limit in his TOS.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 06:23:23 PM

Pirate's shutting down, I figured something would happen this weekend with the sharp increase in price lately, then the announced rate cut. Guess he loses the bet now.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50822.msg605957#msg605957

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 06:33:47 PM

Pirate hasn't defaulted as long as he can pay back all deposits by next week as he stated.

unclescrooge
aka Raphy

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 06:38:24 PM

This will end with pirate closing his operations, everyone getting his coins back, and everyone feeling sorry for the lost opportunity.

Great, thanks everyone.

What a fucking joke.

Fuck everyone that spreads FUD. You could have made great profits while helping stabilising bitcoin price. Now back to scammers at 2% a week and great volatility that make bitcoin look like a laughing stocks.

Fuck you. At least now you'll look ridiculous, that's my only pleasure.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 06:40:50 PM

As I have always maintained, I have NOTHING to hide.

Over the course of 7 months, I made a total of 4 withdrawals, totaling 2165 BTC....with the largest being 1900 BTC (1900 + 140+ 100 + 25).
All 4 withdrawals were received at break-neck speeds after requesting them.

After 3+ hours of waiting and ZERO Communication to tell me otherwise, I had simply had enough.

I was then informed that My account was forcibly closed 5.5 hours after my initial withdrawal request and THIS is what it took to get what up to this point was THE STRAIGHTEST ANSWER THAT I HAVE EVER GOTTEN FROM PIRATE OVER THE PAST 7 MONTHS.

Did the price spike have me worried ? DAMN RIGHTS IT DID.

You're ridiculous. I mean, how fucking old are you? You're a joke, and everyone taking this to prove bst is a ponzi is a joke as well.

Glad Pirate closed your account. I just hope all this FUD doesn't lead him to close for good, because you will feel sorry aout the lost opportunity, and the stability that pirate brought to bitcoin price (yes, regular increase is also stability as opposed to volatility).

Just looking at the format of his posts (font size, font thickness, excessive capitalization) is actually enough to judge he's a joke isn't it?
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 07:15:21 PM

AGAIN...FOR THOSE WHO NEED IT SPELLED OUT.

IT WAS NEVER ABOUT THE DELAY. ONLY THE LACK OF COMMUNICATION DURING SAID DELAY.

This is NOT my fault. I only wanted 114 BTC out of over 2000 available. I NEVER PANICKED.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 07:22:36 PM

This is NOT my fault. I only wanted 114 BTC out of over 2000 available. I NEVER PANICKED.

He looks to have been planning this for a while, nobody actually thinks you have anything to do with it.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 07:24:12 PM

After a tiny 3 hour delay, you made yet another Pirate FUD thread about how awful it was that your ass wasn't being kissed fast enough.

OK fine, you didn't panic.  Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt was is full effect however.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 07:25:03 PM

Your ruined Bitcoin.  How could you?!   Tongue
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 07:35:44 PM

I ruined Bitcoin....

Herodes

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 07:43:09 PM

bitlane, did you get all your coins yet ?
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 07:59:52 PM

Monday....with Interest Payment as scheduled, which is what I was told when my account was closed forcibly yesterday.
I have no reason to believe otherwise at this point.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 08:55:18 PM

Monday....with Interest Payment as scheduled, which is what I was told when my account was closed forcibly yesterday.
I have no reason to believe otherwise at this point.

I hope you get all of your coins mate....

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: