Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 12:03:54 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: let's develop cryptocurrency economic theory  (Read 3123 times)
virtfund (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 03:19:54 AM

The cryptocurrency field needs more economic research done around it. So, I'm asking that people with economics experience help to create this field which can greatly improve the Cryptocurrency economy.

I'm currently working on a study of the Cryptocurrency  economy, I hope to have it complete by the end of the summer.
egajuarsa

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 06:18:12 PM

I am glad you start research. Will you write research paper?
virtfund (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 05:54:49 AM

I am glad you start research. Will you write research paper?

I plan on it.
V for Varoufakis

Activity: 261

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 07:52:42 AM

POW and POS are pyramids. If you want to develop a new cryptocurrency economic theory, start from there.
thaaanos

Activity: 370

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 11:03:27 AM

POW and POS are pyramids. If you want to develop a new cryptocurrency economic theory, start from there.
this!
alt19

Activity: 328

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 02:36:23 PM

Good idea and good luck! The work will be interesting.
Maybe these thoughts will bring a little https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=655461.0 
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 02:50:42 PM

The cryptocurrency field needs more economic research done around it. So, I'm asking that people with economics experience help to create this field which can greatly improve the Cryptocurrency economy.

I'm currently working on a study of the Cryptocurrency  economy, I hope to have it complete by the end of the summer.
Cryptocurrency field needs more research, I fully agree,  but it is impossible to conduct research without valid subjects. We need to have reference point. Bitcoin - the most advances and main cryptocurrency right now is in its infancy state, so I we can only guess what will happen in the future with it.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 05:59:17 PM

Cryptocurrency field needs more research, I fully agree,  but it is impossible to conduct research without valid subjects. We need to have reference point. Bitcoin - the most advances and main cryptocurrency right now is in its infancy state, so I we can only guess what will happen in the future with it.

There are lessons to be learnt as it's happening now, but you're right. Apart from a few noble people trying to develop closed loops and private individuals trading with each other, it's not really an economy at all at present. It's still a system for transmitting dollars.

Regardless of what happen to Bitcoin, it'll be something that's still talked about and analysed for a long, long time to come.
hazenyc

Activity: 668
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 12:16:02 AM

See here: http://ssrn.com/author=2372041
virtfund (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 03:32:50 AM

There are lessons to be learnt as it's happening now, but you're right. Apart from a few noble people trying to develop closed loops and private individuals trading with each other, it's not really an economy at all at present. It's still a system for transmitting dollars.

Regardless of what happen to Bitcoin, it'll be something that's still talked about and analysed for a long, long time to come.

I beg to differ. A small economy, definitely, but an economy nonetheless. I like to think of the bitcoin economy as a highly unstable , borederless economy with significantly more imports than exports.
scryptasicminer

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 04:02:13 AM

I'm currently working on a study of the Cryptocurrency  economy, I hope to have it complete by the end of the summer.

The currency might be "new", the market economic behind it is same old same old.
virtfund (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 04:34:59 AM

I'm currently working on a study of the Cryptocurrency  economy, I hope to have it complete by the end of the summer.

The currency might be "new", the market economic behind it is same old same old.

I would find it hard to believe that there is no difference between a borderless, completely voluntary economy and the national/global economies.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 10:26:40 AM

We shall not need dedicated economic theories. The main difference with fiat is in a controlled growth of the money supply.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
V for Varoufakis

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 12:29:49 PM

We need the economic theories. The money supply must grow and shrink with economic activity, allowing stable prices. The question is: How can we do that in cryptos?
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 12:42:23 PM

Economy theory is always politically related, so the first question is to answer if government allow the mass circulation of alternative currency? So far, most of the countries only allow their domestic currency to circulate, that also has something to do with tax collection

From this perspective, I think bitcoin will only work as a digital asset, serving specific purposes like saving and international transaction, so the demand is not driven by GDP or something in mainstream economics

johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 12:43:39 PM

We need the economic theories. The money supply must grow and shrink with economic activity, allowing stable prices. The question is: How can we do that in cryptos?

Money supply does not need to change, the price will change, people will adapt to changing prices with their own strategy

yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 01:50:22 PM

Money supply does not need to change, the price will change, people will adapt to changing prices with their own strategy

We don't need economic theory when things simply work in reality. Even less we need economic interventionism. And the very least we need a repetition of central bank interventionism based on economic theories already proven to be wrong in reality.

The very reason Bitcoin was invented was to challenge the current economic system that's based on a braindead economic doctrine that even a 5-year-old quickly identifies as unsustainable BS - unless he is an economist.

Economists may theorize ad infinitum. Meanwhile I use Bitcoin.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
JackRipper

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 03:35:02 PM

Economy theory is always politically related...

Very true. Before it was called "Economics", Economics was called "Political Economy"

V for Varoufakis

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 10:06:11 PM

You need to watch the documentary "The secret of Oz".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qIhDdST27g
GoingAround

Activity: 476
Merit: 252

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 03:29:59 AM

You dont know a thing about bitcoin if you think PoW is a pyramid scheme (ponzi scheme I suppose you're trying to say)

▄▄█████▄▄
▄█████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀

████          ████  ███████████▄▄                                
▀███▄        ▄███▀  █████████████▄                               
██    ▄███▄     ▄███▄      ▄███▄     ▄███▄   ████        ████            ▀████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████
██    ██ ██     ██ ██      ██ ██     ██ ██    ████      ████             ▄████   ██▀        ▀██   ██▀        
██   ██   ██   ██   ██    ██   ██   ██   ██   ▀███▄    ▄███▀    █████████████▀   ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██   ██   ██   ██   ██    ██   ██   ██   ██    ████    ████     ███████████▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██  ██     ██ ██     ██  ██     ██ ██     ██    ████  ████      ████   ████      ██▄        ▄██   ██▄        
██  ██     ▀███▀     ██  ██     ▀███▀     ██    ▀███▄▄███▀      ████    ████      ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████
████████       ████     ████                                
██████        ████      ████                                

WHITEPAPER    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
APPLY FOR CROWDSALE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    BITCOINTALK

Proud Sponsor of
Blockchain 360 at
London Tech Week
  ◢  FACEBOOK
◢  TWITTER
◢  TELEGRAM
◢  MEDIUM