Author Topic: Closed  (Read 904 times)
papamo (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 03:09:39 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2012, 05:07:33 PM by papamo

Hello,

Any help you can provide would be appreciated. I downloaded the bitcoin client, was sent a payment before all the blocks were finished downloading. The blocks were about 97% complete when all the sudden the client crashed and now every time I open it, it says "Bitcoin quit unexpectedly Click Reopen to open the application again. Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple." I will past the details of the error at the bottom of this message. I would just use a different wallet but I have a payment sent to the address associated with the BTC client. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and starting the computer in safe mode. If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated. Also I could move my wallet as a last resort but I have no idea how to do that either, if you have a good link on how to do it in Mac OS that would be cool too. Thanks again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 03:23:58 AM

it says "Bitcoin quit unexpectedly

Step 1.   Make sure you have a backup copy of your wallet.dat 

I don't know on Mac bu If you uninstalled and reinstalled hopefully you didn't end up with an empty wallet.dat.  If you have a backup from before the reinstall, don't delete it or overwrite it, just in case.

Could you post the last few dozen lines of your debug log?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

papamo (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 03:34:49 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2012, 05:07:55 PM by papamo

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I guess I never actually uninstalled just reinstalled. I had an older version of the bitcoin client installed already 3. something. I downloaded the new version Bitcoin QT so I had two separate bit coin clients. The new client had the correct address already imported so it must have been using the same wallet.dat file. Also the old client will not open and I tried to download earlier versions of the client and the same thing happens. Pasted below is the full details of the crash report. Thanks again.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 05:22:56 AM

Could you post the last few dozen lines of your debug.log?

The Apple crash didn't give much. 

The debug.log file will have more information.

At this point, there's no info about the the cause.  It could be networking/communications, blockchain database, or wallet database.  The debug.log will at least help narrow that down.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

papamo (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 06:04:39 AM

Hey Stephen,

Thanks. I just saved the wallet.dat file and uninstalled everything, reinstalled the newest client and seems to be working now. We will see downloading the blocks now. To replace the wallet all I have to do is replace the current wallet.dat file with the old one correct? Will I have to redownload the blocks history again once I do this? And if so how do I do this?
papamo (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 05:06:11 PM

Fixed Thank you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: