Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:09:59 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: For sale: 10g gold cube  (Read 5564 times)
EvBitcoinFan (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 04:57:58 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2015, 05:12:48 AM by EvBitcoinFan

I have 1 10g gold cube for sale from a great new company called Bitgold. Taking offers, will use a trusted escrow. If you would like to be escrow for this transaction please post here and message me.

markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 05:10:22 AM

Pics would be nice.

Purity of gold, .999?
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2347

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 05:10:45 AM

I don't think this would be a very safe transaction, even with the use of escrow. Even if a buyer was able to sufficiently detect if this is real gold or not (I would think that most people are not) then there is a very high chance there will be some kind of dispute that the escrow will need to mediate and physical goods are difficult to escrow when both of the parties are not reputable because it is very difficult to tell who is telling the truth and to evaluate how credible evidence that both parties present
EvBitcoinFan (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 05:19:36 AM

Pics would be nice.

Purity of gold, .999?

bitgold.com

10g gold cube not currently sold to the public yet. I am sure we could figure something out escrow wise being I am one of the few public owners of the 10g cubes.

EvBitcoinFan (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 05:20:32 AM

I don't think this would be a very safe transaction, even with the use of escrow. Even if a buyer was able to sufficiently detect if this is real gold or not (I would think that most people are not) then there is a very high chance there will be some kind of dispute that the escrow will need to mediate and physical goods are difficult to escrow when both of the parties are not reputable because it is very difficult to tell who is telling the truth and to evaluate how credible evidence that both parties present

What do you recommend then? I do feel like I am in a different situation as I own one of the only in circulation bitgold.com 10g cubes at the moment.

EvBitcoinFan (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 05:21:30 AM

Pics would be nice.

Purity of gold, .999?

Here's a link to bitgolds instagram showing the cubes also: https://instagram.com/p/y5m2z5HDeG/

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 05:24:36 AM

What do you recommend then? I do feel like I am in a different situation as I own one of the only in circulation bitgold.com 10g cubes at the moment.

I am not sure if places like ANACS are able to grade a gold cube, but if they are then getting it graded would help with making a sale more safe for both parties as the grading service would be able to verify what coin cube that is in their sealed holder, even if it gets a poor grade. Other options involve selling to a coin dealer and/or very highly trusted members of the forum who are trusted enough so that you would be willing to send the cube first for them to inspect and verify that it is intact what you claim it to be, and once verified they can pay you a previously agreed upon price.
EvBitcoinFan (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 05:31:58 AM

I am not sure if places like ANACS are able to grade a gold cube, but if they are then getting it graded would help with making a sale more safe for both parties as the grading service would be able to verify what coin cube that is in their sealed holder, even if it gets a poor grade. Other options involve selling to a coin dealer and/or very highly trusted members of the forum who are trusted enough so that you would be willing to send the cube first for them to inspect and verify that it is intact what you claim it to be, and once verified they can pay you a previously agreed upon price.

Bitgold can vouch for the gold cube for me as well. I can speak to any potential buyers via private message about that. The gold cubes are also going to be redeemable and have the ability to be stored with Bitgold.
EvBitcoinFan (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 05:41:17 AM

I may be open to sending first to a very trusted user if that is the case, but I think I would still like for the bitcoin to be transferred to a third party prior to me shipping.

EvBitcoinFan (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 05:42:45 AM

I also recommend anyone to take a look at the amazing features of Bitgold on their website: https://www.bitgold.com

Fantastic features available for those with Bitgold 10g and larger bullion.
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1072

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 06:13:57 AM

What are you looking to get for it?

EvBitcoinFan (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 06:16:33 AM

$380 and I will pay shipping.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 06:18:16 AM

Bitgold can vouch for the gold cube for me as well. I can speak to any potential buyers via private message about that. The gold cubes are also going to be redeemable and have the ability to be stored with Bitgold.
All that bit gold can potentially do is tell a potential buyer of yours that you did in fact buy gold from them. They have zero way of knowing for sure that what you send your buyer is in fact what was purchased from them.

I may be open to sending first to a very trusted user if that is the case, but I think I would still like for the bitcoin to be transferred to a third party prior to me shipping.

It should only be a very trusted party that you ship first to. Like I said if you use escrow, there is a very good chance for a dispute and more likely then not the escrow is not going to have enough information to make an informed decision as it is hard to tell what evidence is legit when dealing with physical goods

$380 and I will pay shipping.

You are selling for below the spot price (~1209 per once, ~$423 per 10 ounces). This is a huge red flag and only strengthens my above concerns
EvBitcoinFan (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 06:26:57 AM

Quickseller, my price is based on a few dollars off of the per gram price on bitgold.com

Comes out to $387.20 - not sure how $7 off is a big red flag?

Also the 10g cube was free given to me by Bitgold which I can also prove to the appropriate buyer.
EvBitcoinFan (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 06:30:39 AM

If there is a TRUSTED user who is interested and I can ship to first, I would also prefer a trusted user here who is also a moderate to active Twitter member.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 06:31:39 AM

Quickseller, my price is based on a few dollars off of the per gram price on bitgold.com

I am not sure why bit gold is willing to sell their gold for under spot Huh they must be a scam site if that is the case.

If you are willing to sell for a loss then it is equally suspicious as you might as well sell to a pawn shop/coin dealer and would probably get more then your asking price and those kinds of places have the expertise to detect fakes
EvBitcoinFan (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 06:33:40 AM

I am not sure why bit gold is willing to sell their gold for under spot Huh they must be a scam site if that is the case.

If you are willing to sell for a loss then it is equally suspicious as you might as well sell to a pawn shop/coin dealer and would probably get more then your asking price and those kinds of places have the expertise to detect fakes

They are not selling any gold Quicksilver publicly and they are not a scam. You cannot purchase any 10g gold cubes yet from Bitgold.

I want Bitcoin not the hassle of going to some pawn shop/coin dealer.

https://twitter.com/bitgoldinc
http://bitgold.com
https://instagram.com/bitgoldinc/
EvBitcoinFan (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 06:35:15 AM

And here you go as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0QMQwRx1q8

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 06:36:38 AM

They are not selling any gold Quicksilver publicly and they are not a scam. You cannot purchase any 10g gold cubes yet from Bitgold.

I would think that a coin dealer would probably be somewhat hassle free and that would be why they would offer somewhat low prices for your gold.

If they are not selling any 10g gold cubes, then IDK how they would possibly vouch for you.
EvBitcoinFan (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 06:38:54 AM

I would think that a coin dealer would probably be somewhat hassle free and that would be why they would offer somewhat low prices for your gold.

If they are not selling any 10g gold cubes, then IDK how they would possibly vouch for you.

I am a social media personality and have a bit of a promotional relationship with them. Regardless if anyone trusted wants to purchase this gold cube, let me know. I am featured on their Instagram and Twitter as well, which I can also prove to a qualified buyer.
Anyways, it is late here. I'll be back tomorrow and pop in.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: