Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:49:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: For sale: 10g gold cube  (Read 5564 times)
EvBitcoinFan (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 04:55:04 AM

Does anybody (beside OP) have any experience with bitgold.com?
Read the homepage, the concept is great, but for obvious reason is trust an issue if dealing with this company.

They are a start up. Maybe reach out to the multiple venture capital companies listed on their website homepage?

It sounds like there is a good possibility that you are a shill for bitgold. I am going to speculate that you don't hope that anyone buys from you, but rather you are hoping that people see your thread and decide to buy from bitgold and receive either nothing or a fake.

I think if you look at my post history you will realize I am not trying to advertise them. First of all there is nothing to advertise yet as they are just doing giveaways right now as they ramp up for a launch. I would just sell the gold cube to them if they were open for business right now.

If I don't find a buyer before they open up registration on bitgold.com then I will just redeem it with bitgold. It's either sell it now or see what happens in the next few weeks or so.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2339

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 04:57:56 AM

I see that their domain was registered in 2006 so I may be wrong on the shilling but it is still very dangerous to buy from an unknown site.

I hope you understand that there is a good reason for paranoia on here because of the large number of scam attempts often times them being very elaborate.
EvBitcoinFan (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 05:02:18 AM

I see that their domain was registered in 2006 so I may be wrong on the shilling but it is still very dangerous to buy from an unknown site.

I hope you understand that there is a good reason for paranoia on here because of the large number of scam attempts often times them being very elaborate.

Sorry I can't help. I won the 10g of gold and just want to sell it. I have actual gold bullion and have had so for a number of years and from my own non expert opinion, there isn't anything I have noticed unusual about this 10g of gold from any of my standard bullion pieces. They also have a very public presence around the world at conferences and venture capitalist backing. I totally understand we see a lot of Bitcoin scams, but my "scam radar" doesn't go off from bitgold and the legitimacy of this 10g gold piece.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2339

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 05:15:25 AM

If you won it then there is little reason to want to get rid of it efficiently so it would probably make sense for you to sell it for fiat and/or a coin dealer and then use that money to purchase Bitcoin via the currency exchange section - you may end up even getting more Bitcoin then if you sold it directly if you open a thread and can wait a day or two/three for a good deal.

The hassle would also be lower for you because you would not need to deal with shipping/packaging plus whoever you sell to will likely want to wait a good amount of time to either pay you or release escrow while they try to get the coin tested to make sure it is not any kind of fake.
EvBitcoinFan (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 06:12:50 AM

If you won it then there is little reason to want to get rid of it efficiently so it would probably make sense for you to sell it for fiat and/or a coin dealer and then use that money to purchase Bitcoin via the currency exchange section - you may end up even getting more Bitcoin then if you sold it directly if you open a thread and can wait a day or two/three for a good deal.

The hassle would also be lower for you because you would not need to deal with shipping/packaging plus whoever you sell to will likely want to wait a good amount of time to either pay you or release escrow while they try to get the coin tested to make sure it is not any kind of fake.

Thanks for the advice Quick! If someone is interested (well a Hero member did PM me interested in it) I will let it go. Other than that I will just wait to redeem it when the time comes as an available service by bitgold. That or turned into a piece of jewelry  Cheesy
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 07:44:37 AM

Thanks for the advice Quick! If someone is interested (well a Hero member did PM me interested in it) I will let it go. Other than that I will just wait to redeem it when the time comes as an available service by bitgold. That or turned into a piece of jewelry  Cheesy

Be careful, a hero member can be untrusted as well.
I have seen people trading hero accounts for prices well below your cube.
Remember to take trust rating and trade record into consideration.

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
fonenumba

Activity: 411
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 07:51:10 AM

Be careful, a hero member can be untrusted as well.
I have seen people trading hero accounts for prices well below your cube.
Remember to take trust rating and trade record into consideration.
Well the risk of getting scammed by a hero is somewhat mitigated by the fact that the OP will need to get the dox of whoever is buying from him as he needs a actual physical address to ship to. Although it would be advisable to only trade with someone with positive trust and with ah solid trading history as they will be less likely to try "anything"
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 10:36:33 AM

... If someone is interested (well a Hero member did PM me interested in it) I will let it go. Other than that I will just wait to redeem it when the time comes as an available service by bitgold. That or turned into a piece of jewelry  Cheesy

If you don't mind, can you just declare what are your expectations???
I mean, is this some kind of auction itself, and if yes, then what's the starting price???

BG4
Legendary

Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024

PaperSafe

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 03:51:22 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2015, 04:05:40 PM by BG4

http://www.techvibes.com/blog/bitgold-2015-03-14

This article , If im reading it correctly, says that the individual pieces of gold have a unique number.....

OP, does your cube have that number which they are talking about....Huh
fonenumba

Activity: 411
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 04:05:41 PM

... If someone is interested (well a Hero member did PM me interested in it) I will let it go. Other than that I will just wait to redeem it when the time comes as an available service by bitgold. That or turned into a piece of jewelry  Cheesy

I mean, is this some kind of auction itself, and if yes, then what's the starting price???
The OP is asking for $380 including shipping. This is under the spot price.
What are you looking to get for it?

$380 and I will pay shipping.
I have not personally heard of anyone selling gold/silver for below the spot price. Why wouldn't they just sell it for 'raw' gold for it to be melted down to be made into some other gold coin/bar/cube
BG4
Legendary

PaperSafe

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 04:50:43 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2015, 05:04:12 PM by BG4

... If someone is interested (well a Hero member did PM me interested in it) I will let it go. Other than that I will just wait to redeem it when the time comes as an available service by bitgold. That or turned into a piece of jewelry  Cheesy

The OP is asking for $380 including shipping. This is under the spot price.
What are you looking to get for it?

$380 and I will pay shipping.
I have not personally heard of anyone selling gold/silver for below the spot price. Why wouldn't they just sell it for 'raw' gold for it to be melted down to be made into some other gold coin/bar/cube
on it
also, it should have .9995 or 99.95% fine gold ...stamped on it....  So far,.. All I have seen is a very bad picture of 10g.....I would like to see better pictures of all 6 sides....I was reading up on the company ,..BitGold.... The concept reminds me of Norfed and the liberty dollar concept, Just digitlly updated with a crypto currency tie in....  This has all the making for something really BIG .....or something really bad...

Always take physical possession for your Gold and Silver.................And bitcoins privates keys......
TookDk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 04:51:41 PM

There was one resent case on the forum, where gold where sold below spot:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=964758.0

However the sale was rather controversial.

TookDk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 04:57:36 PM

--snip
This has all the making for something really BIG .....or something really bad...
--snip

Agreed to that, the company have exactly the kind of service I am looking for.
But trust essential, and I am taking no chances when it comes to gold.

snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 05:29:32 PM

I don't find it so crazy to believe he is selling this gold cube for under spot. He said his price was ~$7 less than the price BitGold has listed, which is not substantial, and is probably his way of giving a buyer some incentive to buy it from him rather than BitGold themselves. Also, the BitGold Instagram link he posted stated that they were giving away 1 cube free for each week in February. He probably got the cube from this free giveaway, therefore any sale is essentially profit for him. Also, if you are a long-term believer of Bitcoin, then you would consider BTC to be under-valued right now, or under "spot". So what may be a loss on a few dollars from the gold value could turn into substantial profits over time when converted into BTC. When buying Bitcoin today, almost always, you lose some money due to exchange fees. So if he loses a few bucks on the gold but ends up with an equal amount of BTC, the few dollars lost would probably be less than the fees he would lose money to buying that same amount of BTC anyways.

I'm not vouching for this gold cube, BitGold, or the user selling this. I have not done any research nor do I know enough information to make a confident decision. Anybody considering buying this should of course exercise ample amounts of due diligence and caution before making the purchase. I'm just stating that when someone sells precious metals for BTC for a few bucks under spot it isn't necessarily always a conspiracy or warning sign.

cyclops
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 07:02:10 PM

This, less hassle and easy money!
TookDk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 07:11:07 PM

I don't find it so crazy to believe he is selling this gold cube for under spot. He said his price was ~$7 less than the price BitGold has listed, which is not substantial, and is probably his way of giving a buyer some incentive to buy it from him rather than BitGold themselves. Also, the BitGold Instagram link he posted stated that they were giving away 1 cube free for each week in February. He probably got the cube from this free giveaway, therefore any sale is essentially profit for him. Also, if you are a long-term believer of Bitcoin, then you would consider BTC to be under-valued right now, or under "spot". So what may be a loss on a few dollars from the gold value could turn into substantial profits over time when converted into BTC. When buying Bitcoin today, almost always, you lose some money due to exchange fees. So if he loses a few bucks on the gold but ends up with an equal amount of BTC, the few dollars lost would probably be less than the fees he would lose money to buying that same amount of BTC anyways.

I'm not vouching for this gold cube, BitGold, or the user selling this. I have not done any research nor do I know enough information to make a confident decision. Anybody considering buying this should of course exercise ample amounts of due diligence and caution before making the purchase. I'm just stating that when someone sells precious metals for BTC for a few bucks under spot it isn't necessarily always a conspiracy or warning sign.

I agree with snarlpill and cyclops, I don't find it alarming to sell slightly under spot.
I sold some silver bullions here on the forum not too long ago, close to the price I could get at the local coin shop.
But I saved my self spending 2 hours going downtown and got bitcoin straight away and I traded with a user that I actually trust more than the local shop.

My concern here is mostly if BitGold is legit not so much OP.

EvBitcoinFan (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 11:21:04 PM

You hit it exactly. Anything is profit for me selling this. If I can't get enough, I'll just wait till Bitgold opens up their exchange.

I got an offer from a hero member, but don't know if its safe since the user has no trust, but is a hero member:

Quote from: EvBitcoinFan on Today at 04:35:18 AM
Quote from: HappyS on April 04, 2015, 08:05:19 PM
Price for 10g gold cube and shipping to russia?

I can do it for $395 shipped to Russia.

Pay after checking accepted?
Report To Admin
Haм нyжны бoтинки для гoльфa, инaчe мы oтcюдa нe выбepeмcя.
13H5Cu9ixeud7kiD52mDXrR7NWgc2PERdJ
EvBitcoinFan (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 11:24:31 PM

This article , If im reading it correctly, says that the individual pieces of gold have a unique number.....

10g stamped on one side and the bitgold logo stamped on another side.

I haven't been able to find anything strange or unusual about it's makeup, weight, etc. and I have owned gold bullion myself of different sizes from different mints over the years.
BG4
Legendary

PaperSafe

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 03:35:04 AM

https://www.bitgold.com/transparency

Legal Requirement for .9995 (99.95%) Pure Gold

Our Corporate By-Laws require that we must buy or sell assayed and stamped .9995 pure (99.95%) or better bullion-grade gold for the benefit of customers from an approved list of Refiners and Assayers whose gold meet the minimum specification set by the London Bullion Market Association ("LBMA") or New York Mercantile Exchange division Commodity Exchange, Inc. ("COMEX").

This is from bitgolds web site........

I find it strange that there is no stamp of purity....On the same cubes they want to sell.....based on this fact alone...I would not trust this cube as being pure ..... the cube doesnt even say the words GOLD on it or Au..... besides the words bitgold...

Quick story.... I tough my wife ever thing she knows about  gold and silver bouillon....But not ever thing I know,,, I never thought to explain the fake stuff and what to look out for......So she thought she was doing good and bought me two really cheap 1oz. bars of pure fine German silver.... end of story.....
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 08:38:19 AM

10g stamped on one side and the bitgold logo stamped on another side.

I haven't been able to find anything strange or unusual about it's makeup, weight, etc. and I have owned gold bullion myself of different sizes from different mints over the years.

Could you please post some more photos showing the other sides of the cube ideally with your username and date on a piece of paper.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: