Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 08:22:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is still in the year 2013. How do we get past it?  (Read 1373 times)
jehst (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

21 million. I want them all.

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 05:03:55 AM

2013:
- Largest exchanges getting "hacked" (Mtgox)
- Largest Bitcoin mining companies scamming users (BFL)
- Online black markets scamming users, losing money, and getting shut down (Silk Road)

2015:
-The largest exchanges are still getting hacked (Bitstamp, Bter)
-Largest Bitcoin mining companies scamming users (ASICMiner)
-Online black markets scamming users, losing money, and getting shut down in the same exact fucking way (SR 2, Evolution)

Still no multi-sig in use. Still no use of decentralized platforms like Mycelium Trader and Open Transactions. Is this still 2013? We're walking into the same wall over and over and we don't know how to get past it. Are we praying for Ben Lawsky's Bitlicense (which seems to be dragging on into eternity) to come save us? Are we waiting for Satoshi to come back and say "Guys, cloud mining is bullshit. What are you doing?" I look at coinmarketcap.com and there's a blatant scam (Paycoin) in the top 10.

How do we get past the year 2013?

Year 2021
Bitcoin Supply: ~90% mined
Supply Inflation: <1.8%
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 05:30:06 AM

Yes! Exactly my point. I have even started a threat about things slowing down a bit in the BTC economy. Not many new things are taking place, at least not on the surface.
I really hope this Wall Street involvement is going to speed up things.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 06:54:06 AM

2013:
- Online black markets scamming users, losing money, and getting shut down (Silk Road)

2015:
-Online black markets scamming users, losing money, and getting shut down in the same exact fucking way (SR 2, Evolution)

Still no multi-sig in use. Still no use of decentralized platforms like Mycelium Trader and Open Transactions. Is this still 2013? We're walking into the same wall over and over and we don't know how to get past it. Are we praying for Ben Lawsky's Bitlicense (which seems to be dragging on into eternity) to come save us? Are we waiting for Satoshi to come back and say "Guys, cloud mining is bullshit. What are you doing?" I look at coinmarketcap.com and there's a blatant scam (Paycoin) in the top 10.

The base is bigger now than in 2013. Mt Gox was the be all and end all in 2013 until it started to go badly wrong, whereas when Stamp shut temporarily, there was very little disruption to the market.  Unseen on this board, between 2013 and now bitcoin has been made far more Chinese, with those exchanges taking over.

Essentially main stream acceptance is the answer to your question. Like cash, bitcoin will always be used for dodgy dealings, but no one associates cash with scammers as it is ubiquitous, so those scams are a very small percentage of the total usage.
arlekyn13

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 12:56:13 PM

I'm also positive the volume of money invested in bitcoin start-ups has increased considerably. There are many moves that go unseen atm. If I'd take a wild guess, next year will be one of the best years for bitcoin so far.

1CmrswU7JYpi9WNC8EHWCV3aam1FJsW2Zu - to show appreciation for my work
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 12:59:28 PM

I think when all the speculation will end a lot of people will join the bitcoin world and the scammer, hacker will go away (this will mean that the value of bitcoin will drop). For the question about the exchanges, 2016-2017 will be the year when we will see a fully cryptocurrency (not fiat) decentralized exchange (with a new improvement).
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2015, 02:56:52 PM

Depends on how you perceive it to be different. If you look back at past history and trying to relate it negatively, yeah you could spot some similarities but at the same time, you will also find bitcoin has since moved ahead in several areas such as having higher number of bitcoin startups, there are now more businesses accepting bitcoin, the hash rate has gone up considerable and that is a stark difference compared to where it was in 2013. So again, that falls back to you.   

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 03:08:53 PM

nah i don't agree, bitcoin adoption is much better now, there are various merchant accepting it, and big name too, are using it as a currencie( newegg, dell ecc..) many other are coming(paypal , neteller)

2013 like 2014 was just a pump and dump , now we achieved a stable price(it's low yes, but at least it's stable), which was one of the thing people asked for
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 03:14:38 PM

nah i don't agree, bitcoin adoption is much better now, there are various merchant accepting it, and big name too, are using it as a currencie( newegg, dell ecc..) many other are coming(paypal , neteller)

2013 like 2014 was just a pump and dump , now we achieved a stable price(it's low yes, but at least it's stable), which was one of the thing people asked for

LMAO.. $303- $235 in the last 4 weeks.. LMAO.. Yeah BTC is stable!

Grin Cheesy Grin
Bytty

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 03:17:38 PM

When you put it in that way, apparently not much has changed...
abyrnes81

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 03:20:00 PM

Grin Cheesy Grin

Amph has right, if we compare 2014 with 2013 ... then the stabilization is more aggressive this years (also if we go to 200  dollars, it is always more stable then 2013-2014).

Stable = doesn't mean pump that coin.
arloseb

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 03:23:35 PM

I agree. We are inside a black hole without light.

I mean:
-In 2014 i bought bitcoin at 500 USD,talking about poeple to join bitcoin as the future,saying to them "hey,buy now or cry later". Everyone was blame me that bitcoin is only a speculative bubble and price will come back down to 300 usd instead growing slowly slowly.

I was so happy to have this secret called BITCOIN. You know...."hey,this time all of you are wrong,you will regret to not have bought tons of bitcoin at 500 usd. Just wait end of 2014 and i will laugh. all of you surely will buy bitcoin over 1k at beginning of 2015"

Wrong. I have lost.

Alll thoose people coming back to me after 1 years doing nothing,just bought less then me.

Bitcoin was the worst investment of 2014.

There is no difference for a early adopter of 2013(middle) or a newbie of april 2015.
Price is still the same. Who found bitcoin 2 years ago wasn't rewarded.

Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 03:51:26 PM

Grin Cheesy Grin

Amph has right, if we compare 2014 with 2013 ... then the stabilization is more aggressive this years (also if we go to 200  dollars, it is always more stable then 2013-2014).

Stable = doesn't mean pump that coin.

Amph is wrong. The price is not stable. You want to see a stable btc price?? Go to www.bitcoinwisdom.com select Bitstamp and view the chart on the 1w time interval. Im sure the stability will jump out at you!

After doing that I'd like to know if you still feel like we're at a stable price.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 05:40:43 PM

Grin Cheesy Grin

what you are talking about, bitcoin is at 230 now for 3 months(small swing like 230 --->290, don't count, they are just small pump for sucking fish money), not 4 weeks, have you seen the chart? are you following market data/price?

btw with stable i don't mean a price that is stuck there, little variations of price are impossible to prevent, they are fine, but the overall value it's stable in the end between 200-300, with 230-250 as a floor basically
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 07:05:39 PM

2013:

2015:

Lol we are way past 2013, do you even check the news?

asuryan180

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 07:22:29 PM

Grin Cheesy Grin

what you are talking about, bitcoin is at 230 now for 3 months(small swing like 230 --->290, don't count, they are just small pump for sucking fish money), not 4 weeks, have you seen the chart? are you following market data/price?

btw with stable i don't mean a price that is stuck there, little variations of price are impossible to prevent, they are fine, but the overall value it's stable in the end between 200-300, with 230-250 as a floor basically

Bitcoin is at 230 now for 3months? On my screen i am looking at 250 and have not seen 230 for weeks. They are not small swings lol  Cheesy

Oh and so you know you are talking to the best trader you will get to meet here he has traded and owns more coin in one trade than you will have over the rest of the time you are in Bitcoin pay attention to what he says and be smart and ask questions if you want to learn and he is good enough to help you, just saying.

Come on op those exchanges was nothing like gox, bter is not big and stamp paid back, point invalid. One was for 800k the other 7k  Tongue

Blackmarkets are always going to scam and get taken down from now until the end of bitcoin get used to it and take a trip to the press release section and realize we are far past 2013.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 07:39:02 PM

Any old prick can set up a website and start stealing. To build infrastructure that satisfies investors, financiers, employers and those who make the law, let alone a sceptical public, you're looking at years of patient graft and thousands of hurdles to jump.

It's gotten far on the back of infrastructure that was run by thieves and children. If it really wants to get rolling it has to satisfy more than a few crypto obsessives. What's available now, with a few honourable exceptions, is too complex or sketchy for most of the world.

It's coming together slowly but I think it'll be a top down deal. It'll have to be built before they will come.

needFREElunch

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Hi

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 08:02:17 PM

We get a company like amazon to accept bit coin and then market the crap out of it and actually get people to start using it my give I a discount a little less than the credit card rates, so people try it out and realize that it is the best way to pay and then continue to use it.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 08:05:53 PM

I'm also positive the volume of money invested in bitcoin start-ups has increased considerably. There are many moves that go unseen atm. If I'd take a wild guess, next year will be one of the best years for bitcoin so far.

As you say, there are way more indicators than only volume of exchanges and price. But OP forgot to look at this or just doesn't want to do so.

Bitcoin now is much further than it ever was. Especially if you look at the invested amounts in the start ups. Future looks very bright  Smiley
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 08:18:45 PM

Grin Cheesy Grin

LOL.. You're a fail.. 33% swings are not considered small in any venue on any asset nor are they considered stable!

You #Fail!
bigasic

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 10:06:50 PM

I think its going to take the next reward halving before we see a substantial increase. i, for one, cant wait for it, since I dont mine any more, lol....
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: