Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:59:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Data Recovery from hard disk  (Read 2781 times)
adv.kanishk (OP)

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 08:15:43 AM

HI Guys

I am posting this post for any software wizard who can help me recover data from a hard disk (1 TB) which was formatted, then 3 partition were created and then nearly 700GB data was copied on that hard disk. The data in that hard disk is of my sister wedding and I do need it. I have always tried to do my bit for this community and now seek help from any data recovery wizard to help me on this. The data recovery personnel needs to be placed in Delhi for me to handover the hard disk. Also, I can provide the photographer cards which have these pics but have been formatted and overwritten several times. Imbox me if you can help me out and I shall definately pay for the efforts, as well.

Regards
Kanishk Agarwal
Advocate
+91-9971666252
+91-9999966252

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rude Boy

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 03:18:25 PM

HI Guys

I am posting this post for any software wizard who can help me recover data from a hard disk (1 TB) which was formatted, then 3 partition were created and then nearly 700GB data was copied on that hard disk. The data in that hard disk is of my sister wedding and I do need it. I have always tried to do my bit for this community and now seek help from any data recovery wizard to help me on this. The data recovery personnel needs to be placed in Delhi for me to handover the hard disk. Also, I can provide the photographer cards which have these pics but have been formatted and overwritten several times. Imbox me if you can help me out and I shall definately pay for the efforts, as well.

Regards
Kanishk Agarwal
Advocate
+91-9971666252
+91-9999966252
Hello!
I'm not sure. But you may try icare data recovery software.  It has four methods of recovery.  For you, you may try all but except "lost partition recovery". Because this method is for recover RAW format disks.
Try to recover to another disk. Don't try to recover on the same disk.
For 1 TB it might take days to recover. But if you want to recover you should have to wait.
Simple software  but better recover. I'm using this for all my recover my data. That's why i'm recommending.

~Rude Boy
skang

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

from democracy to self-rule.

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 04:09:37 PM

Hey Kanishk try Nehru Place.

"India is the guru of the nations, the physician of the human soul in its profounder maladies; she is destined once more to remould the life of the world and restore the peace of the human spirit.
But Swaraj is the necessary condition of her work and before she can do the work, she must fulfil the condition."
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 02:36:54 AM

I hate to break it to you but the chances of recovering the entire 1 TB are almost zero.
It is still possible to recover 300 or so GB that was not overwritten.

But recovering data that has been overwritten is not within realms of public technology. Its possible that NSA/CIA could do this but even they could not recover 100%.

You can try various software (or get someone to do it) without writing anything more on the drive.
Then try the other suggestions.

Its tough but over time you will learn to accept the loss Cheesy

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
Rude Boy

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 03:14:04 AM

I hate to break it to you but the chances of recovering the entire 1 TB are almost zero.

But recovering data that has been overwritten is not within realms of public technology. Its possible that NSA/CIA could do this but even they could not recover 100%.

You can try various software (or get someone to do it) without writing anything more on the drive.

Actually you can recover even 1PB or more which fully formatted and overwritten by number of times but partially not 100%.
And i'd recovered about 300+GB of deleted/formatted/overwritten of my data from a single 2GB memory card. But the time to recover is more.. It was recovered more than half of datas that i've actually transferred to my memory (since i bought it).

Some files are broken, some files are recovered only partially, and so on.. Wink
adv.kanishk (OP)

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 06:49:47 AM

Thanx guys for your suggestions. Will surely try all or some of the methods.
Borisz

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 11:55:48 AM

Actually you can recover even 1PB or more which fully formatted and overwritten by number of times but partially not 100%.
And i'd recovered about 300+GB of deleted/formatted/overwritten of my data from a single 2GB memory card. But the time to recover is more.. It was recovered more than half of datas that i've actually transferred to my memory (since i bought it).

Some files are broken, some files are recovered only partially, and so on.. Wink

May I ask what kind of method or software were you using?
Rude Boy

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:30:19 PM

May I ask what kind of method or software were you using?

Yup! Sure... I'm using tune up, wise data recovery and recuva for deleted files recovering.
And i'm using "icare data recovery" software format and overwritten data recovery.
I'll do deep scan recovery and advanced recovery on icare data recovery software..
Icare is my only known best recovering software yet i've used/seen
Tecleo

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 08:46:33 AM

Hi Kanishk,

I have to agree with Amitabh. There is unfortunately no software (or other technology) available that can recover data that have been overwritten. It is like writing in the sand and then wiping over that area. You may be able to recover some data from the balance of the drive that wasn't overwritten.

All the best
pazor_true
Legendary

Activity: 1460
Merit: 1025

i love Emerald (EMD)

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 08:48:46 AM

try r-linux

BTC 12jiBjT2GSWYk2HwYdPqsQMuLqZ1br9D37 - i am Pazor
ScevolaDendera

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 07:33:10 PM

Stop saving/writing to that disk immediately to avoid further damages to the files yet to be recovered.

Try EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
Buy full version (i don't support piracy)

I use it. Works perfect. It can recover data even after formatting the drive.

&.. You are welcome. :p
xmaxbit

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 02:44:47 PM

First of all dont try to put something in your hard disk from now on and an attempt to recover your overwritten data will make you recover overwritten files and not the original ones . Formatted data may be recovered , give recuva a shot and maybe you will get your personal files back .
btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 02:04:38 AM

as per my experience if you have overwritten in that harddisk several time then their is zero chance , but their is only one chance is that we can do raw data recovery in this process the files will be written in
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 10:15:32 AM

Have you tried "Restore Previous Version" option ? Works on Windows 7 not sure about higher version.
Anyway this tutorial might help you http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yth1Loe99Oc

btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 07:47:42 PM

Have you tried "Restore Previous Version" option ? Works on Windows 7 not sure about higher version.
Anyway this tutorial might help you http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yth1Loe99Oc

the option restore previous version will only upload your old version of operating system only, but this guy have not only overwritten but he has also repartitioned the hard disk more than 3 times, and in my experience after this much problems it is impossible to recover the data from the hard disk.
Karthic1998

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 02:39:10 PM

Don’t use others suggestions it doesn’t recover full drive
Use gparted it’s the only way to get your drive back with all your files
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: