Netpyder (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Scam / Scammer Hunter

View Profile WWW
VPS
April 13, 2015, 06:14:38 PM

hello,

i am desperately trying to create my own coin.
my friend who FORTUNATELY understand linux says he might be able to do it,

we will need a VPS??

ok Virtual Private Server. yes i know the definition.

but can anyone help me understand WHY it is needed? and WHERE i can get it?

does it require some specifications?

lets take the easiest example, i want to create a SHA-256 coin.
what would be the requirements?

if i am in the wrong section, kindly move the thread please.

thank you to respond.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 10:48:20 PM

hello,

we will need a VPS??

thank you to respond.

If your friend understands Linux and says he can do it why don't you ask it about that too?
Yes, at least one VPS (or a dedicated server) is required to create a full node for your coin. Shared hosting doesn't allow you to install SW including the daemon.

I'd recommend you to grab a 2GB VPS, it may work with 1GB, nothing less than that.
There are several places where you can get a VPS like DigitalOcean, BitVPS, CoinsHost among others. Several users here in the forum offer it too.

If you're not close to being an expert on crypto-currencies and Linux I guess it would be difficult for you to offer a brand new feature in your coin. In that case I recommend you to reconsider creating a new coin. Your trust doesn't help either.

Netpyder (OP)

Scam / Scammer Hunter

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 11:28:47 PM

hello,

we will need a VPS??

thank you to respond.

If your friend understands Linux and says he can do it why don't you ask it about that too?
Yes, at least one VPS (or a dedicated server) is required to create a full node for your coin. Shared hosting doesn't allow you to install SW including the daemon.

I'd recommend you to grab a 2GB VPS, it may work with 1GB, nothing less than that.
There are several places where you can get a VPS like DigitalOcean, BitVPS, CoinsHost among others. Several users here in the forum offer it too.

If you're not close to being an expert on crypto-currencies and Linux I guess it would be difficult for you to offer a brand new feature in your coin. In that case I recommend you to reconsider creating a new coin. Your trust doesn't help either.

wasnt going to monetize it anyway. just having some fun knowing how to mine and stuff.
my own pride i should say.

as for my trust, it was red numbered. when the person look after all my post, he removed it and it left a neutral trust. and the reasons of my selling and buying are all explained.

but thank you very much for the help. at least now i know where to head to

Reynaldo
Legendary

Activity: 1143
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 12:10:26 AM

Yes, if its for fun you could start with development documentation from bitcoin so you could compile it by your self in the future.

Here it is:
https://bitcoin.org/en/developer-documentation
Netpyder (OP)

Scam / Scammer Hunter

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 12:15:03 AM

Yes, if its for fun you could start with development documentation from bitcoin so you could compile it by your self in the future.

Here it is:
https://bitcoin.org/en/developer-documentation

thanks very much mate  Grin

Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 05:40:14 AM

I can't answer your question, because I don't understand so much Lips sealed
I just interested to your Project, because I like all kind of new project that people made.
Please let me know when the coin was launch, and maybe the progress Wink
Maybe I can help you to promote your coin Grin

faucet used to be profitable
Netpyder (OP)

Scam / Scammer Hunter

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 02:08:18 PM

I just interested to your Project, because I like all kind of new project that people made.

that is very encouraging, thank you..
i want to re-create the FUN people had when using bitcoins earlier like 2009-2011
just using old miners and mine my coin.
i am not going to monetize it in any sorts.

i will rather create campaigns for fun. since i am a photographer, i would be giving away my works for some of my coins. just making it fun for everyone.

as far as i understood bitcoins, mining at home is not very productive anymore considering the level of difficulty it has reached.

i would be giving away some stuffs in the attic for some of my coins, just like having fun amongst everybody who wants to.

nothing about money nothing about making a price.

as i noticed, everybody or almost everybody on this forum now is just like rushing towards gold. when bitcoins at first was meant to be monetize but before the pizza story, techies used to have fun with bitcoins.

i want to re-create that.

i still need a lot of stuffs to gather, i am still in my learning phase.

but once its on, you can be sure i will notify you about it

GoingAround

Activity: 476
Merit: 252

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 02:31:08 PM

i want to re-create the FUN people had when using bitcoins earlier like 2009-2011

i will rather create campaigns for fun. since i am a photographer, i would be giving away my works for some of my coins. just making it fun for everyone.

as far as i understood bitcoins, mining at home is not very productive anymore considering the level of difficulty it has reached.

i would be giving away some stuffs in the attic for some of my coins, just like having fun amongst everybody who wants to.

as i noticed, everybody or almost everybody on this forum now is just like rushing towards gold. when bitcoins at first was meant to be monetize but before the pizza story, techies used to have fun with bitcoins.

If you make a coin without the cryptographic knowledge, you'll be vulnerable and people may even lose money because of a fun project. You should also consider algorithms like X11 X13 or X15 since sha256 will make your coin vulnerable to big miners or people holding massive ASICS made for bitcoin.

▄▄█████▄▄
▄█████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀

████          ████  ███████████▄▄                                
▀███▄        ▄███▀  █████████████▄                               
██    ▄███▄     ▄███▄      ▄███▄     ▄███▄   ████        ████            ▀████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████
██    ██ ██     ██ ██      ██ ██     ██ ██    ████      ████             ▄████   ██▀        ▀██   ██▀        
██   ██   ██   ██   ██    ██   ██   ██   ██   ▀███▄    ▄███▀    █████████████▀   ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██   ██   ██   ██   ██    ██   ██   ██   ██    ████    ████     ███████████▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██  ██     ██ ██     ██  ██     ██ ██     ██    ████  ████      ████   ████      ██▄        ▄██   ██▄        
██  ██     ▀███▀     ██  ██     ▀███▀     ██    ▀███▄▄███▀      ████    ████      ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████
████████       ████     ████                                
██████        ████      ████                                

WHITEPAPER    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
APPLY FOR CROWDSALE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    BITCOINTALK

Proud Sponsor of
Blockchain 360 at
London Tech Week
  ◢  FACEBOOK
◢  TWITTER
◢  TELEGRAM
◢  MEDIUM
Netpyder (OP)

Scam / Scammer Hunter

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 02:41:04 PM

If you make a coin without the cryptographic knowledge, you'll be vulnerable and people may even lose money because of a fun project. You should also consider algorithms like X11 X13 or X15 since sha256 will make your coin vulnerable to big miners or people holding massive ASICS made for bitcoin.

i was just looking into that few minutes ago. can you give me a brief about those algorithms?

and no i am not willing to let people lose money for fun project, if that happens i will just shut it down and self mine my coins for my fun.

i have another question, x11 x13 or x15 are they scrypt or not?

scrypt tends to be very disliked in the market, since people are releasing scrypt weekly if not daily.

i want to use the best algorithm, making everybody get a fair cut in the process.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 04:42:04 PM

i was just looking into that few minutes ago. can you give me a brief about those algorithms?

and no i am not willing to let people lose money for fun project, if that happens i will just shut it down and self mine my coins for my fun.

scrypt tends to be very disliked in the market, since people are releasing scrypt weekly if not daily.

i want to use the best algorithm, making everybody get a fair cut in the process.

there are users here that can make your life easy by making for you an altcoin in a few steps, you need just to pay

here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=466908.0, he seems trusted

those algo you mentioned(x11 x13 ecc...) are not scrypt they are different algo, and there are many more, like m7(another version of m7, slightly different, used by a coin called magi) then you have jackpotcoin algo, nest5 algo, quarkcoin algo, keccak, qbit algo ecc....
Netpyder (OP)

Scam / Scammer Hunter

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 05:46:26 PM

there are users here that can make your life easy by making for you an altcoin in a few steps, you need just to pay

those algo you mentioned(x11 x13 ecc...) are not scrypt they are different algo, and there are many more, like m7(another version of m7, slightly different, used by a coin called magi) then you have jackpotcoin algo, nest5 algo, quarkcoin algo, keccak, qbit algo ecc....

if i just get the coin already compiled and everything me and my friend will never learn anything.
from your point of view, which is the best algo for a coin on the long run?
something not very tough to mine, but something very stable

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 10:28:52 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2015, 07:02:44 PM by Amph

if i just get the coin already compiled and everything me and my friend will never learn anything.
from your point of view, which is the best algo for a coin on the long run?
something not very tough to mine, but something very stable

if you want to build it yourself, then there are many guides on the web

just a few

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=225690.0

http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=scrypt_altcoin_cloning_guide (this for scrypt,but it should not be so different with other algo)

best algo...mmh it depends, they seems to offer overall the same thing , the most important thing is how they work, if they are pos/pow/pob/poi ecc...but in the end the best algo for me is the one that it is changed everytime , so asic can't mine it

also there are many that are born each day or each week, what i can say is to stay away from XX algo for now, because apparently asic are coming for those
drakoin

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

see my profile

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 10:43:44 AM

I wrote a very detailed manual how to do your first steps in a digitalocean VPS:

short: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=460178.msg10513565#msg10513565
long: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=460178.msg7169529#msg7169529

I suggest once you have the VPS, at first try installing MUEwallet, and MUEminer
(- also documented in the same thread.) Because then you will see how it works
with another coin, and you can then adapt that to your own coin.

May it help you!
:-)

P.S.: If you go through my link to digiocean www.tiny.cc/digocean,
you probably get a 10$ welcome bonus, worth 2 months of the smallet droplet.

no sign of a signature
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: