Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:20:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quality writer or University English grad/student needed (must enjoy marijuana)  (Read 624 times)
Joint Force (OP)

Activity: 804
Merit: 500

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2015, 05:51:54 PM

The 420 Alliance Joint Force: Op. #STORE1:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=967364
is looking for someone to help write press releases and come up with talking points for interviews.

This project is 100% transparent. 10% of the ICO will go to sales. This means that your position falls into sales. Once the ICO is over, people involved in the sales are compensated with BTC. This will all be recorded for the public to view.

The most import things are you must love writing, BTC, and marijuana. We need to keep things cheap and community driven. I would like to find someone who wants to do 6 BTC worth of work for only 3 BTC to support the idea.

We already have a graphic artist and social media person involved who are willing to get paid but also do extra work to support the idea. I will be working for even less to support the cause.

Private message me if you want to be involved.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 11:24:53 PM

Your plan is interesting, and the emerging marijuana sector is a good fit for crypto, but I am a little unclear as to certain parts of the plan... namely, I don't see the purpose of introducing the alt pot-coin (marijuana-coin?) into the equation. It seems extraneous to me, BTC itself would be sufficient, and logically, by filtering your transactions through your private alt-coin, it appears that it is a move to pump the price of yet another alt. Also, it takes too much trust away from the end user and requires them to grant this trust to you. In a perfect world, this would be no problem, but we don't live in a perfect world. If disaster should befall your business (godess forbid) participants would be left holding private pot-coins that could very well crash in value overnight.

I like how you guys are thinking, its a neat idea, and I would like to see it work out. I'm in Victoria BC and we are having a miniature version of the marijuana boom you are having in Van-groovy, so this could really work if done impeccably, so, please, correct me if I have the system you propose incorrect, meaning... why add the extra alt-coin into the mix?

I am actually interested in this, I will PM you.  Smiley
Joint Force (OP)

Activity: 804
Merit: 500

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 07:57:36 AM

Your plan is interesting, and the emerging marijuana sector is a good fit for crypto, but I am a little unclear as to certain parts of the plan... namely, I don't see the purpose of introducing the alt pot-coin (marijuana-coin?) into the equation. It seems extraneous to me, BTC itself would be sufficient, and logically, by filtering your transactions through your private alt-coin, it appears that it is a move to pump the price of yet another alt. Also, it takes too much trust away from the end user and requires them to grant this trust to you. In a perfect world, this would be no problem, but we don't live in a perfect world. If disaster should befall your business (godess forbid) participants would be left holding private pot-coins that could very well crash in value overnight.

I like how you guys are thinking, its a neat idea, and I would like to see it work out. I'm in Victoria BC and we are having a miniature version of the marijuana boom you are having in Van-groovy, so this could really work if done impeccably, so, please, correct me if I have the system you propose incorrect, meaning... why add the extra alt-coin into the mix?

I am actually interested in this, I will PM you.  Smiley

The 420 Alliance Joint Force is not a new coin. This idea is not adding any new alts to the mix. It's true that there will be a new coin created... but it will never be traded. It will be used to send all of the marijuana crypto coins collected at the store to the participants who gave BTC. The store will be accepting marijuana niche coins meaning POT, CANN, DOPE, THC, WeTk, CCN, STV, Bonger and a few others that I can't remember right now.

This idea might be possible with BTC only but the marijuana coins together create a huge community which can support this idea. The store will help users learn to use cryptocoins, so buying BTC at an ATM will be the first step they have to learn. BTC will benefit from this store.

This idea is sort of an experiment. It's going to stress test the marijuana coins. Someone of the coins might break, others might survive. Maybe all of them will break Sad. Some marijuana coins have PoS. It will be interesting to see if that can be secure. PoS could reduce the PoW energy wasting.

I hope this doesn't create a pump n dump. I can't really control that though. Even BTC did a pump n dump from $1200 to $160. It's early on in crypto. Prices are crazy volatile.

What I hope happens from this idea is that crypto jobs can be created. I want people to start working 8 hours a week for crypto. If this idea works then I could see many other coins successfully doing similar things. I really like the ideas of "DAOs". I think DAOs are the future and traditional companies are not going to be able to compete.

DAOs get rid of "the boss", "the CEO", "the owner" and "this big shot investor". The DAO makes decisions and can remove these over paid positions.

gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 04:40:13 AM

so... I am still unclear...

The various alt. coins (POT, CANN, DOPE, THC, WeTk, CCN, STV, Bonger, etc.) are given to customers as a loyalty bonus for shopping with BTC? Like a Canadian Tire Money type reward points, but customer is rewarded for using BTC?

or are the various alt.coins purchased at the store?

I see you are selling vapes and pipes n stuff, that's easy, I am unclear on how the transactions work. as far as I can tell you plan to accept cash at par, but if I purchase using BTC you reward me with a kickback of marijuana related cryptos? If that is the case, its a great idea. But I'm still confused. Can you ELI5? your charts and diagrams don't help me any. sorry...

Also... shouldn't you really try and focus on selling "medical" marijuana? I just got back from L.A. and they have these chains of medical marijuana dispensaries. I didn't catch the name, but they are everywhere, and all have the same signage. a green circle with a white cross. they can get you approved and carded in under forty minutes, or so their store-fronts advertize. its all franchised. They have "barkers" right out in the street trying to lure you in. You can get one (1) joint for $2!!!! Amaze! Someone down there in California has their shit together.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: