Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 07:35:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-04-04] CS - BitcoinTalk’s User WoodCollector Hid 5,000 Btc  (Read 2731 times)
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 2347

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 01:11:29 PM

According to everyone who is a child on this forum

I AM WOODCOLLECTOR

So let me put the issue to bed, The treasure is fake and not worth your time. You can all move on now and stop filling this forum with usless garbage.

Thank you

I think this was pretty obvious lol. I am not sure why anyone would believe your claims that 5,000 btc was hidden somewhere, let alone someone who claims to be a journalist.

To the author of this article- you should seriously consider getting into a new line of work.
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 01:15:29 PM

To the author of this article- you should seriously consider getting into a new line of work.

For what it's worth, the linked site is one of those "pay for an article" type websites, like CoinDesk. The "article" probably didn't cost WC more than 25 bucks.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 01:32:04 PM

For what it's worth, the linked site is one of those "pay for an article" type websites, like CoinDesk. The "article" probably didn't cost WC more than 25 bucks.
If that is true then my statement still holds true. If you are going to attach your name to something like what was published then you need to verify what you are writing regardless if he is getting paid for it or not.
gio3442

Activity: 179
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 01:34:05 PM

Someone wrote an article already? Gosh...

Is there any proof of this reward's existence?
abyrnes81

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 01:36:07 PM

If that is true then my statement still holds true. If you are going to attach your name to something like what was published then you need to verify what you are writing regardless if he is getting paid for it or not.

If someone needs money they will posts also "crap" if he will receive money, so I am not amazed that the owner of that site posted the article (also for only 25 bucks).

Can you read at least 4-5 posts before write your own post?

I AM WOODCOLLECTOR

So let me put the issue to bed, The treasure is fake and not worth your time. You can all move on now and stop filling this forum with usless garbage.

Thank you

gio3442

Activity: 179
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 01:38:18 PM

He said according to everyone who is a child... I think he's making fun of us. Maybe you're the one that can't read or understand what's going on.  Tongue
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 01:39:30 PM

If the fake story will not die, maybe a rich BTC owner will hide 5,000 actual Bitcoins to make the story much more fun?  Grin

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 01:50:25 PM

If someone needs money they will posts also "crap" if he will receive money, so I am not amazed that the owner of that site posted the article (also for only 25 bucks).

well I would think that they would have at least a small amount of journalistic integrity. The author is going to have a hard time ever being taken seriously after these kinds of articles
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 02:06:06 PM

well I would think that they would have at least a small amount of journalistic integrity. The author is going to have a hard time ever being taken seriously after these kinds of articles

Huh

It's an "advertorial" website. There is no journalistic integrity. The author is not a journalist. The author will never be taken seriously.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 02:21:49 PM

Huh

It's an "advertorial" website. There is no journalistic integrity. The author is not a journalist. The author will never be taken seriously.

She describes herself on her Instagram as a "full-time daydreamer", an excellent qualification for a Bitcoin 'journalist'.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 02:27:33 PM

Huh

http://www.stbmedia.com/coinspeaker/advertise/ shows that the only options to advertise on that site is via banner ads. Their careers section says that candidates need experience in "news writing"

I think they are just made up of a bunch of amateur wannabe journalists who have no idea what they are doing, similar to most of the other people that write news about Bitcoin.

I wouldn't be surprised if WC contacted the author outside of the site to pay her to write the article.
Krang

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 03:26:49 PM

I think they are just made up of a bunch of amateur wannabe journalists who have no idea what they are doing, similar to most of the other people that write news about Bitcoin.

Ha. I think you're probably right. Most of them just post any old crap to get some hits.

I wouldn't be surprised if WC contacted the author outside of the site to pay her to write the article.

Probably didn't pay but might have contacted them with the thread and since they're desperate they'll write up anything.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 05:26:08 PM

Be wary of anything involving WoodCollector, he doesn't have the best reputation on Bitcointalk, small news sites like these tend to post up articles to get exposure without necessarily checking out their sources.

Was about to call hoax, but you went and summed it up
He-he still keeps that Dildo close

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 05:26:43 PM

Huh

She describes herself on her Instagram as a "full-time daydreamer", an excellent qualification for a Bitcoin 'journalist'.

Excellent investigative work! Have you personally considered becoming a genuine Bitcoin journalist?  Cheesy

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 05:37:08 PM

I AM WOODCOLLECTOR

Thank you

Actually thinking about it maybe we need a subsection for cryto based news and mainstream news
Kind of a sore point to see articles like this posted in the press section.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Stuff4Bitcoin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 07:56:07 PM

You people are amusing.......... Pathetic for sure, but still amusing.

I have already said that i am WC and that the treasure is fake and you are all still having a debate about it.

Priceless
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 07:58:54 PM

You people are amusing.......... Pathetic for sure, but still amusing.

I have already said that i am WC and that the treasure is fake and you are all still having a debate about it.

Priceless
lol. You admit that looking for your "treasure" is a waste of time but looking for your alts is entertaining as is trying to win the contest of who can troll harder
Stuff4Bitcoin

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 10:24:47 PM

lol. You admit that looking for your "treasure" is a waste of time but looking for your alts is entertaining as is trying to win the contest of who can troll harder

I admit that looking for treasure is a waste of time yes. If looking for "my alts" entertains you then i'm glad. By the time you fools are done everyone on this forum is going to be an alt of woodcollector. Sorry an alt of me.

Those with brains have already figured out that i am only claiming to be wood collector to A: put an end to the debate about this fake treasure, and B: Make you all look like idiots. Both of which it seems i have done.

There are a few key elements that all you idiots seem to miss on a regular basis.

1: If i was wood collector and the treasure was a scam then i forgot to somehow make a profit from this scam.

2: see #1, unless of course i was also ukcrypto in which case i was trying to make a profit on the last two coins i had at a huge markup

3: No matter if the treasure was real or fake the only persons who stand to profit from it are the coin owners. The coins of which i have none of.

4: If the treasure is fake, i'm not sure what the point of it all was. Wood Collector stands no chance of making a penny of profit off it.

So, if you want to carry on with this game. You kids need to explain a few things first otherwise we can all carry on in the mind set that you are just children out for a troll.

1: If the treasure is fake, how does wood collector stand to gain or profit from it?

2: If i am wood collector, how do i myself stand to gain or profit from it?

3: when you cannot answer #'s 1&2. With wood collector gone and not selling his stuff here any more how does anyone stand to profit from anything involving wood collector?

4: If any of the accounts you accuse of being wood collector are really his alts, why has bad bear not posted any proof? He has been called out over 100 times on his B.S. "probable alt" crap and never once shown proof? He has to either be a liar and a fraud, or just plain dumb.

These are legit questions. You can continue to troll all you would like, its your right. But until these questions are answered with more than just speculation or some b.s. line about grammar we will just continue to write you all off as children out for a troll.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 11:23:31 PM

I admit that looking for treasure is a waste of time yes. If looking for "my alts" entertains you then i'm glad. By the time you fools are done everyone on this forum is going to be an alt of woodcollector. Sorry an alt of me.
LOL probably.
Those with brains have already figured out that i am only claiming to be wood collector to A: put an end to the debate about this fake treasure, and B: Make you all look like idiots. Both of which it seems i have done.

There are a few key elements that all you idiots seem to miss on a regular basis.

1: If i was wood collector and the treasure was a scam then i forgot to somehow make a profit from this scam.
I honestly have not been following the WC threads as of recently, however I have heard a few things about their content. I cannot speak for the others, however I think you are probably are more trying to troll then trying to scam. Although in theory it could be part of an elaborate scam, I can't say for sure either way.
2: see #1, unless of course i was also ukcrypto in which case i was trying to make a profit on the last two coins i had at a huge markup
I don't think you are ukcrypto - I do think you are close to him though and he potentially was willing to share his profits with you (again assuming you were in fact trying to scam and not just troll).
3: No matter if the treasure was real or fake the only persons who stand to profit from it are the coin owners. The coins of which i have none of.
I believe that a portion of the 10 coins that you were going to sell for the year were unsold as of when your fraud was uncovered. I would not be 100% surprised if the last of your sales after your scam was discovered were faked and were actually sold to yourself. If this was the case then you could either allow your friend to sell at a high premium (and possibly take a portion of the markup), or you could later sell one of the coins that you sold to yourself at a high markup.
4: If the treasure is fake, i'm not sure what the point of it all was. Wood Collector stands no chance of making a penny of profit off it.
Like I said above, I think you were most likely just trolling. I seriously doubt that anyone actually believed that you hid 5,000 BTC someone for your customers to find - well maybe no one except one moron.

So, if you want to carry on with this game. You kids need to explain a few things first otherwise we can all carry on in the mind set that you are just children out for a troll.

1: If the treasure is fake, how does wood collector stand to gain or profit from it?

2: If i am wood collector, how do i myself stand to gain or profit from it?
I think you are more likely to be trolling. Besides my theories above, I would say a more likely explanation is that you wanted to use this as a distraction to pull off a scam somewhere else in the forum without a lot of people asking questions.
3: when you cannot answer #'s 1&2. With wood collector gone and not selling his stuff here any more how does anyone stand to profit from anything involving wood collector?
I think I did a pretty good job answering 1 and 2
4: If any of the accounts you accuse of being wood collector are really his alts, why has bad bear not posted any proof? He has been called out over 100 times on his B.S. "probable alt" crap and never once shown proof? He has to either be a liar and a fraud, or just plain dumb.
He does not give his evidence because it would reveal what methods he uses to determine that you are in fact WC. If he were to do that then you (and other scammers) would be able to more easily avoid detection in the future to pull off scams. BadBear is on my trust list and I trust what he says - I am going to say with a good amount of certainty that he is not wrong. Not only that but you have admitted to him being correct so him giving evidence is a moot point
Stuff4Bitcoin

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 01:24:31 AM

Instert blather here.

Ok mate, i got it.

TL;DR

This whole wood collector saga is about 6 guys who want attention and spend 8-12 hours a day strapped behind a computer.

Oh and Bad Bear is still a liar and a fraud.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: