Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:20:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The next 24 days are critical  (Read 3552 times)
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 08:29:57 PM

Double digits is really possible only if all the whales ever just said fuck bitcoin.

But I doubt that will ever happen, the most I see the price reduction would being in the 100ish going back to 3 years ago price range.
Natalia_AnatolioPAMM

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 09:10:33 PM

I wish for $10 - $15 but that will not happen.

definitely won't.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 09:48:55 PM

Double digits is really possible only if all the whales ever just said fuck bitcoin.

But I doubt that will ever happen, the most I see the price reduction would being in the 100ish going back to 3 years ago price range.
There is always a bigger whale with an agenda to keep Bitcoin alive (like the Winklevoss brothers) so it would go as low as they want, only to push the price back up quickly.
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 09:50:21 PM

definitely won't.

I never understand people who wish (near) single digits. Do you realize that if we had those you would start wishing for even lower prices? Such prices would shock so many people that no one would dare to buy in.

So, let's say it drops down to 15$ and you buy in big time. But wait, then it drops even more down to 1$. You have now lost 93% of your investment. Still a good idea to buy in at 15$?

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 09:56:36 PM

definitely won't.

I never understand people who wish (near) single digits. Do you realize that if we had those you would start wishing for even lower prices? Such prices would shock so many people that no one would dare to buy in.

So, let's say it drops down to 15$ and you buy in big time. But wait, then it drops even more down to 1$. You have now lost 93% of your investment. Still a good idea to buy in at 15$?

Great comment Hyena
ensurance982

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 09:57:11 PM

definitely won't.

It's easy, actually... We're in a 15 months+ downtrend now, that means out current momentum is pretty pretty strong. In order to achieve a trend-reversal, we need to have some serious bull action over quite some time. That's difficult to achieve. Shorters don't care for prices going up - they profit from falling prices just as well. And if the price continues to go down, they make more money. If the downtrend never stops, they never stop making money!

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
Natalia_AnatolioPAMM

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 09:37:02 PM

definitely won't.

nope, it case it gets 10-15$ muuuuuch more people would be involved in btc in general. that's how it can get spread worldwide. it would be accessible, easy to use and popular
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:37:40 AM

definitely won't.

nope, it case it gets 10-15$ muuuuuch more people would be involved in btc in general. that's how it can get spread worldwide. it would be accessible, easy to use and popular

If the price does indeed drop to $10, I think it's rather safe to say that something has gone awfully wrong with our beloved coin. In that case I wouldn't really want to bet on it managing to get up again, to be honest... There just are prices that are indicative of things having gone wrong in a way that there's no coming back, I believe...

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
Natalia_AnatolioPAMM

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 06:22:07 PM

definitely won't.

If the price does indeed drop to $10, I think it's rather safe to say that something has gone awfully wrong with our beloved coin. In that case I wouldn't really want to bet on it managing to get up again, to be honest... There just are prices that are indicative of things having gone wrong in a way that there's no coming back, I believe...

anyway, hope that it will never turn 10$. And I hope if it does, you won't be right Smiley
bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 07:39:18 PM

definitely won't.

It's easy, actually... We're in a 15 months+ downtrend now, that means out current momentum is pretty pretty strong. In order to achieve a trend-reversal, we need to have some serious bull action over quite some time. That's difficult to achieve. Shorters don't care for prices going up - they profit from falling prices just as well. And if the price continues to go down, they make more money. If the downtrend never stops, they never stop making money!

The bear market actually sets up the bull market by altering the forces of supply and demand so severely that, at some point, there is almost no selling left to stand in the way of higher prices. This is how a bull market begins, with a high-volume selling climax that shakes most of the selling out, signaling to pro traders and big money that a potential bottom is in. They go into accumulation mode, keeping the price within a certain range, making money on the swings and pulling any additional supply from weak hands. If the price holds in this range long enough, it's a signal that no new supply will likely enter to force prices lower, and that higher prices can be achieved.

Once a bull market actually begins, the price is so undervalued that it goes up easily once the brakes are removed and even a little demand is simulated. Time it with some good news and it's off to the races.

Think of it like a valuable baseball card or any other sort of collectible. When many people hold it, suddenly it is not so rare and the price will go down. Conversely if very few people hold it, the price will go up even if demand remains the same. The same laws apply to any stock or commodity. It's just that making money in markets is a big business and there is much more at stake, so you often see bad news on selling climaxes, encouraging holders to let go. Why do you think there are so many trolls here? If you were trying to buy real estate at bargain-basement prices prices to sell later, you would be focusing on bad news in hopes to drive the price down, not good news. When you are selling, that's when you unleash all the good news, so you can sell at higher prices.
krb91

Activity: 254
Merit: 10

Streamies Rocks!!!!

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 09:14:40 PM

definitely won't.

anyway, hope that it will never turn 10$. And I hope if it does, you won't be right Smiley

Same here, but I cannot think of any other scenario than its finished if it ever goes back to $10

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 12:25:21 AM

definitely won't.

The bear market actually sets up the bull market by altering the forces of supply and demand so severely that, at some point, there is almost no selling left to stand in the way of higher prices. This is how a bull market begins, with a high-volume selling climax that shakes most of the selling out, signaling to pro traders and big money that a potential bottom is in. They go into accumulation mode, keeping the price within a certain range, making money on the swings and pulling any additional supply from weak hands. If the price holds in this range long enough, it's a signal that no new supply will likely enter to force prices lower, and that higher prices can be achieved.

Once a bull market actually begins, the price is so undervalued that it goes up easily once the brakes are removed and even a little demand is simulated. Time it with some good news and it's off to the races.

Think of it like a valuable baseball card or any other sort of collectible. When many people hold it, suddenly it is not so rare and the price will go down. Conversely if very few people hold it, the price will go up even if demand remains the same. The same laws apply to any stock or commodity. It's just that making money in markets is a big business and there is much more at stake, so you often see bad news on selling climaxes, encouraging holders to let go. Why do you think there are so many trolls here? If you were trying to buy real estate at bargain-basement prices prices to sell later, you would be focusing on bad news in hopes to drive the price down, not good news. When you are selling, that's when you unleash all the good news, so you can sell at higher prices.

A very apt explanation! I believe this is also the reason we don't see that much "institutional money" right now - the smart people with big pockets full of FIAT wait and see for the bull market to be confirmed, until they go and buy. The same goes for good traders and bears who are only bears because it's more profitable in the respective market situation.

Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 04:31:51 AM

The next 120 hours are critical.
Enjorlas

Activity: 788
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 05:02:11 AM

The next 22 minutes are critical.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 07:22:09 AM

definitely won't.

Same here, but I cannot think of any other scenario than its finished if it ever goes back to $10

it won't and it must not go back to 10, because the network will die easily, no miner can sustain his work at that price, means 51% and other attack will occur, means double spend, means the death of bitcoin...

stop dreaming about single digit or something, current price is awesome to buy...expecting even cheaper coins is being too greedy....
ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 01:09:50 PM

it won't and it must not go back to 10, because the network will die easily, no miner can sustain his work at that price, means 51% and other attack will occur, means double spend, means the death of bitcoin...

stop dreaming about single digit or something, current price is awesome to buy...expecting even cheaper coins is being too greedy....

Yeah, well, double spends could occur, but it definitely isn't a given. You could only perform a double spend in that case if you really wanted to destroy Bitcoin. If you wanted to still profit from it, you better not attack its foundation. A 51% percent attack asttacks your own stake, as well.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 03:26:13 PM

Yeah, well, double spends could occur, but it definitely isn't a given. You could only perform a double spend in that case if you really wanted to destroy Bitcoin. If you wanted to still profit from it, you better not attack its foundation. A 51% percent attack asttacks your own stake, as well.

there are criminals that could take advantage of the network fragility if the miner will stop to work, and for them the only profit is to double spend, they have nothing to lose...
Natalia_AnatolioPAMM

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 04:53:44 PM

definitely won't.

we'll see!
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 05:09:40 PM

Agreed. Double digits may be possible but I don't think we'll ever see sub $50 ever again.
When we were 0.0001 USD back in the day, no one thought 1 USD was believable, we hit 1k.
When we hit 1K, no one thought sub 500 USD was ever a possibility again, we hit sub 200's..
Conclusion: We may go double figures during this correction, and we WILL hit 10K in the following years. Mass up.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: