Bitcoin Forum
September 04, 2024, 10:15:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you guys be interested in an open source automatic escrow ?  (Read 1800 times)
SirLolicon

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Sound Engineer for Hire

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 01:52:09 PM

This would be great. But what would happen if the system crashed?

gogodr (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 02:05:08 PM

This would be great. But what would happen if the system crashed?
if Implemented correctly, it shouldn't.
As with any information solution. Depending on the sensitivity of the service you might need a high reliability platform.
This involves not only a robust fail safe software but also backup hardware.

----------
If an IT service fails and loses information. It is mostly negligence.
coinpr0n

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 05:46:17 PM

You could make the generation of multisig addresses automatically but I'd think you would still need at least 3 parties involved.

jxm262

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 12:48:54 AM

@gogodr (I'll ping you on slack about this) and all the rest who might still be reading this...

I understand that the hard part is going to be the disputes.
Still I believe that if it can't all can be automated, at least I can provide part of it automated.

How about a free system(free as in the fee is a miner's fee for the trades) That can handle disputes. Once a dispute is called, a trusted user can mediate the dispute requesting information to both parties.

The way to get a trusted user is to offer the service,I would have to get a couple of escrows interested in the platform and they could mediate the disputes for a fee.

I think this is the best and potentially only route we can take.  I'd be more than willing to help build an automated system which gives a super super simple platform for escrow parties to charge a fee for their services.  Something that can be standardized (same docs for all users, etc..), easily accessible, and easy to implement by the escrow individuals & exchanges  (perhaps we build out a large SaaS type service?).  

The 2 / 3 multisig seems to be the way to go, I think where us devs come in is facilitating this process to be as streamlined and "easy" as possible.  At the same time, there's nothing from stopping us on embarking on a commercial type side of it too.  Perhaps we could focus some efforts on reaching out to the different escrow servicers, exchanges, blogs, etc.. and let them know of our service.  A super easy product that we provide for a small (incredibly nominal i'm talking) fee.  

We could even open source the entire platform, and only charge (my entrepreneur side talking) for some easy to use web-portal or advertising.  I mean there's a million ways to go with this.   But yeah, I do think this fits the requirements for what the coinbase hackathon is looking for.  

-J  
https://github.com/jxm262  
nodeslackers.io
jxm262

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 01:02:01 AM

Anyway, I think we need to research the old ClearCoin service (maybe reach out to the old dev once we collect our thoughts a bit more).  Basically , just restart his old service and see what we can do to keep it something sustainable. 

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=21659.40 

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: