Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 12:13:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-04-04] Skift: Turning Airline Miles Into Bitcoin?  (Read 681 times)
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 06:34:25 AM

Another proof that the acceptability is growing day by day.  Grin

http://skift.com/2015/04/03/turning-airline-miles-into-bitcoin-its-possible-as-alternative-currencies-edge-ahead/

Bitcoin For Miles, a business unit of Bitcoin Brands Inc., proposes that travelers convert unwanted miles, and other reward points, into bitcoin in what the company describes as a “fast, discreet and now even more private” transaction.
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 06:25:54 PM

Another proof that the acceptability is growing day by day.  Grin

http://skift.com/2015/04/03/turning-airline-miles-into-bitcoin-its-possible-as-alternative-currencies-edge-ahead/

Bitcoin For Miles, a business unit of Bitcoin Brands Inc., proposes that travelers convert unwanted miles, and other reward points, into bitcoin in what the company describes as a “fast, discreet and now even more private” transaction.

skift.com is a nice clean looking site, you are invited to be an PICISI sponsor.

bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 04:19:46 AM

There's no doubt that bitcoin community is growing by the day, but there are confusion among the existing users. So this kind of movement should put some believe into those hopeless people that Bitcoin does have the power to rise.

Armis

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 04:42:30 AM

There's no doubt that bitcoin community is growing by the day, but there are confusion among the existing users. So this kind of movement should put some believe into those hopeless people that Bitcoin does have the power to rise.

uhmm, I doubt it ...

in my eyes it seems the bitcoin community has decreased dramatically, not just in market cap value, but also in trade volume, community size, community participation, and many other ways.    The most fundamental reason prices are low across the board is because there is more supply than demand. 

I'm seeing many CC businesses open and close in the blink of an eye.  Also, the "real investor" pool is evaporating.

I wonder what your reference is?

bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 09:48:29 AM

uhmm, I doubt it ...

in my eyes it seems the bitcoin community has decreased dramatically, not just in market cap value, but also in trade volume, community size, community participation, and many other ways.    The most fundamental reason prices are low across the board is because there is more supply than demand. 

I don't think that in absolute numbers, Bitcoiner population has decreased. A lot of users have lost their interest in Bitcoin and can be branded as "dormant users" right now. But I hope that this phenomenon is a temporary one.
Armis

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 10:42:17 AM

uhmm, I doubt it ...

I don't think that in absolute numbers, Bitcoiner population has decreased. A lot of users have lost their interest in Bitcoin and can be branded as "dormant users" right now. But I hope that this phenomenon is a temporary one.

You used the term "dormant" which by definition means not growing.  But I can't let you off the hook even with that because the numbers have actually gone south, in real terms. 

Activity at BCT is at a relative crawl compared to previous years however membership enrollment is going up, clearly a few people are getting loads of memberships with the hopes of selling them.  The con games, the schemes, the ponzi, PND, etc ... has injured the CC industry ... the BTC tumble over 80% of 2014 is the proof.    All of that nonsense has driven lots of meaningful interest away.

Take a look at the stats at Alexa.com what you will see is negative growth -- shrinking
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: