Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:23:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015] Need some advice on what exchanges are good (and safe)...  (Read 1224 times)
tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1426

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 07:04:15 AM

It's 2015.  Can you give me which of the exchanges a bitcoiner should be using these days?  I am thinking Bitfinex since it has good volume.  But I would like to hear your opinions on the others like Bitstamp and BTC-E.

Thanks....

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
ShetKid

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 07:09:45 AM

I would suggest sticking with bitstamp, as they added multi sig in the past few months. The only other exchange I would trust is Kraken, as its registered in the US as well.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 07:35:01 AM

kraken all the way, never been hacked, good volume fast sepa(8 hours), no fees basically(for withdrawal)

bitfinex is also good, you can take a look at coinimal, it seems a good exchange, and they don't hold your money, your bitcoin are converted directly and go to your bank account/debit card
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 07:43:43 AM

When it comes to volume, I would say Kraken is there. The customer support seems to be great with quick response time. The fees are also reasonable as higher volume will mean lesser fees. And the fact which I liked the most is that it is based in US.

WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 07:44:09 AM

It's 2015.  Can you give me which of the exchanges a bitcoiner should be using these days?  I am thinking Bitfinex since it has good volume.  But I would like to hear your opinions on the others like Bitstamp and BTC-E.

Thanks....

I like bitfinex due to being able to talk with staff very easy, they dont hide and the site has made constant improvements.  I would also trust kraken due to their set up but havent had much experience with them.
Phbaby

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

©

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 07:51:37 AM

Minerals
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 09:17:52 AM

Bitstamp and Kraken.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 09:24:19 AM

Minerals

to be clear: that is a joke.

-----------

stay at bitstamp, coinbase, kraken, circle and you are fine. but dont store all your coins on an exchange.

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 10:08:59 AM

i was using bitstamp but not anymore. i am now only using kraken as my exchange of choice.
it's fast and provides a btc/eur trading pair.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 05:26:04 PM

BTC-e is one of the oldest and most trusted exchanges. The added advantage is that they will never share information with government agencies in the US or Western Europe, which minimizes the risk of government persecution. Another plus point is that their security is so strong, that they were never hacked.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 05:38:34 PM

kraken all the way, never been hacked, good volume fast sepa(8 hours), no fees basically(for withdrawal)

bitfinex is also good, you can take a look at coinimal, it seems a good exchange, and they don't hold your money, your bitcoin are converted directly and go to your bank account/debit card
That's a bad argument actually. Nothing is hack-proof. I'm hoping that it doesn't come to that but one can't really know.
The real question is how much do they keep in their hot wallet and can they survive a hack?

I'm definitely recommending Bitstamp here. I'm been using it for almost 2 years and have never had trouble with them. After all they survived a hack, did they not?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 06:29:04 PM

That's a bad argument actually. Nothing is hack-proof. I'm hoping that it doesn't come to that but one can't really know.

Nothing is hack-proof. But the risk can be reduced if adequate precautions are taken.

I'm definitely recommending Bitstamp here. I'm been using it for almost 2 years and have never had trouble with them. After all they survived a hack, did they not?

Bitstamp is known for colluding with government agencies. If you are a registered user with Bitstamp, then all your transactions and details will be available to the various government agencies.
dhimasnk

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 10:00:45 PM

I think BTC-e is a great exchanger for trading. Security is very good and BTC-e have a very good service for the MT4 trading

BUY LOW/SELL HIGH
24/7 TRADING BOT  GUNBOT  THE AUTOMATIC PROFIT GENERATOR FOR POLONIEX
LIMITED EDITION NOW AVAILABLE FOR KRAKEN AND BITTREX  My bitcoin address: 37xyZGoqmkeTTatsWcnFJS4iL4xdE4Cuia + wex.nz codes at Peermarketer@gmail.com
Jybrael

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 10:08:58 PM

My personal opinion would have to be BTC-E...I think its a great exchange and I have rarely had any problems with it. They also have a very good service for MT4 Trading...so BTC-E
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 10:14:40 PM

My personal opinion would have to be BTC-E...I think its a great exchange and I have rarely had any problems with it. They also have a very good service for MT4 Trading...so BTC-E

It's well proven but the stories about non support when you have a problem and the monstrous fees if fiat's involved tend to turn me off.
IDKwhatimdoing

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 10:20:55 PM

Coinbase and Kraken sound good. BTC-e is a bit wierd; but trustworthy so far.

Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 10:21:33 PM

BTC-e is one of the oldest and most trusted exchanges. The added advantage is that they will never share information with government agencies in the US or Western Europe, which minimizes the risk of government persecution. Another plus point is that their security is so strong, that they were never hacked.

There is zero actual evidence of any of that, it's all based on supposition, along the lines of "BTC-e is run by shady Russians out of a Bulgarian shell company" etc etc. They could easily go the same way as Liberty Reserve, and seeing as Bulgaria is an EU member, it'd likely be an easier shutdown. So you're risking a one-off "...and it's gone" event using an exchange with that sort of profile

Coinbase is safe but I use circle but I don't day trade just buy and send out, but I do have to trust them since information is on file.

Coinbase and Circle are safe in a way that you may not enjoy. They'll "protect" you from doing things that you don't want protection from, like sending money from your account to another address. You can still do that with Coinbase/Circle right now. Don't count on that being permanent with these people, if anyone starts enforcing an address validation scheme, it'll be these two exchanges.

Vires in numeris
Xiaoxiao
Legendary

Activity: 1274

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 11:11:52 PM

Is bitfinex regulated? They must be right?
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 12:35:44 AM

Is bitfinex regulated? They must be right?

Hong Kong based, so probably fairly loosely regulated

Vires in numeris
fox19891989

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:17:25 AM

BTC-E, many deposit and withdraw ways, the most popular exchange but the fees are high.

For US citizens, coinbase should be best? I am not sure, just saying.

For Chinese, use huobi btcchina and okcoin, fast payment but fee is a little high, btc38 is also good, but the volume is too little.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: