Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:21:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 21 million Bitcoin  (Read 2540 times)
GreydonIselmoe

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Credits [CRE] - Community Manager

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 08:12:16 PM

i can't undertood.

What is dependent bitcoin increase ?

limited supply, interest of people/adoption, luck with various news, there isn't a general rule, but supply and adoption are the most important(45% both i would say, 10% for the rest)

much people that will have, will increase bitcoin price ?>

I think what he's trying to say is, does more users/adopters mean the price will go up.

And the answer is most likely yes.

████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
████████████████  C R E D I T S - [C R E]  ███████████████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 03:22:29 PM

I think OP was asking in a "what if" scenario .... even though he will not be there when it happens...  Wink

The price will most probably increase, if there are still people using it and mining it, but at the rate technology improve, we predict that Bitcoin would not be in use, because it would be replaced with a much better technology.

So in theory... 21 million Bitcoins can be mined, but I would bet against that ever happening.  Wink

There'll be some nostalgic computer scientist who mines the final dust from the original blockchain on their toilet or fingernail computer.

Once enough money is poured in, 'good enough' is a powerful incentive to keep things as they are. It's not a myspace/facebook where you can skip to the new technology with a couple of clicks and lose nothing.

Perhaps bitcoin will slowly morph as the years go by with the original token on the chain being fully transferable to a fresher incarnation.

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 03:50:07 PM

soon
no, though that might depend on your definition of soon Tongue

will become 21 million .
No, but close enough for most purposes.  In fact, if we're putting block 2,100,000 as being close enough (~20979500 BTC supply and already past the knee of the controlled supply), that's still not estimated to be somewhere between the years 2040 and 2050.

Keep in mind that only shows a current view on a slightly misleading scale.  See the full scale:
https://blockchain.info/charts/total-bitcoins?timespan=all&showDataPoints=false&daysAverageString=1&show_header=true&scale=0&address=
Notice the corner at around 10,000,000?  That's where the reward was halved.  Reward halving is why the first 10M took 'only' ~4 years, while the next 10M will take ~14 years.  You're basically looking at only the green part of this curve:

Lol, there is always THAT GUY that has to explain how there isn't exactly 21 million coins going to be generated in total Smiley
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 04:31:07 PM

Hey, I'm happy to be that guy Grin

You can check the wiki for my thoughts on this - I use '21 million' myself most of the time anyway because I can't be bothered to look it up/remember.
But when there's a technical discussion, might as well get technical. The discussion was originally about 'what happens if', and I only came in when the year in which that would happen became a subject.  And as the ensuing discussion shows, it doesn't hurt to educate Smiley

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 04:35:46 PM

Hi gusy  Wink

What will happens when will create 21 million bitcoin ?

will start bitcoin price increase ?

Eho's gusy?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
ensurance982

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 06:50:08 PM

Hey, I'm happy to be that guy Grin

You can check the wiki for my thoughts on this - I use '21 million' myself most of the time anyway because I can't be bothered to look it up/remember.
But when there's a technical discussion, might as well get technical. The discussion was originally about 'what happens if', and I only came in when the year in which that would happen became a subject.  And as the ensuing discussion shows, it doesn't hurt to educate Smiley

Haven't people found out that there used to be a bug that would restart the block reward at 50 BTC again, after all coins have been mined? That would've been funny Cheesy

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: