Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:07:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Armory 0.93.1-beta upgrade > failing rebuild/rescan. EDIT: debug log included  (Read 1021 times)
mulga (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 09:13:01 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2015, 04:09:11 AM by mulga

Hi everyone,
I'm having problems with Armory giving repeated scan/build errors, and showing incorrect balances and after recent upgrade.

--------------------------
-ERROR - 1428217001: (BDM_mainthread.cpp:429) BDM thread failed: The scanning process interrupted unexpectedly, Armory will now shutdown. If the error persists, you will have to rebuild and rescan your database. If rebuilding and rescaning did not fix the issue, contact support. Refer to your log file for more details on the error.
--------------------------

I've had this error twice now; i tried a rebuild and rescan as suggested, but unfortunately the error persists, hence asking for some support here. Debug log seems normal from my (limited) experience and will provide on request.
Ubuntu 14.04 / Bitcoin 0.9.3-linux / Armory 0.93.1-b (latest)

Any suggestions/ideas at all would be great.
Thanks

Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 03:20:24 PM

Anything to indicate that bitcoin core has a missing block in it's DB? 

Vires in numeris
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1347

Armory Developer

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 07:13:16 PM

logs

mulga (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 03:24:57 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2015, 03:53:26 AM by mulga

Hey,
Carlton Banks: There does seems to be numerous cases of block headers referring to missing hashs. (see log below)

goatpig: armorycpplog.txt uploaded to a Pastebin-style site below:
https://cryptobin.org/35e230q5 pwd = mulga! (will burn after 1 week)

/home/**renamed**/.armory/armorycpplog.txt

Just let me know if you need additional log files, and thanks again for taking the time to go through this with this me.

Cheers.        

EDIT: Wtf? BCT keeps flagging my link as suspicious!? looking into it now...      

.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 03:53:48 PM

Time to delete and re-sync bitcoin database then. Keep a backup of a good copy of the bitcoin blockchain, especially if your internet connection has a poor rate.

Vires in numeris
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 05:50:07 PM

Code:
-ERROR - 1428149860: (BlockWriteBatcher.cpp:977) No block in DB at height 344058

One of the last file in your raw blk data is missing a block. You should download the bootstrap torrent manually, let another instance of Core sync with it and rebuild&rescan Armory off of that. That will probably fix your issue and you can get rid of the old Core files + Armory DB.

And yeah you should be backing up a copy of Core's raw files.

mulga (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 02:12:29 AM

OK, just to clarify i understand you.

Firstly download bootstrap.dat torrent > Then I’m not completely sure i understand this, 'use another instance of core to sync?' Do you mean using ./bitcoin-qt for example? And then allow Armory to rebuild/scan after after removing the broken blockchain dir data from Armory.

Thanks
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 04:18:25 AM

OK, just to clarify i understand you.

Firstly download bootstrap.dat torrent > Then I’m not completely sure i understand this, 'use another instance of core to sync?' Do you mean using ./bitcoin-qt for example? And then allow Armory to rebuild/scan after after removing the broken blockchain dir data from Armory.

Thanks

I mean use a custom -datadir to sync that bootstrap off of another folder (instead of the default Core folder). I prefer people to have the old data and the fresh data available in case the bootstrap wasn't enough to defuse the issue. Gives me some room to poke around the problem.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: