Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:31:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ISIS destroys Syrian Church on Easter Sunday  (Read 3788 times)
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 10:34:51 AM

Another interesting article about of what is happened:

According to Syrian state news agency SANA, the 80-year-old St Mary's Church in Tel Nasri - an Assyrian village in an area where Christian and Kurdish militia have been fighting Isis - has been destroyed by the jihadist group. The report did not reveal if there were any causalities. It is suggested that the Isis operation on Easter Sunday was aimed at eliminating the Christian and Kurdish militia groups. The Church of Our Lady Mary, built in 1934, was one of Syria's oldest churches.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/syria-isis-booby-traps-ancient-al-hasakah-church-kill-assyrian-fighters-easter-sunday-628245

They are mainly targeting days like Easter and New Year for their attacks. It's just inhuman that they destroyed a church just because they disregard other religions. Fortunately this time, no human life was harmed.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 12:17:10 PM

They kill humans without any remorse. Do you really think they will care about buildings and stuff if they don't even care about humans.

They have destroyed hundreds of Shia Muslim shrines and mosques, in addition to Christian churches and Yazidi temples. But this is nothing when compared to the hundreds of thousands of innocent people who were butchered by them.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 01:16:12 PM

Seems to be a quite pointless action. Calculated savagery is often part of the arsenal of conquering armies to shock their enemies but this one will piss of people instead of shock them into submission. 
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 01:49:03 PM

They kill humans without any remorse. Do you really think they will care about buildings and stuff if they don't even care about humans.

They have destroyed hundreds of Shia Muslim shrines and mosques, in addition to Christian churches and Yazidi temples. But this is nothing when compared to the hundreds of thousands of innocent people who were butchered by them.

The amazing thing here, that these ISIS members are claiming themselves "muslims" but kill also muslims, christians etc... This is the really strange thing that I cannot understand.

Seems to be a quite pointless action. Calculated savagery is often part of the arsenal of conquering armies to shock their enemies but this one will piss of people instead of shock them into submission. 

That's obvious, what is the purpose to destroy a Church? I think there isn't any valid reason for destroy an antique and important Church.
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 02:41:18 PM

The fact that ISIL/ISIS slipped under the radar of this incompetent US regime is amazing given the amount of money spent for that exact purpose. Where is the accountability in all this with the NSA, CIA, defense intelligence? Heads should roll (not ISIS style) but you know what I mean.

Maybe a (stupid) question that come into my mind (and I don't find any real possible valid answer) is: Who is real supporting (with money) those terrorist groups? Someone said "Saudi Arabia" and the other near countries.... but I don't think they aren't the unique countries.

Maybe someone of you have a valid theory, please share it (it would be an interesting debate).
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 03:02:12 PM

What are you talking about, after all Islam is religion of peace, if you want to check latest new about love and peace Islam is bringin upon  our world this website can open your eyes: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 05:02:26 PM

The amazing thing here, that these ISIS members are claiming themselves "muslims" but kill also muslims, christians etc... This is the really strange thing that I cannot understand.

For the ISIS, any person who do not agree with their radical ideology is an apostate. For them, non-Muslims like Yazidis are devil worshipers and subhumans. Shiites are apostates, as they give too much importance to people and idols (i.e shrines).
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 04:46:41 AM

ISIS tell they are following Islamic rules but it is a blatant and obvious lie.

That's obvious, what is the purpose to destroy a Church? I think there isn't any valid reason for destroy an antique and important Church.

Your statement itself answers your question. They want to spread violence. By destroying an old and important Chruch and that too on Easter Sunday, most people will try to wage a war against them. I think that's what they want. CMIIW.

What are you talking about, after all Islam is religion of peace, if you want to check latest new about love and peace Islam is bringin upon  our world this website can open your eyes: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

FYI: That website twists some things a lot. I know as I am a Muslim, you either won't care what I say and rely on it or will tell I am lying unless you are a "truth seeker".

P.S. ISIS should be destroyed no matter what. However, a bloodless victory will be great. There are many innocents living in there. Whether "bloodless" refer to innocents only or to all is yet to be discussed.

redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 05:20:10 AM

ISIS tell they are following Islamic rules but it is a blatant and obvious lie.

Your statement itself answers your question. They want to spread violence. By destroying an old and important Chruch and that too on Easter Sunday, most people will try to wage a war against them. I think that's what they want. CMIIW.

What are you talking about, after all Islam is religion of peace, if you want to check latest new about love and peace Islam is bringin upon  our world this website can open your eyes: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

FYI: That website twists some things a lot. I know as I am a Muslim, you either won't care what I say and rely on it or will tell I am lying unless you are a "truth seeker".

P.S. ISIS should be destroyed no matter what. However, a bloodless victory will be great. There are many innocents living in there. Whether "bloodless" refer to innocents only or to all is yet to be discussed.

I asked an explicit question because I would like to receive an explicit answer from a lot of users here in the community, because the mass media - newspaper - internet - people are saying (each if them) a different thing. In these ultimate 5-10 years it was very difficult to know the truth about something and I've seen lot of people say : all the Muslim are like ISIS, so all the Muslims are terrorist" now ISIS members aren't Muslims (and finally I'm secure of what I'm saying).
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 05:27:06 AM

Maybe a (stupid) question that come into my mind (and I don't find any real possible valid answer) is: Who is real supporting (with money) those terrorist groups? Someone said "Saudi Arabia" and the other near countries.... but I don't think they aren't the unique countries.

Maybe someone of you have a valid theory, please share it (it would be an interesting debate).

Crude oil, drugs, taxes, etc.  Smiley

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2964028/oil-drugs-internet-ISIS-funded.html

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 07:14:14 AM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2964028/oil-drugs-internet-ISIS-funded.html

Ransom payments also comprise a large part of their earnings. A few months ago, the Spanish government paid around €8 million to free two of their citizens. The ISIS makes tens of millions of USD every month in the form of ransom payments.
pattu1

Activity: 675
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 10:00:42 AM

Ransom payments also comprise a large part of their earnings. A few months ago, the Spanish government paid around €8 million to free two of their citizens. The ISIS makes tens of millions of USD every month in the form of ransom payments.

Saudi oil money percolates to all things Islamic.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iraq/11140860/Qatar-and-Saudi-Arabia-have-ignited-time-bomb-by-funding-global-spread-of-radical-Islam.html

The two Gulf states have spent billions of dollars on promoting a militant and proselytising interpretation of their faith derived from Abdul Wahhab, an eighteenth century scholar, and based on the Salaf, or the original followers of the Prophet.
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 10:07:55 AM

Saudi oil money percolates to all things Islamic.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iraq/11140860/Qatar-and-Saudi-Arabia-have-ignited-time-bomb-by-funding-global-spread-of-radical-Islam.html

The two Gulf states have spent billions of dollars on promoting a militant and proselytising interpretation of their faith derived from Abdul Wahhab, an eighteenth century scholar, and based on the Salaf, or the original followers of the Prophet.

Scholar? They might be talking about "scholar in terrorism" not "scholar in Islam", right? And being a salafi doesn't mean he/she is original follower of Prophet, Salafi only means that he/she died within first four hundred years after Prophet's death. Wahhabism has many contradictions to Islam.

P.S. Is killing innocent people includinf muslims Islamic? I am pretty sure it isn't.

pattu1

Activity: 675
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 10:13:25 AM

Scholar? They might be talking about "scholar in terrorism" not "scholar in Islam", right? And being a salafi doesn't mean he/she is original follower of Prophet, Salafi only means that he/she died within first four hundred years after Prophet's death. Wahhabism has many contradictions to Islam.

P.S. Is killing innocent people including muslims Islamic? I am pretty sure it isn't.

The "including muslims" part really isn't necessary, is it?
shogdite

Activity: 798

LIR Dev. www.letitride.io

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 10:21:21 AM

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/03/envoy-car-mosque-destroyed-war-150318072200714.html

Almost all of the 436 mosques in the Central African Republic have been destroyed by months of vicious fighting between Christians and Muslims, the US ambassador to the United Nations said.
Samantha Power spoke to reporters on Tuesday after a Security Council visit last week to the country, calling the devastation "kind of crazy, chilling".

417 of the country's mosques have been destroyed. She visited the one remaining Muslim neighbourhood in the capital, Bangui, and described the residents as "a terrified population". Some Muslim women, afraid of leaving the community while wearing their veils, are choosing to give birth in their homes instead of hospitals.

I hope there are Christians here ready to denounce their religion for such widespread violence....

Slighty off-topic but relevant, I'd think we'd be better off we destroyed all forms of religion then we wouldn't have so many excuses for violence.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 10:26:31 AM

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/03/envoy-car-mosque-destroyed-war-150318072200714.html

Almost all of the 436 mosques in the Central African Republic have been destroyed by months of vicious fighting between Christians and Muslims, the US ambassador to the United Nations said.
Samantha Power spoke to reporters on Tuesday after a Security Council visit last week to the country, calling the devastation "kind of crazy, chilling".

417 of the country's mosques have been destroyed. She visited the one remaining Muslim neighbourhood in the capital, Bangui, and described the residents as "a terrified population". Some Muslim women, afraid of leaving the community while wearing their veils, are choosing to give birth in their homes instead of hospitals.

I hope there are Christians here ready to denounce their religion for such widespread violence....

Slighty off-topic but relevant, I'd think we'd be better off we destroyed all forms of religion then we wouldn't have so many excuses for violence.

It is not the problem of Religion itself, but a problem with the misunderstanding of the religion about few (maybe more than few) people. It is normal that each religion in the past wanted "prevale"  (teach) to the others but now I think everyone should  'read' the religions in this actual period of time (because have passed few thousand of years).
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 11:07:10 AM

Thought I would post here:

Muslim, Book 041, Number 6948:
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: By Him, in Whose hand is my life, the world would not come to an end until a person would pass by a grave, would roll over it and express the desire that he should be in the place of the occupant of that grave not because of religious reasons but because of this calamity.

Muslim, Book 041, Number 6949:
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: By Him in Whose Hand is my life, a time would come when the murderer would not know why he has committed the murder, and the victim would not know why he has been killed.

^^^ Both is true when we compare to these times, people's killings without reason.

P.S. Is killing innocent people including muslims Islamic? I am pretty sure it isn't.

The "including muslims" part really isn't necessary, is it?

As I am a muslim, if I didn't include it, others will twist or go for discussion about it. So a clear statement was made.

Okurkabinladin

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 09:53:46 AM

Can we all just agree, that those demented bastards are just criminals? This is not about politics (otherwise, west wouldnt supply ISIS with weapons), not about religion (toughest foes of ISIS are Kurds), its about old male testosteron and mental disorders. Western converts, that flock to ISIS are virtual definition of angry young males and underachivers. Hilariously enough, Scandinavians see them as "victims of violence" and want to give them care and state help. I´d say burn them all. There is fine line, that should you cross it, would deprive you any second chance. God will judge you and you will get help to see him ASAP.
redsn0w (OP)
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 12:30:59 PM

Another stupid thing (made by ISIS):

|ISIS destroys ancient ruins of Nimrud, video shows

Islamic State of Iraq and Syria militants hammered, bulldozed and ultimately blew up parts of the ancient Iraqi Assyrian city of Nimrud, destroying a site dating back to the 13th century BC, an online militant video purportedly shows.

The destruction at Nimrud, located near the militant-held city of Mosul, came amid other attacks on antiquity carried out by the group now holding a third of Iraq and neighbouring Syria in its self-declared caliphate. The attacks have horrified archaeologists and UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, who last month called the destruction at Nimrud "a war crime."

The seven-minute video, posted late Saturday, shows bearded militants using sledgehammers, jackhammers and saws to take down huge alabaster reliefs depicting Assyrian kings and deities. A bulldozer brings down walls, while militants fill barrels with explosives and later destroy three separate areas of the site in massive explosions.

More at: http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/isis-destroys-ancient-ruins-of-nimrud-video-shows-1.3029687

CoolRunnings21

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

Nenávist má sestru, to je závist.

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 07:31:49 PM

Another stupid thing (made by ISIS):

|ISIS destroys ancient ruins of Nimrud, video shows

Islamic State of Iraq and Syria militants hammered, bulldozed and ultimately blew up parts of the ancient Iraqi Assyrian city of Nimrud, destroying a site dating back to the 13th century BC, an online militant video purportedly shows.

The destruction at Nimrud, located near the militant-held city of Mosul, came amid other attacks on antiquity carried out by the group now holding a third of Iraq and neighbouring Syria in its self-declared caliphate. The attacks have horrified archaeologists and UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, who last month called the destruction at Nimrud "a war crime."

The seven-minute video, posted late Saturday, shows bearded militants using sledgehammers, jackhammers and saws to take down huge alabaster reliefs depicting Assyrian kings and deities. A bulldozer brings down walls, while militants fill barrels with explosives and later destroy three separate areas of the site in massive explosions.

More at: http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/isis-destroys-ancient-ruins-of-nimrud-video-shows-1.3029687

This is insane, I bet if this happened to an old mosque there would be riots and beheadings.

These snackbars need to be taken out, hellfire style.

I hope Bitcointalks resident Islamist come in here and post, is this another miracle of Islam?

NDotSO / Bourák
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: