Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:48:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Netspend Flashpay the new Moneypak?  (Read 8346 times)
tidus1097 (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 08:37:26 AM

I recently made a transaction with Daintykane with Netspend Flashpay. I had never thought about this method before, but to me it would seem a big success. Now here's what I'm wanting to know. Why aren't more people using this vs Paypal? Netspend is instant ATM withdraws, I'm paying a $5 monthly fee so I can use pin/debit transactions with no cost.  I submitted a request to Netspend this morning in reference to having a Flashpay returned. I had told them that I was going to post it to the bitcointalk community to show how Flashpay is better vs Paypal. No, I'm not wanting a chargeback from Daintykane. They seem to be a honest trader. I would trade with them again. But I would like to know and for everyone to know if it can be reversed or not. I personally feel that this method is better for cryptocurrency trading in the US because with Netspend, you can withdraw your funds instantly from any atm nationwide with limited fee's if you chose the $5 a month plan from Netspend's site.

Let me rephrase this comment. I asked them to submit to me the guideines for Flashpay. For example if it can be returned, what's the policy for returns or chargebacks. I asked them in regards to this to show the bitcointalk community. As soon as they send me the info I will post it here.

Has anybody else ever talked to them concerning reversed transactions? Please post any trades or transactions concerning this method. It will be helpful to all members of the forum.

P.S. Daintykane, if you have more btc to sell Friday, I'll buy it from ya. Thanks once again for enlightening me to this service. I think this method would be a big success here for currency trading if more members had more information on it.
rikrikrik

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

where am i? HELLO WORLD

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 08:58:31 AM

PayPal is free Vs $5 a month

PayPal is a global thing

paypal offers the users security (let's say someone hacked my account and spent all my money I can find out and fix it does this offer the same service?)

PayPal is very obvious about where it makes money.

PayPal is free

I sell small amounts of BTC for PayPal msg me for details and spot rate
tidus1097 (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 09:03:52 AM

Paypal=chargebacks
Netspend=NO CHARGEBACKS

Netspend has been around for years. Paypal has to I know. But if you want to be able to withdraw your funds immediately, then I would chose Netspend if in the US. I do not know anything outside of US. But with what customer service and other members of the forum have told me, Netspend is the "safest" way to sell BTC for cash.(no chargebacks)
rikrikrik

Activity: 560

where am i? HELLO WORLD

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 09:13:49 AM

Moneypaks are reversible if purchased with a stolen credit card due to a cashier's incompetence in allowing the purchase. See the paypal row for risk when using paypal. There is less than a handful of first-hand reports on the entire internet where the party who (1) redeemed a MoneyPak number to their debit card (2) refused to provide a copy of the receipt used to purchase the Moneypak to their debit card company when they asked and (3) never received the funds after vigilantly pressing the card company to disburse the funds[3][4][5][6][7]. Ask for a copy of the receipt when accepting MP to protect yourself from this virtually non-existent risk of loss. Alternatively, lower the risk to zero by walking to an ATM and withdrawing the cash that was loaded.

I sell small amounts of BTC for PayPal msg me for details and spot rate
coyne1981

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:30:03 PM

Moneypaks are reversible if purchased with a stolen credit card due to a cashier's incompetence in allowing the purchase. See the paypal row for risk when using paypal. There is less than a handful of first-hand reports on the entire internet where the party who (1) redeemed a MoneyPak number to their debit card (2) refused to provide a copy of the receipt used to purchase the Moneypak to their debit card company when they asked and (3) never received the funds after vigilantly pressing the card company to disburse the funds[3][4][5][6][7]. Ask for a copy of the receipt when accepting MP to protect yourself from this virtually non-existent risk of loss. Alternatively, lower the risk to zero by walking to an ATM and withdrawing the cash that was loaded.

hes talking about flashpay via netspend, not moneypak. Flashpay has been said to be irreversible. I dug a little and couldn't find an answer so far. I use netspend for regular use and i'm waiting to hear what they say about this. Definitely keep us posted!

tidus1097 (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 09:46:07 PM

Here is Netspends official response when asked what is the policy of chargebacks made.

http://imgur.com/isMO1ZR
Daintykane

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 11:56:39 PM

Here is Netspends official response when asked what is the policy of chargebacks made.

http://imgur.com/isMO1ZR
I just read it. Basically Flashpay Cannot be reversed. Once you send the funds they are gone. There really isn't a reason why someone would want to reverse if they intended to send because Flashpay makes you verify your card info BEFORE you send each time. It's a WONDERFUL feature and Hope it stays. Its been around for a while now and I use it now since they are doing away with the reload paks.
tidus1097 (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 12:05:25 AM

Yeah thats the same reason I like this method. Netspend is pretty much everywhere too. So buying btc with cash never got easier than this. Load your account and ship to whomever.
Daintykane

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 12:07:53 AM

Yeah thats the same reason I like this method. Netspend is pretty much everywhere too. So buying btc with cash never got easier than this. Load your account and ship to whomever.
Exactly. Moneypak is the devil. I heard stories where people was getting ones that were obtained fraudulently... Like jeez smh
loaddebitcard

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 08:36:24 PM

We can load netspend debit cards that have a visa or mastercard logo using Bitcoin. See my thread.
Rmcdermott927
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 05:16:25 AM

This is good news considering paypal is closing accounts for people they even remotely suspect of trading BTC for Paypal My-Cash

tidus1097 (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 07:13:20 AM

This is good news considering paypal is closing accounts for people they even remotely suspect of trading BTC for Paypal My-Cash

They just changed that too.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/breaking-paypal-merchants-can-now-accept-bitcoin/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: