Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:44:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how to permanently delete a banned account?  (Read 1360 times)
unsoindovo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 08:54:46 AM

If the account is deleted, all posts will also be deleted or sometimes the username of OP will change to something else to keep the posts. It always is better to keep the posts because some of them maybe important.

Edit: shorena already answered.

it should be possible keeping posts yet deleting accounts. only thing, the username on the post seems anonymous or something like that. I think that should be a right for users to be able to do that.

people generally want to go away with their content.

i think the right management for this case,
it is to delete user account plus his contents.
If a mod decide to bann an account it means who is posts are useless.
And for this reason, i think if a user account is gone, contents need to gone with him.
otherwise it would not be happy to ban a user.

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 11:21:41 AM

it should be possible keeping posts yet deleting accounts. only thing, the username on the post seems anonymous or something like that. I think that should be a right for users to be able to do that.

people generally want to go away with their content.

Well, it is good but sometimes it shouldn't be. Scammers tend to clear the account most probably to make another scam and the the threads and/or posts will be deleted which makes it hard to know which was his previous account was. If we make a rule such as "posts and/or threads of scammers won't be deleted", it may become another problem. There are scammers who want to start fresh too. Unfortunately, current system won't allow these things unless you come with a new account, new address and new IP. Never and ever send from/to old address which you used to scam. This will help you to start fresh.

i think the right management for this case,
it is to delete user account plus his contents.
If a mod decide to bann an account it means who is posts are useless.

IMHO no. An account is banned if majority of the posts are spam. There maybe a small amount of posts which are helpful.

And for this reason, i think if a user account is gone, contents need to gone with him.

Shouldn't be IMHO. One of the reason is in the reply to emrebey's post.

otherwise it would not be happy to ban a user.

All low value/spam posts will be deleted, anyway. I don't think there is a need to delete other posts.

sed

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 01:50:34 PM

hi there .. therer is no such way to delete your banned account . you just change your password randomly like `` 123434gfgsdfk `` this kind and forget it dont save it you will not access your account hence its deleted for you . !

Awesome example of how to not pick something random.  (use something like this for your brainwallet and watch your bitcoins get stolen instantly!)

no prob!!!
i mentioned above,
i will use a randon GUID,
if i decide for this way.
somethings like this:

47668c08-14b8-4879-9d79-68443a89a3fe
efbb6433-1088-46f9-aca4-3dac44e9fb53
12098844-9498-4114-9072-ed28d4e1e628
0c120e9b-1b83-4f97-b659-84ccf9013bce
a9c9e364-0238-4f82-965a-c8e197156e11
060da8db-94e0-4067-b5b4-b78af204bd17
18776d65-1159-4b20-b45e-a9b3eff7338d
419ee07a-045d-4976-a03d-1e23bb8068c0
ee627610-869d-44db-8eaf-c6fd96fe11bc
90878c52-a272-489d-b4a4-2fa298b57abc

That looks more like it!

On my other question about nuking an account I guess I just realized that it must be possible to "self-nuke" in this way before randomizing your login.  I dunno why that didn't occur to me above.  I guess I withdrawl my question.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 02:03:20 PM

-snip-
On my other question about nuking an account I guess I just realized that it must be possible to "self-nuke" in this way before randomizing your login.  I dunno why that didn't occur to me above.  I guess I withdrawl my question.

Its certainly possible to nuke an account, but Staff does not do it on request. I dont know why, but I can think of several reasons. E.g. someone that gained access to the account could request a nuke etc.

The way I do it for SAD (someone else linked it above) is that I start with the oldest posts and delete every post by hand. I also read each post to make sure (as beast as possible) that said post is not related to any scams and can safely be deleted. Everyone can - of course - just do this themselves, its just tedious and take a very long time. ~100 posts per hour is a reasonable speed.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
sed

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 02:12:27 PM

-snip-

Its certainly possible to nuke an account, but Staff does not do it on request. I dont know why, but I can think of several reasons. E.g. someone that gained access to the account could request a nuke etc.

The way I do it for SAD (someone else linked it above) is that I start with the oldest posts and delete every post by hand. I also read each post to make sure (as beast as possible) that said post is not related to any scams and can safely be deleted. Everyone can - of course - just do this themselves, its just tedious and take a very long time. ~100 posts per hour is a reasonable speed.

If I were going to do this myself I'd just make a script.  As you say, sounds very tedious to do this by hand.  Then again you're reading each one.  I'm surprised you don't charge more for this.  Then again, I'm surprised that people feel the need to do this at all.  LOL!
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 02:15:48 PM

-snip-
If I were going to do this myself I'd just make a script.  As you say, sounds very tedious to do this by hand.  Then again you're reading each one.  I'm surprised you don't charge more for this.  Then again, I'm surprised that people feel the need to do this at all.  LOL!

I currently dont offer removal of posts for this reason. I dont see a way to automate this without possible deleting crucial posts and Id have to charge a very higher amount for doing it manually. I am certainly open for offers, but deleting e.g. my ~3.5k posts would take me roughly the 4 weeks I have before deleting the random data.

On the other hand if you want to remove your own posts you probably would not read them all again and could easily automate it.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
unsoindovo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 06:03:40 PM

-snip-

I currently dont offer removal of posts for this reason. I dont see a way to automate this without possible deleting crucial posts and Id have to charge a very higher amount for doing it manually. I am certainly open for offers, but deleting e.g. my ~3.5k posts would take me roughly the 4 weeks I have before deleting the random data.

On the other hand if you want to remove your own posts you probably would not read them all again and could easily automate it.

i think with a bot, you can filter the posts you want to mantain...
for example...
if you want to maintain last post
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1013764.msg11009687#msg11009687
you need to pass to your bot/script topicID/msdID to skip deleting.
or better, still i think msgID it is univoc inside bitcoin talk forum...
so could be enough.

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: