Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:15:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SELL NEW 4BTC Microsoft Backlit USB keyboard SideWinder X4 CALIFORNIA ARIZONA  (Read 4574 times)
420 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 12:16:10 AM
Last edit: August 21, 2012, 12:25:47 AM by 420

I bought a $50 microsoft keyboard and I'm disappointed

I want to upgarde now to a backlit mechanical keyboard

If someone just bought a new backlit mechanical keyboard like Razer blackwidow ultimate I'd trade my keyboard plus BTC or CASH

California/Arizona, Maybe Nevada in person, if you don't want to meet you could send btc and i can drop it on your porch or somewhere

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2012, 07:30:12 PM

http://www.maxkeyboard.com/mechanical-keyboard.html

or Das Keyboard. But those are not backlit. There are tons of backlit keyboard out there though. Maybe the best place to trade is on the geekhack forum?

420 (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 10:30:47 PM

http://www.maxkeyboard.com/mechanical-keyboard.html

or Das Keyboard. But those are not backlit. There are tons of backlit keyboard out there though. Maybe the best place to trade is on the geekhack forum?

yeah amazon probably cheaper.

one is $100 the razer blackwidow ultimate backlit

Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 02:20:52 AM

Mate of mine just got a Gigabyte Osmium keyboard. Fantastic piece of kit, I thoroughly recommend it.

A bit more than $50 though  Cheesy
420 (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 02:38:59 AM

Mate of mine just got a Gigabyte Osmium keyboard. Fantastic piece of kit, I thoroughly recommend it.

no ratings. looks really long too long for my current desk

http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Osmium-Mechanical-Keyboard-GK-OSMIUM/dp/B008U6SRYW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345343918&sr=8-1&keywords=gigabyte+Osmium+keyboard

Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 02:40:51 AM

no ratings. looks really long too long for my current desk

http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Osmium-Mechanical-Keyboard-GK-OSMIUM/dp/B008U6SRYW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345343918&sr=8-1&keywords=gigabyte+Osmium+keyboard
Not surprised there are no ratings, it's been out less than a month I think.
http://www.guru3d.com/article/gigabyte-osmium-review/

"Dimension 454(L)* 257(W)*45(H) mm" Any use?
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2012, 03:05:35 AM

Damn, did not know Gigabyte is into the mechanical keyboard market. I guess this is all the rage these days. I like the board for it's large handrest/wristrest but it would be nice if it had two USB ports like my existing Xarmor U9BLS. I think for now I'm going to stick to my current keyboard. I'm done with the whole mech keyboard phase.

Cherry MX reds are pretty good for gaming but I'm not sure if many of you would like how light they are and the lack of any tactile feedback (ie they're linear). Personally I found that MX Browns suit me best.

edit: my bad, it looks like it does have 2 usb ports, nice!!

420 (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 05:19:55 AM

It looks like it is usb 2.0 but it has a usb 3.0 port ON IT what's the point of that?

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2012, 02:36:42 PM

It looks like it is usb 2.0 but it has a usb 3.0 port ON IT what's the point of that?

Well, apparently the board has a usb 3.0 hub so technically you should be able to connect all usb 3.0 devices through it (of course not high powered devices that consume beyond what the usb power spec). If you look at the abck of it it does have two usb connector cables - one blue one standard (ie one is usb 3.0 one is 2.0)

Also it seems that you can't get this board with any other MX switches other than MX Red. I dunno why, cause MX Brown switches are good for gaming too - the only different is they offer a tactile bump - ie feedback, unlike the linear MX Red switches. Also some games may prefer the more solid and heavy MX Black switches.

420 (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 11:37:25 PM

Well, apparently the board has a usb 3.0 hub so technically you should be able to connect all usb 3.0 devices through it (of course not high powered devices that consume beyond what the usb power spec). If you look at the abck of it it does have two usb connector cables - one blue one standard (ie one is usb 3.0 one is 2.0)

Also it seems that you can't get this board with any other MX switches other than MX Red. I dunno why, cause MX Brown switches are good for gaming too - the only different is they offer a tactile bump - ie feedback, unlike the linear MX Red switches. Also some games may prefer the more solid and heavy MX Black switches.

I want quiet smooth switches i think

cmg5461

Activity: 369

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 12:18:03 AM

No you don't.  Black switches are horrible for anything but gaming.  Your ear adjusts to the clicks.  It's great, because you learn when to stop pressing the key.  Touch typing becomes very easy.  I have the razer bw ultimate.  Very narrow keyboard.  Weighs about 5 pounds, so no sliding.  I recommend it.

see: http://www.daskeyboard.com/blog/?page_id=1458

and remember.. you get what you pay for.

If I've helped: 1CmguJhwW4sbtSMFsyaafikJ8jhYS61quz

Sold: 5850 to lepenguin. Quick, easy and trustworthy.
420 (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 12:22:25 AM

No you don't.  Black switches are horrible for anything but gaming.  Your ear adjusts to the clicks.  It's great, because you learn when to stop pressing the key.  Touch typing becomes very easy.  I have the razer bw ultimate.  Very narrow keyboard.  Weighs about 5 pounds, so no sliding.  I recommend it.

see: http://www.daskeyboard.com/blog/?page_id=1458

thats what i was looking at. i thought it was $100 the other day now its $113:
http://www.amazon.com/Razer-BlackWidow-Ultimate-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B003ZJ5B4I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345508523&sr=8-1&keywords=razer+blackwidow+ultimate

this has the Cherry MX Blue
Cherry MX Blue mechanical switch animationThe blue switches are considered to be the best switch for typing because they have a “clicky” tactile bump when the activation point is hit. While many people prefer them for gaming, it is not as easy to double tap as other switches since the release point is above the actuation point. The standard “clicky” versions of Das Keyboards utilize Cherry MX Blue switches.

cmg5461

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 12:24:50 AM

Just do it.  You won't regret it.  You'll be glad you spent the extra 13$

also, just a warning:  If you're one of those people that cares about ghosting, don't buy it.  The ghosting on this keyboard is set up so the common gaming keys don't ghost - left half of keyboard, while the right has some ghosting.

TEST: both shift held

QWERTY
AFGHJKL
ZXCVB

420 (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 12:26:32 AM

Just do it.  You won't regret it.  You'll be glad you spent the extra 13$

also, just a warning:  If you're one of those people that cares about ghosting, don't buy it.  The ghosting on this keyboard is set up so the common gaming keys don't ghost - left half of keyboard, while the right has some ghosting.

TEST: both shift held

QWERTY
AFGHJKL
ZXCVB

okay now tell me what ghosting means?

cmg5461

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 01:37:40 AM

Ghosting is when multiple keys are held down.  Certain keys won't go through.  Don't worry about it though, the keyboard preforms flawlessly

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: