Poll
Question: what will happen in the next?
More dumps
A slow grind down
Stablization at 12ish
Rally continues as if nothing happened

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Daily Speculation Poll] :: What now?  (Read 1744 times)
ruski

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 11:56:34 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50822.msg605957#msg605957

So now what?
I’ve spoken with my clients over the last week and come to an agreement that would allow me to close down my operation within a week.

Sorry to state the obvious, but that doesn't mean he's agreed to settle in USD. Better source?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 11:56:59 PM

Oh come on that is extremely unclear.  It could even be that he intends to proceed with whatever he's doing (assuming its not a ponzi) privately with his largest investors...
ruski

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 11:57:33 PM

Unless he does pay the big investors back in USD, and they decide to buy back into BTC with it. Even then there aren't enough BTC to go around for that much cash without the price hitting the hundreds.

I thought you think that "ergo the buyer doesn't care about the exchange rate"...

Cool

Buyers wanting to trade with it don't care. Speculators do. Keep missing that point. Cool

oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 12:00:04 AM

I should congratulate Adam for getting the correction percentage right, what he didn't get right is the price...

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 12:06:26 AM

Unless he does pay the big investors back in USD, and they decide to buy back into BTC with it. Even then there aren't enough BTC to go around for that much cash without the price hitting the hundreds.

I thought you think that "ergo the buyer doesn't care about the exchange rate"...

Cool

Buyers wanting to trade with it don't care. Speculators do. Keep missing that point. Cool

No, you missed your own point since you did not cited "speculators" before.

Since you admit above that "they", the "speculators", want "to buy back", you confirm that buyers do care about the price, as I had already explained before.
ruski

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 12:08:16 AM

It's like the whole market's got a massive hangover. I think might even be back up at $14-15 within a few days, and it'll be solid this time.

Still bummed I missed the drop. Not five minutes after I'd gone to sleep it started. Easy 20% and I didn't catch it. Cry

ruski

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 12:13:52 AM

Cool

No, you missed your own point since you did not cited "speculators" before.

Since you admit above that "they", the "speculators", want "to buy back", you confirm that buyers do care about the price, as I had already explained before.

And therefore, toasters are a purple Tuesday.

Exactly what is your point? Re-read what I'm trying to tell you and you'll see what I'm trying to say.

A) The real support, people using BTC as a medium of exchange, do not care about the exchange price & buy at market.
B) Speculators do, but there aren't enough BTC on offer to support $10 million in purchases without causing an insane bubble.
C) Owing to that, if some want to buy back they will do it slowly, further supporting a solid rally, which we will have anyway.
D) If they don't buy back, we have seen the end of the BS&T impact on BTC as no more BTC will be dumped for now but trade goes on.

Need me to spell it out further for you? Huh

Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 01:08:56 AM

I tell you B-Boys'n'B-Girls, 10$ marks a critical support. If it breaks, a real plummet and a serious end to this rally is in jeopardy.
Because a lot of buying happened in the 9-10$ area on the way up, those who got in during that time will avoid to sell any lower. Thus will sell above 10$. According to theory, once we get to that 10$ resistance, no more selling will occur and buying pressure outweight selling pressure. Lets hope we are not going below that.

Reference: https://ferroh.com/charts

yellow/red areas mark price niveaus of high volume
green/blue areas those of low volume

augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 01:21:19 AM

And therefore, toasters are a purple Tuesday.

Exactly what is your point? Re-read what I'm trying to tell you and you'll see what I'm trying to say.

A) The real support, people using BTC as a medium of exchange, do not care about the exchange price & buy at market.
B) Speculators do, but there aren't enough BTC on offer to support $10 million in purchases without causing an insane bubble.
C) Owing to that, if some want to buy back they will do it slowly, further supporting a solid rally, which we will have anyway.
D) If they don't buy back, we have seen the end of the BS&T impact on BTC as no more BTC will be dumped for now but trade goes on.

Need me to spell it out further for you? Huh

You are babbling... What you wrote is not based on factual data.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: