Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:39:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Indian Spiritual Master Talks about Bitcoin?  (Read 2870 times)
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 03:59:41 AM

Bayes' rule is far more insightful than anything these spiritual dudes ever came up with. And he came up with it as a way to win more bets. On the other hand, the t-test and that whole field of stats was first developed to make sure Guinness wasn't sending out crappy batches of beer... then it got perverted.

The Upanishads begin with the statement that matter is energy.  It took scientists until Einstein to make the same claim.

I would be interested in the exact quote. I don't completely dismiss the ancient alien, ancient knowledge theories so that would be the context I would put that in. I think that in the end the point isn't thinking of something, the real work is implementing it in a way people can use. If some thinker thought of it and did nothing about implementing it... he may be an asshole who set back humanity 2k years. On the other hand maybe he tried but there was a whole bunch of prior knowledge needed to be able to implement it.
notme (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 04:36:03 AM

The translation I'm referring to translates it as "All matter arose from energy".  Other translations seem to have it more along the lines of "God creates physical existence", but I suppose that's just a difference of how much personality you want to attribute to the energy of the universe.

I suppose if there is one flaw to the vedic system it is the laziness it produces.  No need to worry about the physical world because you will get as many lives as you need to return to God.  So why bother improving the physical when it only distracts from inner journey of reuniting with the energy from which you arose?  Christianity is no better with its concept of heaven, yet somehow its followers chose a path of dominating others, which lead to scientific progress.  Since I can't find anything in the teachings of Christ that would lead to this, I suppose it must have already been a part of the culture of certain groups who later adopted Christianity, yet too late to save their cultural souls.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
notme (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 04:42:07 AM

The sanskrit is:
Isa vasyam idam sarvam.

bb113

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 04:58:42 AM

I guess the important thing is whether there is a record of the Matter=Energy translation before the physicists published about it. I'm going to try to check it with multiple indian dudes. I have no idea how common familiarity with sanskrit is. Most likely it is only a select few experts who translate at this point.

I can't say much about hindus or buddhists from personal experience, but anyone who tells you they know what happens after you die is either a zombie (dont trust them), a liar (dont trust them), or crazy (dont trust them).
BkkCoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2012, 05:12:25 AM

I can't say much about hindus or buddhists from personal experience, but anyone who tells you they know what happens after you die ...
They're not talking about your physical body. There is no denying what happens to the body but once you understand that you are not your body, then what happens to the body is irrelevant. These teachings are about understanding beyond the physical. If you are stuck in the belief that there is only physical being then you are not ready to understand these teachings. Typically people need some cataclysmic world view altering event to realize there may be something they do not fully understand. As long as you think and only understand life as physical, spiritual teachings will make no sense.

bb113

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 05:40:57 AM

In the end these different ways of conceptualizing the universe will compete for acceptance. Memes and genes are propagated via the same process. I'm going to make decisions based on the one that I think is most likely to yield practical benefits, and choose based on past success. Others holding supernatural beliefs would be very good for me if I happened to be in a position of power, but I'm not.
tiberiandusk

Activity: 575

The North Remembers

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2012, 05:52:16 AM

"Spiritual Master" is code for liar.

Bitcoin Auction House http://www.BitBid.net BTC - 1EwfBVC6BwA6YeqcYZmm3htwykK3MStW6N | LTC - LdBpJJHj4WSAsUqaTbwyJQFiG1tVjo4Uys Don't get Goxed.
rini17

Activity: 340
Merit: 250

GO http://bitcointa.lk !!! My new nick: jurov

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2012, 09:26:45 AM

I guess the important thing is whether there is a record of the Matter=Energy translation before the physicists published about it. I'm going to try to check it with multiple indian dudes. I have no idea how common familiarity with sanskrit is. Most likely it is only a select few experts who translate at this point.
"Matter = energy" is simple enough idea to be discovered philosophically without any science involved. But, if there was some ancient text saying "energy is matter times square of (light)speed", now that would be something.

CoinBr.com: First online MPEx brokerage launched beta! Easy to use interface and reasonable fees. Charts for MPEx stocks: live.coinbr.com * My Blog *
spndr7
Legendary

Activity: 1020
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2012, 01:53:39 PM

It was merely a blind arrow in the darkness,there are many absurd things in our ancient texts like - earth,water,air,fire and sky are the 5 elements of universe.

If its true lorentz factor must have been written somewhere.

But one mystery still remain,speed of light is given in vedas or its over interpretation ?
http://www.google.co.in/search?q=speed+of+light+in+vedas

notme (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 02:00:25 PM

It was merely a blind arrow in the darkness,there are many absurd things in our ancient texts like - earth,water,air,fire and sky are the 5 elements of universe.

If its true lorentz factor must have been written somewhere.

But one mystery still remain,speed of light is given in vedas or its over interpretation ?
http://www.google.co.in/search?q=speed+of+light+in+vedas

The 5 "elements" being absurd is simply a matter of poor translation.  What was really described by those classifications were the 5 densities of energy.  Solid, liquid, gas, plasma, E/M waves.... not so absurd now is it?

spndr7
Legendary

Activity: 1020
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 02:38:47 AM

The 5 "elements" being absurd is simply a matter of poor translation.  What was really described by those classifications were the 5 densities of energy.  Solid, liquid, gas, plasma, E/M waves.... not so absurd now is it?

Now according to you we must search ancient text for MAXWELL's equations !!

tiberiandusk

Activity: 575

The North Remembers

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 03:35:55 AM

There should be 6 elements with Bose-Einstein condensates.

Bitcoin Auction House http://www.BitBid.net BTC - 1EwfBVC6BwA6YeqcYZmm3htwykK3MStW6N | LTC - LdBpJJHj4WSAsUqaTbwyJQFiG1tVjo4Uys Don't get Goxed.
notme (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 03:40:40 AM

The 5 "elements" being absurd is simply a matter of poor translation.  What was really described by those classifications were the 5 densities of energy.  Solid, liquid, gas, plasma, E/M waves.... not so absurd now is it?

Now according to you we must search ancient text for MAXWELL's equations !!

No, I didn't say that.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: