Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:36:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So what if Pirate does not pay back, he has a full weekend to dump...  (Read 8239 times)
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 01:27:03 PM

The good thing is that we all likely will know rather soon.

In best case scenario I've been completely wrong about all of this all the time, I sincerely hope to be wrong, however unlikely that is.
I'm glad you've said that because the amount of vitriol that has been spread on this forum recently has suggested that some people actually want this to be a ponzi - if only to be right.

They do.  A lot of people have shown their true colours throughout all this.   Sorry excuses for human beings, and they can go jump as far as I'm concerned.

I, too, will be pushing pretty hard for some public apologies from these people should Pirate come through (not to me, I couldn't care less what these pricks think, but to pirate first and foremost and then everyone else they've been complete shits to for the past months).
So I take it you'll be making an apology if it turns out we were right all along?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 01:56:57 PM

In best case scenario I've been completely wrong about all of this all the time, I sincerely hope to be wrong, however unlikely that is.
I'm glad you've said that because the amount of vitriol that has been spread on this forum recently has suggested that some people actually want this to be a ponzi - if only to be right.

They do.  A lot of people have shown their true colours throughout all this.   Sorry excuses for human beings, and they can go jump as far as I'm concerned.

I, too, will be pushing pretty hard for some public apologies from these people should Pirate come through (not to me, I couldn't care less what these pricks think, but to pirate first and foremost and then everyone else they've been complete shits to for the past months).
So I take it you'll be making an apology if it turns out we were right all along?
Perhaps, not just apology but disgorgement of illegally/unethically obtained funds as well?

-
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 03:12:59 PM

Perhaps, not just apology but disgorgement of illegally/unethically obtained funds as well?

I have made my passthrough lenders whole shortly after the announcement.  If pirate defaults I will lose more, but I will have no unethically obtained funds.  I may, however, apologize for defending pirate so fiercely, but I strongly believe it won't come to that.  If I'm wrong, oh well, the loss will be hard, but I can take it.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 03:21:16 PM

Even if everything was a ponzi scheme why would he even make an announcement on the forums. Wouldn't it be easier just to go to a country with no extradition treaty with the US? I am not going to lie, its not like pirate is someone mysterious hiding in the shadows. People know his name and I am pretty sure what he looks like. Violence is always an option.   

Maybe he already did.  Last time I heard countries without extradition treaties are part of the intertubes.  Some of them even have nice beaches
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 03:26:58 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2012, 03:58:04 PM by DeathAndTaxes

Just FYI - *Stealing* Bitcoins is not a crime. Not a single legal system anywhere is going to care about this.

Stealing is a crime.  Period.  Most countries don't define what can or can't be stolen.  

If you steal a potato it is a crime.  If you steal a beanie baby it is a crime.  If you seal a sack of aluminum cans heading to the recycling center it is a crime.

Please point out a statute that lists by item which can be stolen without it being a crime.   

The law doesn't work that way, it never has.  Imagine how stupid it would be if the the law did work that way.  
"Buddy I got a gun; give me your cellphone.  No not your wallet.  You think I am stupid?   I am not going down for robbery.  Just the cellphone.  Stealing a cellphone isn't a crime (yet)".
EuSouBitcoin

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 03:56:07 PM

Potato

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdqbi66oNuI

You can't win if you don't play. But you can't play if you lose all your chips. First I found bitcoin (BTC). Then I found something better, Monero (XMR). See GetMonero.org
BCEmporium
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 04:52:01 PM

Exchange money for money or make money with money is an abrasive process, you can't possible get any revenue when nothing is being created or added to the economy... who the hell still believes in Ponzi scams?! If you felt for it, I've to say "too bad!".

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2012, 04:55:37 PM

I think, if, as I presume, he's been running a scam all along, he has already sold and withdrawn all the money he needs. The crash in the markets has been either a panic reaction from others

Makes sense, it is not some revelation, however. Obvious is obvious. If it is a fraud which it almost certainly is, the pirate has cashed out his booty long ago. Now let's see how suckers will react on realisation that their net worth is much smaller than they still think/hope/pray it is.

It is so funny to see how suckers and shills celebrate here: "Hooray Pirate sez he will return all the money soon!. It is now proven to be not ponzi..." What a bunch of dumb idiots!

We need shares of popcorn trading on GLBSE.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
robocoin

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 05:05:05 PM

I actually have a little amount in BTCmax Kiss

But I actually appreciate that BST is shut down, a major ?Sign can be cut out of the equation. And this happens just one month before the mysterious "major Bitcoin Announcement in September" (although does not need to be connected). We might face a more clear and accepted future for Bitcoin. Maybe I will see the 20$/BTC mark this year.
teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 06:19:16 PM

Right, must be a coincidence that the weekend he closes shop we see huge dumps after a large rally.

This..

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2012, 06:24:35 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2012, 07:08:09 PM by imsaguy

Right, must be a coincidence that the weekend he closes shop we see huge dumps after a large rally.

This..

Because everyone is panicing.  Talk to any of the lenders that aren't pirate passthroughs.  Everyone wants to withdraw their money and are apparently selling on the market.

If pirate really weren't going to pay back, why would he say anything?  If he wasn't going to pay back and intended to just dump everything, he'd keep it as quiet as possible and let people support the dumping unknowingly, right?

I think people were moving USD into bitcoin, more so than they normally would, to take advantage of pirate's rates.  This effectively pushed us up to a year high.  Now that the rates aren't available, you have people moving the USD back out of bitcoin.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 06:59:36 PM

This..

Because everyone is panicing.  Talk to any of the lenders that aren't pirate passthroughs.  Everyone wants to withdraw their money and are apparently selling on the market.

If pirate really weren't going to pay back, why would he say anything?  If he wasn't going to pay back and intended to just dump everything, he'd keep it as quiet as possible and let people support the dumping unknowingly, right?

I think people were moving USD into bitcoin, more so than they normally would to take advantage of pirate's rates.  This effectively pushed us up to a year high.  Now that the rates aren't available, you have people moving the USD back out of bitcoin.

You are exactly correct.  Go read about Elliot Wave Theory.  This is panic selling.  All of these people think that Bitcoin is going to go to $2 and they want to get their money out now.  Once they see the real demand rebound the price they are going to panic buy on the market and shoot bitcoin up 3-5x times the stable price of $5. 
RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 02:06:08 AM

They do.  A lot of people have shown their true colours throughout all this.   Sorry excuses for human beings, and they can go jump as far as I'm concerned.

Well, to certain people, perhaps.  That said, I never once professed to understanding what Pirate has been doing, and I've never said "it's not a ponzi", nor have I attempted to get anyone else to invest with Pirate (as I've always said, what a person does with their own money is their own choice).

My issue throughout all this is the absolutely disgusting way your lot have gone about their little crusade.   It wasn't enough to simply state that you thought investing with Pirate was a bad idea, instead it was just thread after thread after thread, all spouting the same crap, and getting very hostile with people who disagreed with you.   To those people, and it's the majority, no I won't be apologising.  Those people are on ignore, and will stay that way as they're not worth my time.

To the very few who were civil and normal about all this, I'll happily apologise to if they so desire (even considering my first sentence above).  That does NOT include Vlad, Micon, hgmichcahh (whatever), Vandroiy. smoothie and I'm sure plenty more I can't think of right now.  Those people are pretty disgusting excuses for human beings.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 02:18:29 AM

They do.  A lot of people have shown their true colours throughout all this.   Sorry excuses for human beings, and they can go jump as far as I'm concerned.

Well, to certain people, perhaps.  That said, I never once professed to understanding what Pirate has been doing, and I've never said "it's not a ponzi", nor have I attempted to get anyone else to invest with Pirate (as I've always said, what a person does with their own money is their own choice).

My issue throughout all this is the absolutely disgusting way your lot have gone about their little crusade.   It wasn't enough to simply state that you thought investing with Pirate was a bad idea, instead it was just thread after thread after thread, all spouting the same crap, and getting very hostile with people who disagreed with you.   To those people, and it's the majority, no I won't be apologising.  Those people are on ignore, and will stay that way as they're not worth my time.

To the very few who were civil and normal about all this, I'll happily apologise to if they so desire (even considering my first sentence above).  That does NOT include Vlad, Micon, hgmichcahh (whatever), Vandroiy. smoothie and I'm sure plenty more I can't think of right now.  Those people are pretty disgusting excuses for human beings.

Wow so you want an apology if we are wrong but if you are wrong you refuse to apologize.

Looks like you outed yourself as a "pretty disgusting excuse for a human being"

Cry more bitch... lol Grin Grin Grin

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 02:20:57 AM

Translation: I'm a fucking cry baby that can't accept that others disagree with me and have their own opinions concerning pirate's operation. I want an apology from you fucks if I'm right and if i'm wrong I won't apologize to certain people. Wah wah wah!

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 02:26:17 AM

By and large, I've merely asked questions, and have, in return, had a vast number of personal attacks directed my way by the BS&T fan-club.

At this point, if people lost money, it's their own fault - they had all the information there available to them, but they didn't pay any attention to it.
If by some miracle BS&T investors get all their money back, they got lucky and should be glad of that.
RicePicker

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

RicePicker

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 02:27:17 AM

smoothie you need to find something fucking better to do that sit around on the forums and talk about what supposedly bad investments others have made. Why does it even concern you? Great if you were right about it being a ponzi does it make you penis larger? If you are wrong you still will sound like you have a stick up you ass. Calm down and go do something productive in real life.  

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid! =D
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2012, 02:28:55 AM

Much like fundamental christians trying to stop people going to hell Id imagine.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 02:29:21 AM

smoothie you need to find something fucking better to do that sit around on the forums and talk about what supposedly bad investments others have made. Why does it even concern you? Great if you were right about it being a ponzi does it make you penis larger? If you are wrong you still will sound like you have a stick up you ass. Calm down and go do something productive in real life.  

Oh now we have someone thinking that they can tell me what you do with my time.

Ricepicker go pick some rice. Or go and fulfill your fantasy with large penises. Seems you like them big given you bring them up.

I'll continue on being smooth.

Grin Grin Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 02:30:25 AM

I had a thought.... what if unthinkable happens, miracle of sorts. That anonymous guy who holds right now reportedly 500k BTC of sucker's money will somehow give to those suckers ~600k BTC indeed. Hypothetically speaking. Would I need to apologize? I thought and thought and pondered this unlikely eventuality... and no I will not apologize.

Well maybe, just maybe, I would apologize to some specific person if I really said something real wrong...

Otherwise, hell no! Whatever will happen to the pirates op, tomorrow another anonymous personage starts another ponzi looking op, I will say the same thing again. I have nothing to apologize for in either case, and it is not my mission to please anyone here.

-
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: