Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:44:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So what if Pirate does not pay back, he has a full weekend to dump...  (Read 8239 times)
RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 02:32:28 AM

At this point, if people lost money, it's their own fault -

And that has always been the case, but it didn't stop you lot rabbiting on about it all day everyday, did it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 02:33:25 AM

At this point, if people lost money, it's their own fault -

And that has always been the case, but it didn't stop you lot rabbiting on about it all day everyday, did it.

Cry harder it suits you and is very entertaining to me.  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 02:38:44 AM

I'm gonna go ahead and repost this here because it's fantastic:

...Another way to look at it is IF you run a business that is 100% legit but it utterly indistinguishable from a ponzi scheme then guess what .... the risk that it will be confused with a ponzi scheme and you may suffer a lack of liquidity as a result is a business risk.  A risk that both the operator of the business and the investors should have considered.   Lets assume Pirate operation was 100% legit.  Could he have done anything to mitigate that risk?  Transparency?  Delayed withdrawals?  Working with a smaller pool of high net worth investors?  Since he chose NOT to take steps to mitigate that risk factor and the "investors" decided to ignore that risk factor any losses are solely the fault of the operator and investors.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 02:40:23 AM

I had a thought.... what if unthinkable happens, miracle of sorts. That anonymous guy who holds right now reportedly 500k BTC of sucker's money will somehow give to those suckers ~600k BTC indeed. Hypothetically speaking. Would I need to apologize? I thought and thought and pondered this unlikely eventuality... and no I will not apologize.

Well maybe, just maybe, I would apologize to some specific person if I really said something real wrong...

Otherwise, hell no! Whatever will happen to the pirates op, tomorrow another anonymous personage starts another ponzi looking op, I will say the same thing again. I have nothing to apologize for in either case, and it is not my mission to please anyone here.

What makes your proof of identity any better than Pirate's?  His name, face, birthdate, and location are all known by me and others who invested.  I know you are a Russian in the UK named Vladimir and that is it.  Don't give me any shit about being well known because pirate is too, just by a different clique.  I don't know any of your contacts.  But I didn't insult your business until I gave you money and was disappointed.

At this point deposits are closed, so you're not saving anyone anymore.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 02:43:48 AM

I had a thought.... what if unthinkable happens, miracle of sorts. That anonymous guy who holds right now reportedly 500k BTC of sucker's money will somehow give to those suckers ~600k BTC indeed. Hypothetically speaking. Would I need to apologize? I thought and thought and pondered this unlikely eventuality... and no I will not apologize.

Well maybe, just maybe, I would apologize to some specific person if I really said something real wrong...

Otherwise, hell no! Whatever will happen to the pirates op, tomorrow another anonymous personage starts another ponzi looking op, I will say the same thing again. I have nothing to apologize for in either case, and it is not my mission to please anyone here.

What makes your proof of identity any better than Pirate's?  His name, face, birthdate, and location are all known by me and others who invested.  I know you are a Russian in the UK named Vladimir and that is it.  Don't give me any shit about being well known because pirate is too, just by a different clique.  I don't know any of your contacts.  But I didn't insult your business until I gave you money and was disappointed.

Meh, don't waste your time with him.   One positive thing to come out of all this is that now lot's of people know what sort of person Vlad is, and to never do business with him.   I'm pretty happy with that outcome Smiley

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 02:44:09 AM

What makes your proof of identity any better than Pirate's?  His name, face, birthdate, and location are all known by me and others who invested.  I know you are a Russian in the UK named Vladimir and that is it.  Don't give me any shit about being well known because pirate is too, just by a different clique.  I don't know any of your contacts.  But I didn't insult your business until I gave you money and was disappointed.

Translation: Vladimir you suck. Pirate is my friend...my boyfriend. Also my ppt/whatever is closed too.  Kiss

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 02:45:50 AM

Well then you've not put much effort into looking up Vlad, he's not exactly been secretive about who he is or what his business interests are:

http://uk.linkedin.com/in/vladimirmarchenko
https://plus.google.com/100956912600586230755/about

tl;dr: He offered a lot of mining contracts early on in the life of bitcoin - I nearly bought one back when a 1Gh/s contract for a year was expected to yield about 8000 BTC  Cheesy
Frankie

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 02:51:35 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2012, 03:03:30 AM by Frankie

Right, must be a coincidence that the weekend he closes shop we see huge dumps after a large rally.

This..

Because everyone is panicing.  Talk to any of the lenders that aren't pirate passthroughs.  Everyone wants to withdraw their money and are apparently selling on the market.

If pirate really weren't going to pay back, why would he say anything?  If he wasn't going to pay back and intended to just dump everything, he'd keep it as quiet as possible and let people support the dumping unknowingly, right?

I think people were moving USD into bitcoin, more so than they normally would, to take advantage of pirate's rates.  This effectively pushed us up to a year high.  Now that the rates aren't available, you have people moving the USD back out of bitcoin.

This has been said like 8 times already, but a scammer says things like this to buy time. He stopped paying back principal: don't want everyone on your tail at hour zero. Natural part of the HYIP life cycle.

But like Vlad, I hope I'm wrong, even though the apparent shills have been jerks to me. Every once in a while, a miracle would be nice. Good luck!

I do agree that the drop is due to widespread panic as opposed to Pirate himself selling. If it is a scam, he's likely converted most of his coins long ago (at least any coins he didn't squirrel away). Many people are simply cashing out.
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 02:59:16 AM

I feel like buying!
kentrolla

Activity: 1554
Merit: 565

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2012, 03:04:12 AM

lol this is quite a kerchinkle

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 03:12:00 AM

Well then you've not put much effort into looking up Vlad, he's not exactly been secretive about who he is or what his business interests are:

http://uk.linkedin.com/in/vladimirmarchenko
https://plus.google.com/100956912600586230755/about

tl;dr: He offered a lot of mining contracts early on in the life of bitcoin - I nearly bought one back when a 1Gh/s contract for a year was expected to yield about 8000 BTC  Cheesy

I know all about his mining contacts, pirate also does mining.  There are also similar links for Trendon Shavers that are simple to find, but he couldn't be bothered to do any research before slinging accusations, so why should I bother?

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 03:41:13 AM

Right, must be a coincidence that the weekend he closes shop we see huge dumps after a large rally.

Not at all...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: