Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:48:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need urgent help with BAMT  (Read 2834 times)
tvasconcelos (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 11:14:10 AM

Hi, i need some help from you guys.

My BAMT miner got all fu**ed up, started by reverting my card to stock, then i realized that the overdrivectl, atitweak and so on didn't work anymore. It said that my driver wasn't installed or i didn't have a card. So i tried to reinstall/update the ATI driver... Well now i can't mine anymore.

My rig is on the datacenter at work, and the IT guy is not here, maybe on vacation and the door is locked. I was thinking of reinstalling BAMT all over, a fresh install..... FAIL!! I can't get to the machine right now.

Can anyone please help with this, what did i do wrong? Is there any way i can get the machine mining again only from putty? Maybe i messed up the install or something. Even gpumon is screwed up i get this:

Code:
root@bamt-miner:~# gpumon
Traceback (most recent call last):
                                    File "/usr/local/bin/atitweak", line 24, in <module>
            from adl3 import *
                                File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/adl3/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
                                       from .adl_api import *
                                                               File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/adl3/adl_api.py", line 42, in <module>
                                                                      _libadl = CDLL("libatiadlxx.so", mode=RTLD_GLOBAL)
                                          File "/usr/lib/python2.6/ctypes/__init__.py", line 353, in __init__
                                 self._handle = _dlopen(self._name, mode)
                                                                         OSError: /usr/lib/libatiadlxx.so: undefined symbol: APL_Initialize

If someone could please give some hints... i'm linux ignorant, so if someone could please explain to me like i'm a 4 year old i'd appreciate.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
superfastkyle

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 12:13:39 AM

not much help I know but I keep a freshly formatted flash drive around, then I plug it in, ssh into it and download my config files from dropbox with this command if anything goes wrong. Usually takes about 5 minutes

wget http://yoururlhere/bamt.conf -O /etc/bamt/bamt.conf;wget http://yoururlhere/pools -O /etc/bamt/pools;/opt/bamt/fixer;/etc/init.d/mine restart;gpumon

I think most of the time errors in bamt come from corrupt files, unfortunately as most of my attempts to fix a botched install are a waste of time
TechCF

Activity: 109

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 04:58:27 AM

You installed the newest drivers right? Couldn't get the BAMT monitor utils to work with it, although cgminer works when started manually with this script.:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
export DISPLAY=:0
export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
./cgminer --auto-gpu --auto-fan --api-listen -c 4gpu.conf

Without the variables set it won't detect ADL (thus not see fan speeds, temperature). I think the newest ADL or drivers break something... I get the same errors as you when running gpumon. So I just don't use them. cgsnoop still works and the status will show up on mgpumon on my other miner.
tvasconcelos (OP)

Activity: 66

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 10:01:47 AM

Thanks guys. I got it up with cgminer, starting by hand, and showing info in mgpumon. But not the last drivers.

But it lasted a day... Sad Don't know what's wrong, i'm hopping not a faulty card, it's never been up 63º. Anyway the IT guy is on vacation, my rig has stopped again, for some reason it doesn't reboot on it's own, i can´t ssh the motherfu**er!! Right now i have my hands tied.

Great idea to have a backup, and a backup copy of config files... thanks i'll definitely got for that, as soon as i can get my hands on the machine.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: