Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:11:19 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeds of distrust  (Read 6501 times)
mobile4ever

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 01:51:23 AM

Paper money that is theoretically unlimited; if the bank runs out of money the players must make do with other markers, or calculate on paper. Additional paper money can be bought at certain locations, notably game and hobby stores, or downloaded from various websites and printed and cut by hand (one such site has created a $1,000 bill for the game; it is not one of the standard denominations). In the original U.S. standard editions, the supply generally starts with $15,140.

When the game is played normally you can actually RUN OUT of money. But theoretically... yes you can print  up money and play like the "Big Boys". Smiley

I was not talking theoretically.
There's nothing "theoretical" about it: the official rules specifically state that you are allowed to do this. This is the normal way of playing. The bank cannot run out of money when playing using the official rules. Please read the rules rather than quoting Wikipedia out of context.

No! Hows that?
drakahn

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 01:52:03 AM

Paper money that is theoretically unlimited; if the bank runs out of money the players must make do with other markers, or calculate on paper. Additional paper money can be bought at certain locations, notably game and hobby stores, or downloaded from various websites and printed and cut by hand (one such site has created a $1,000 bill for the game; it is not one of the standard denominations). In the original U.S. standard editions, the supply generally starts with $15,140.

When the game is played normally you can actually RUN OUT of money. But theoretically... yes you can print  up money and play like the "Big Boys". Smiley

I was not talking theoretically.
There's nothing "theoretical" about it: the official rules specifically state that you are allowed to do this. This is the normal way of playing. The bank cannot run out of money when playing using the official rules. Please read the rules rather than quoting Wikipedia out of context.

No! Hows that?
... wow... just wow

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4396
Merit: 3062

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 02:15:42 AM

No! Hows that?
How's this: you're wrong, and everyone who has a copy of the Official Monopoly Rules can clearly see that you're wrong. The correct thing to do in a situation like this is either admit that you're wrong or explain why you still think that you're right. Both of these options allow you to appear to be an intelligent individual who just happened to be mistaken about one particular detail. But just saying "No!" makes you instead look like a complete idiot. You don't want to look like a complete idiot, do you?

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 02:17:38 AM

No! Hows that?
How's this: you're wrong, and everyone who has a copy of the Official Monopoly Rules can clearly see that you're wrong. The correct thing to do in a situation like this is either admit that you're wrong or explain why you still think that you're right. Both of these options allow you to appear to be an intelligent individual who just happened to be mistaken about one particular detail. But just saying "No!" makes you instead look like a complete idiot. You don't want to look like a complete idiot, do you?

Yes! Hows that?

mobile4ever

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 03:06:01 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2012, 03:27:21 AM by mobile4ever

No! Hows that?

LOL ... If all I did was worry about how I looked in front of people I would have a worse problem than I appear to have this thread now wouldnt I? Honest people will see the word "theoretical" and realize what is going on.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: