Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you reinvest in BS&T if pirate returns your deposit next week
Yes
No
Pirate won't create second generation of BST

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you reinvest in BS&T if pirate returns your deposit next week?  (Read 4846 times)
softwareseller (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 12:06:24 PM

I suspect pirate will make a second generation of BST with lower interest when he returns all the deposit next week.

I'm neutral in the fight of pozi vs legit.

You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TeslaUa

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 12:48:03 PM

If he will make comeback it will be kinda proof of not ponzi or something? Because he really made some bitcoins in such case afaik and ponzi do not work that way, right?

Those still are two big If's...
enquirer

Activity: 306
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 01:44:44 PM

Don't be delirious, pirate will not return your coins, instead he will sell those 500K coins, which will bring the exchange rate to 0.15-0.20 range, according to MtGox depth table.
softwareseller (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 02:00:05 PM

Don't be delirious, pirate will not return your coins, instead he will sell those 500K coins, which will bring the exchange rate to 0.15-0.20 range, according to MtGox depth table.
If it's a pozi, he should have exchanged the BTC to foreign currency and book the plane ticket plus house there long time ago.

Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 02:04:59 PM

I suspect pirate will make a second generation of BST with lower interest when he returns all the deposit next week.

I'm neutral in the fight of pozi vs legit.
Of course.

If he comes back with a more stable offering after paying out I would love to invest.
asfas16123

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 02:31:07 PM

it simply doesnt make sense why he wouldn't ask for cd deposits in the first place
BitcoinINV

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 02:40:30 PM

He was just money laundering for the drug cartels and now the gigs up.

Ilikeham

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 02:53:35 PM

I voted no.

The reason is; the lack of professional management and communication on strategic moves.

Example, he complains there was a run of withdrawals, but he didn't even properly announce and communicate his intent with his largest lenders such as the Bitcoinmax passthrough.

I've run companies larger than BST as CEO (not in finance) and honestly if I made those kinds of moves without telling the client base formally and correctly what they could expect from my changed business operations I'm quite sure the board would have canned me without the golden parachute attached.

What does he do? pop up on IRC and make a little a speech with virtually no warning.

So no, this mickey mouse operational stance ... well fuck him.
zerokwel

Activity: 464

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 04:02:39 PM

Hell Yea

Reason why. I don't care about customer service I just want someone who's going to get the job done and do what he says he's going to do. Pirate has proved that to me so far
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2012, 05:28:57 PM

I've run companies larger than BST as CEO (not in finance) and honestly if I made those kinds of moves without telling the client base formally and correctly what they could expect from my changed business operations I'm quite sure the board would have canned me without the golden parachute attached.

He's a one man shop.  He doesn't have a staff.  He doesn't have a board.  Its just him.  With tons of people expecting 24x7 availability.  You're comparing apples to oranges.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
Valalvax

Activity: 437

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 06:06:23 PM

Also, the time he was referring to is constantly having to do withdrawals, remember, he does them manually for security
mb300sd
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2012, 06:53:00 AM

Certainly. Once it is proven for sure that I can get my money back, I'd probably double my investment or more.

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
coin_toss

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 09:46:40 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2013, 05:40:07 AM by coin_toss

I think some members of this forum expect too much. Especially when you compare to other major bitcoin services like MtGox, who employ several staff members and yet often delay withdrawals for days or weeks at a time.

That said, I would be pretty surprised if pirate opens up BS&T again after next week's payout. The shitstorm this forum has become is not likely to dissipate simply because people are paid out. Do you really think Micon and Vladimir are going to stop their ponzi incantations merely because all investors have been paid out? Not likely. They would simply say the payout was some kind of elaborate hoax designed to get people to reinvest more money in BS&T before the real scam occurs. No business can operate long term with that level of FUD.
softwareseller (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 10:39:05 AM

That said, I would be pretty surprised if pirate opens up BS&T again after next week's payout. The shitstorm this forum has become is not likely to dissipate simply because people are paid out. Do you really think Micon and Vladimir are going to stop their ponzi incantations merely because all investors have been paid out? Not likely. They would simply say the payout was some kind of elaborate hoax designed to get people to reinvest more money in BS&T before the real scam occurs. No business can operate long term with that level of FUD.

Actually, Micon said he will not accuse pirate again if all loans are paid out this time.

When he does pay everyone back (with interest) will we get a heartfelt appology from Micon and everyone else on team Ponzi?

I will make a youtube video with a straw hat on, a sign that says "I, Bryan Micon, was 100% wrong about the matter of Pirateat40 & Bitcoin Savings & Trust"  

I will then also compose 16 bars into a rap about FUD, and how BurtW was right.  The rap will also touch on inducting Pirateat40 to the BTC hall of fame and will portray Satoshi as a closet cross-dresser from Idaho that makes it big time at Goldman Sachs and recruits some of his friends to start Bitcoin in 2008

I assume you will do the same for me if I am right and you are wrong?

coin_toss

Activity: 117

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 11:57:04 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2013, 05:41:01 AM by coin_toss

Actually, Micon said he will not accuse pirate again if all loans are paid out this time.

Yes he says that, but do you really believe him?
zaj

Activity: 103

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 12:59:43 PM

i would. and would love a system with only weekly or even monthly withdrawals
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 01:01:26 PM

Next time, if there is one, this forum would not be used at all.  He has enough friends that would gladly lend him all the BTC he wants or needs.

You mean, while he uses that same BTC against his Lenders before returning it to them ?

The best thing about being POWERLESS to move any BTC DURING THE PRICE COLLAPSING because it's tied up somewhere is....oh...wait.....NEVERMIND.

I am looking forward to getting MY $5 BTC back.

imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2012, 02:21:33 PM

Next time, if there is one, this forum would not be used at all.  He has enough friends that would gladly lend him all the BTC he wants or needs.

You mean, while he uses that same BTC against his Lenders before returning it to them ?

The best thing about being POWERLESS to move any BTC DURING THE PRICE COLLAPSING because it's tied up somewhere is....oh...wait.....NEVERMIND.

I am looking forward to getting MY $5 BTC back.

Those same people who could have been taking payments for the last year?  Those same people who weren't forced to deposit in the first place.  Oh, ok.  Since you put it that way...

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 11:08:21 PM

He's a one man shop.  He doesn't have a staff.  He doesn't have a board.  Its just him.  With tons of people expecting 24x7 availability.  You're comparing apples to oranges.

Why is this??  He has Millions of dollars of coin.  Why doesn't he have a staff or assistants??

BFL has probably taken in less BTC then Pirate, they have staff..  The bitcoin magazine definately has taken in less, they have staff..

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 11:50:57 PM

Why is this??  He has Millions of dollars of coin.  Why doesn't he have a staff or assistants??

BFL has probably taken in less BTC then Pirate, they have staff..  The bitcoin magazine definately has taken in less, they have staff..

My guess, there is no business model that needs witnesses to be there to speak against pirate.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: