Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:03:21 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I have cgminer 2.6.5 compiled for Mac OSX OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion  (Read 4604 times)
FLHippy (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 05:43:59 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2012, 06:52:50 PM by FLHippy

Hello,

I have cgminer 2.6.5 compiled for Mac OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion.

It was kind of a pain to get to compile so if anyone wants a copy of it I would be happy to send it on to you. I don't know how to add it to the repository and since I've only been lurking here this is the only forum it would let me post in Smiley

It does not have ADL support. I couldn't locate ADL libraries for mac. If anyone can point me to them, I will be happy to recompile with ADL support.

It's better than the version I could find for mac online... this one has the nicer ncurses interface and interactive configuration command support I went through the trouble in the hopes I can run FPGA boards on my macbook pro. Anxiously waiting for the opportunity to purchase a ModMiner rig.

So, if you want a pre-compiled binary of cgminer 2.6.5 then email me... I would be happy to email you a tgz file. The package includes everything needed to run cgiminer 2.6.5 on your mac and the README/COPYING/source code/etc files which come with other binaries. I think the forum will notify me if you message me here.

If, after you've received a copy of cgminer you want to drop me a bitpenny or two.. That would be super groovy, here is an address to donate.

1Dmafj7bsjtWr3ETFDmXTaDGpchw88zQC6

Love
FLHippy

WHALES HEAVEN
Custody-free Swapping Platform
◈  ────────  Reddit ⬝  BountyWebsiteTelegramTwitterGitHub  ────────  ◈
suigeneris

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 08:39:25 PM

I'd love it -- PM sent.

Thanks!
salty

Activity: 562
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 01:08:36 PM

Hello,

I have cgminer 2.6.5 compiled for Mac OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion.

It was kind of a pain to get to compile so if anyone wants a copy of it I would be happy to send it on to you. I don't know how to add it to the repository and since I've only been lurking here this is the only forum it would let me post in Smiley

It does not have ADL support. I couldn't locate ADL libraries for mac. If anyone can point me to them, I will be happy to recompile with ADL support.

It's better than the version I could find for mac online... this one has the nicer ncurses interface and interactive configuration command support I went through the trouble in the hopes I can run FPGA boards on my macbook pro. Anxiously waiting for the opportunity to purchase a ModMiner rig.

So, if you want a pre-compiled binary of cgminer 2.6.5 then email me... I would be happy to email you a tgz file. The package includes everything needed to run cgiminer 2.6.5 on your mac and the README/COPYING/source code/etc files which come with other binaries. I think the forum will notify me if you message me here.

If, after you've received a copy of cgminer you want to drop me a bitpenny or two.. That would be super groovy, here is an address to donate.

1Dmafj7bsjtWr3ETFDmXTaDGpchw88zQC6

Love
FLHippy

Thanks for the offer, I'm more interested in discussing how you did it, if you are willing! Did you use macports?
FLHippy (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 01:19:42 PM

I tried using macports but it didn't work by itself.

When running configure, I compiled all of the dependencies individually until I got the sucker to compile with GPU support enabled. Each item that was missing was downloaded from wherever they live. I had problems with several dependencies too.

I had to copy some of the libraries for some of the dependencies into the source tree and I had to change the compile options to link to them -l??? -l?Huh etc.

It took a couple hours of futzing but I needed a diversion from my real job anyway. I was going to try to compile 2.7.6? later today.

I can give you the working source for 2.6.5 now if you like.

WHALES HEAVEN
salty

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 01:47:06 PM

I tried using macports but it didn't work by itself.

When running configure, I compiled all of the dependencies individually until I got the sucker to compile with GPU support enabled. Each item that was missing was downloaded from wherever they live. I had problems with several dependencies too.

I had to copy some of the libraries for some of the dependencies into the source tree and I had to change the compile options to link to them -l??? -l?Huh etc.

It took a couple hours of futzing but I needed a diversion from my real job anyway. I was going to try to compile 2.7.6? later today.

Don't think it will work for me, I have an FPGA and IIRC you need to specify the icarus option during compile. I'd love to be wrong though...
FLHippy (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 02:03:20 PM

Don't think it will work for me, I have an FPGA and IIRC you need to specify the icarus option during compile. I'd love to be wrong though...

I specifically compiled it with options enabled to support FPGA but then I never bought an FPGA. I'm worried it won't pay for itself now. So I'm waiting.

Icarus drivers are compiled in and there is a command line option to set your board information.... I don't have one so obviously I have not tested it. From the readme it looks something like this...

--icarus-options 57600:2:1

WHALES HEAVEN
salty

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 02:06:57 PM

great! PM'd
sgravina

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 02:20:48 PM

I also did this recently. I did it with XCode and MacPorts.  I installed XCode, XCode command line tools, MacPorts and the following from MacPorts: git yasm curl ncurses automake autoconf autogen.  With all those the compile and link worked. I didn't touch the source. I also could not find ADL support.

I have an iMac with an ATI 6750 M graphics card, it gets 72 MHashes per second, which doesn't pay for itself.
salty

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 02:53:30 PM

(snip) I never bought an FPGA. I'm worried it won't pay for itself now. So I'm waiting. (/snip)

I ordered just before BFL announced, and decided to carry through and commit to 1 FPGA, to play with. I took a gamble that ASICs won't be around until well after christmas, looks like I might lose that one, plus I don't have desktop hardware or suitable GPU so if I want to start looking into mining may as well use FPGA as a learning curve.
puckdaddy

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 02:00:54 PM

Thanks for your effort on this.  I'd like a copy.  PM Sent.
Thanks!
kcgreene

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 06:12:46 AM

Awesome, I'll send you a PM and then the first BTC I mine with it!
scottz

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 05:14:13 PM

Please send me a copy, thank you.
jkarshner

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 09:23:59 PM

Yes please send. Would love a copy.

Thanks
ziodave

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 07:28:03 AM

Hello,

In order to keep up with CGMiner updates, I'd like to contribute to the brew recipe (https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/pull/18325), which is not currently working for me.

Can you tell me which steps you followed to get it compile and actually work on Mac OS X?

Thanks!
adaron

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 05:18:13 PM

Hey FLHippy,

I've been kicking my head to several walls tring to compile cgminer unde Mountain lion, so you can spare my walls some trouble and send me as well a copy. The job it will do will come back to you Smiley.

thanks
toffoo

Activity: 408
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 09:05:27 AM

Also see here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=166877.0

lbr

Activity: 423
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 09:29:24 AM

If s1 interested I have cgminer 2.11.3 x64(with scrypt, opencl and cpu) compiled for Mac OS X 10.6.8

BTC: 18ozhbkfHneX8tnPgHJuTizyBmspM5Vgpa  LTC: LgVc7KdedPGZyDXHXEH9G7z6AoTmTvDdWb
cgminer 2.11.13 x64 portable for Mac OS X 10.6.8
6+ GPUs driver mod for Windows
emunebtk

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 10:00:23 PM

Any luck on getting Cgminer compiled for 10.7 Lion? much appreciated
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: