Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:38:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: any reasonable sha256 altcoins  (Read 1128 times)
sed (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 05:41:27 AM

I normally hate the altcoin world but my old miner just isn't worth much on the bitcoin network.  What might I mine that has a reasonable trade in value for bitcoin.  Ideally I can use poloniex to trade or some other respected exchange.  I don't want to hodl the altcoin, just mine it and sell.
Flep182
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 06:52:29 AM

I normally hate the altcoin world but my old miner just isn't worth much on the bitcoin network.  What might I mine that has a reasonable trade in value for bitcoin.  Ideally I can use poloniex to trade or some other respected exchange.  I don't want to hodl the altcoin, just mine it and sell.

The problem is that there is so much available hashrate that the profitablity of SHA256 coins hardly goes over that of BTC.
I have a batch of obsolete miners that I've been keeping ready for a nice run on an altcoin but problem is that unless you mine and hold and hope for an upgoing trend of the coin there's not much money to be made.
sed (OP)

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 01:52:25 PM

The problem is that there is so much available hashrate that the profitablity of SHA256 coins hardly goes over that of BTC.
I have a batch of obsolete miners that I've been keeping ready for a nice run on an altcoin but problem is that unless you mine and hold and hope for an upgoing trend of the coin there's not much money to be made.

I think that makes a lot of sense.  I don't usually keep up with the altcoin world so I suppose that even if such a run happens, I'll prolly be the last to know about it Sad
Flep182
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 02:15:42 PM

I think that makes a lot of sense.  I don't usually keep up with the altcoin world so I suppose that even if such a run happens, I'll prolly be the last to know about it Sad

If you have an account at Multipool.us, check this page: https://www.multipool.us/stats.php?alg=sha256

You can see at the top:

(MP) BTC      299.1 TH/s    6h9m    1.00000000    0.00001024
PPC      3.6 TH/s    42h57m    0.00123395    0.00000941

Where 1 is the baseline profitability and 0,00123395 the profitability of the next one in line Wink

Biggest problem is that, even if it tips above the BTC % you won't be able to securely sell all your coins for that amount after they've matured Wink
toptekk

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 02:48:10 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2015, 02:59:20 PM by toptekk

I wish there was a SHA 256 coin like 42's for script . but sadly there is no such coin and you are better off as all are saying here just mine BTC direct . or if you really want to  mine alt coins use westhash nice hash. or get a few script miners id say around 110 MH or higher to do any good. when i say mine AC or i do, i mean script coins and i also guess it depends on price per AC to BTC. or  maybe

https://www2.coinmine.pl/un/  Unobtanium coin that miner might work well there, i have run my S3 there from time to time there, guess it depends how old that miner is to. Smiley .

Flep182
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 03:06:14 PM

I wish there was a SHA 256 coin like 42's for script . but sadly there is no such coin and you are better off as all are saying here just mine BTC direct . or if you really want to  mine alt coins use westhash nice hash. or get a few script miners id say around 110 MH or higher to do any good. when i say mine AC or i do, i mean script coins. or  maybe

https://www2.coinmine.pl/un/  Unobtanium coin that miner might work well there i have run my S3 there from time to time there  .

That's also a very good one, currently you could do 0.01017 (technical per TH/s/day) with straight BTC.
24 hours average payouts are currently 0.0113 BTC/TH/Day on NH.

You could even put a certain minimum amount in where you switch to an altcoin that you find interesting or straight bitcoin when it goes below that level.
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 09:36:03 PM

I normally hate to read that kind of crap... and that doesn't change especially now  Grin:
so go back to btc mining with your outdated crappy non altcoin miner  Grin you are not worthy of altcoin  Grin

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Bombadil

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 09:59:23 PM

I normally hate to read that kind of crap... and that doesn't change especially now  Grin:
so go back to btc mining with your outdated crappy non altcoin miner  Grin you are not worthy of altcoin  Grin

<3 Welcome to altcoin world, sed Cheesy

My tip for you: Just stay with BTC, except if you find a good multipool that does BTC and altcoins (not just altcoins).
If you notice a new SHA256 coin arrive at the scene, you could mine that (if it has some value ofc), and trade it after it hits an exchange, hopefully at a nice price.

IT IS FOOLISH to mine coins that are worth less (so on an exchange) and hold them till they rise.
You're better off mining the more profitable altcoins/BTC, selling them and buying your new favo coin with those shiny satoshis.
BTC_1

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 05:21:43 PM

Ive knocked the SHA256D on the head, there are just way to many miners coming off BTC because of the difficulty and then mining SHA254D altcoins and pushing the difficulty up on them as well.

Im keeping one of my Ant's though for new coins that I will mine for a day or so and as said above hold until/if they hit an exchange at a decent price.

develCuy

Activity: 470
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 08:53:19 AM

go for scrypt Smiley it is still steady and has good altcoins.

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 07:10:22 PM

You could also find a coin that is merge mined.  Mine BTC and something else.  BTC Guild lets you mine BTC and NMC.

Flep182
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 01:38:59 PM

You could also find a coin that is merge mined.  Mine BTC and something else.  BTC Guild lets you mine BTC and NMC.

CEX.IO does mergemining with 5 altcoins. Problem is that recently they have had quite a few orphan blocks Sad
BTC_1

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 02:45:31 PM

Ive knocked the SHA256D on the head, there are just way to many miners coming off BTC because of the difficulty and then mining SHA254D altcoins and pushing the difficulty up on them as well.

Im keeping one of my Ant's though for new coins that I will mine for a day or so and as said above hold until/if they hit an exchange at a decent price.

As i said above.

I switched them back on for TRON and made money.

AlCryptoBundy

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 07:39:24 PM

CEX.IO does mergemining with 5 altcoins. Problem is that recently they have had quite a few orphan blocks Sad

5? I can only see 3 in the stats (NMC, DEV and IXC). While Dev is worth nothing (and they only credit full coins to your account), you still get a payment. Payouts for IXC has been stopped a few months ago. The huge amount of orphan blocks I can confirm, too.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: