Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:16:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tor Browser  (Read 804 times)
Netpyder (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Scam / Scammer Hunter

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 05:45:40 PM

i am trying to set up my Tor browser. for the past 4 hours. yes you heard/read right. 4hours. i am just not understanding how to do it. or where are the onion websites?

anyone with a knowledge of Tor can help me out?

also how can i make a website of my own on Tor?

i am daaaaaaaamn new to this. it keeps telling me firefox is blabla network config blabla server blabla

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 06:44:06 PM

Just use Tail OS.

https://tails.boum.org/

It's all setup for you if you use that.

Netpyder (OP)

Scam / Scammer Hunter

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 06:48:44 PM

Just use Tail OS.

i actually just got that a few minutes ago while searching a lot.

also, can you please drive me through my second question??

making my own .onion webpage/ forum/ website/ marketplace... i mean anything, i heard there were the drag and drop or something like that in process late 2014 for making creating of websites on Tor more available and easy to do

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 07:01:14 PM

Just use Tail OS.

i actually just got that a few minutes ago while searching a lot.

also, can you please drive me through my second question??

making my own .onion webpage/ forum/ website/ marketplace... i mean anything, i heard there were the drag and drop or something like that in process late 2014 for making creating of websites on Tor more available and easy to do

I've never run a TOR hidden service.
Don't go doing anything silly like creating Silk Road 5 for example. You will get caught.

elrippo
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 07:07:35 PM

Hy there,

https://www.torproject.org/ is a good ressource. Under Documentation you will find everything you need.
AND, like Buffer Overflow did mention. If you are not familiar with creating a website and the security vulnerabilites it implies, please do yourself and many admins a favor.
Keep your hands off of it, do very much reading and learn on a localhost with your many, many, many mistakes  Wink

Kind regards,
elrippo

For Advertisement. PM me to discuss.
Netpyder (OP)

Scam / Scammer Hunter

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 07:11:37 PM

no no no not another silk road LOL. i know there are fbi agents all over the place now and Tor is not that anonymous as it was few years ago.

i want to see my own website/webpage running on a Tor network. thats all

elrippo
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 07:13:51 PM

Try this one in DOCUMENTATION -> https://www.torproject.org/docs/tor-hidden-service.html.en

Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 09:12:37 AM

Setting up a Tor hidden service is easy.
Setting up one that doesn't leak it's IP is not so easy.
Setting up one that won't get hacked is pretty difficult.
Setting up one that won't get DDoSed is impossible.

If you're just doing it for fun/learning, follow the documentation linked by elrippo. If you actually need to host a website anonymously and you're having trouble running Tor browser you will not be able to do it. It is a lot more difficult than running Tor browser I'm afraid.

elrippo
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 09:48:53 AM

Setting up a Tor hidden service is easy. -> agree
Setting up one that doesn't leak it's IP is not so easy. -> agree = VM
Setting up one that won't get hacked is pretty difficult. -> as every webserver  Roll Eyes
Setting up one that won't get DDoSed is impossible. -> ...mmmmm.... the latency in the TOR network makes a successful DDOS attack nearly impossible. I would agree with flooding  Shocked

If you're just doing it for fun/learning, follow the documentation linked by elrippo. If you actually need to host a website anonymously and you're having trouble running Tor browser you will not be able to do it. It is a lot more difficult than running Tor browser I'm afraid.

As i stated above, and as everybody with some knowledge would say  Wink

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 09:55:15 AM

no no no not another silk road LOL. i know there are fbi agents all over the place now and Tor is not that anonymous as it was few years ago.

Tor was never really that anonymous.  It's a constant battle against vulnerabilities.    As long as they have exit nodes there will always be a chance of it being seen.  I never have considered as iron clad VPN.

Just out of curiosity has speed increased?   I remember it was very slow when I used it what seems ages ago.
Netpyder (OP)

Scam / Scammer Hunter

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 10:02:04 AM

Tor was never really that anonymous.  It's a constant battle against vulnerabilities.    As long as they have exit nodes there will always be a chance of it being seen.  I never have considered as iron clad VPN.

Just out of curiosity has speed increased?   I remember it was very slow when I used it what seems ages ago.

still very slow. but much better than before for sure..
yes i know its not that anonymous, its just a pride and boast amongst friends thats all Cheesy

elrippo
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 11:16:12 AM

....Yeeeaaahhhh and noooopeeee.....
Vulnerabilities always occur, as in Browsers, remember openssl Heartbleed or bashexploit and so and so on and so on....

You can see, and even manipulate the traffic as a maliscious exit node operator, the traffic comming from an exit node and attack it, as you can see the clearnet connection also.
If you have the ressources, and the NSA with it´s five eyes alliance has these, and watch the whole TOR network, you can determine the connections pretty good to link it to a possible entry or you can force a network latency attack, which has already been performed.....

Today, if you use an exit node, for example cloudfare uses fingerprinting, which is obvious in the captcha resolving as a human, it from a users perspective doesn´t matter if you use TOR or not, because cloudfare can say that you used this webpage once with- another time without TOR if you browse without TOR with the same browser.

BUT!!! You do not have to give away substantial wrights of your´s, as privacy and the freedom to do and say what you want to when you want to, without the battle, i surely am not willing to do so  Grin

And as a footnote, not a single "terrorist" was caught since 911, becuase he used TOR or was funded with BTC ....

Kind regards,
elrippo

boymilk

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 03:54:52 AM

or where are the onion websites?

Those can be found on the Hidden Wiki which is basically a directory of .onion sites. The address for it keeps changing though so I'd search Google to find the link to the latest one.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: