Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:46:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why would DPR hire a Hitman through a bank transfer?  (Read 1175 times)
Totaldice (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 10:59:32 PM

Huh
https://i.imgur.com/rJVgwun.png
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 12:42:50 AM

Huh

Maybe the hitman refused to accept bitcoin? Also, it isn't that hard you know, you just find some old dude and tell him that you'll give him $1,000 for using his bank account and he'll probably let you.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 04:28:34 AM

Do you believe any of this? From the very beginning, it is clear that most of the charges are cooked up. The agents want to jail DPR for the rest of his life. For that these fake charges are needed.
ShetKid

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 08:50:31 AM

I didn't read anywhere that he paid through a bank transfer, I would doubt he did, specially if someone runs a site like Silk road, he wouldn't be stupid enough to atleast do this. And if the assasin requested a bank transfer, then it would probably have tipped DPR off about something fishy.
I am sure we are missing something here.
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 09:12:41 AM

Huh

Considering the recent revealations in this case (where two law enforcement officers including Force were also found involved in robbing BTC during their investigation of DPR), it is highly possible that these charges were made up. I don't think DPR would ever hire a hitman through a wire transfer.

And even if he had to, he would be smart enough to come up with some fake account. He was running Silk Road after all, so already had access to wide range of fake identity documents.
coinpr0n

Activity: 910

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 09:51:15 AM

Seems like an awfully weird thing to do by the man running the Silk Road. Boils down to do you trust the sources? I highly doubt it.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 11:27:25 AM

Seems like an awfully weird thing to do by the man running the Silk Road. Boils down to do you trust the sources? I highly doubt it.

Fake bank transactions are not that hard to create. And considering the fact that the bankers hate anyone even remotely related to Bitcoin, it is not that hard to predict what happened there actually.
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 11:37:35 AM

He sent the funds anonymously using liberty reserve, likely funding the liberty reserve account with Bitcoin. The "hitman" would only take a bank transfer.

Totaldice (OP)

Activity: 32

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 01:38:21 AM

The reason I posted this is basically because it's highly suspicious that he would be stupid enough to use a bank transfer and most likely faked. Does anyone know if Ross made an official statement about the murder for hire?
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 04:41:04 AM

The reason I posted this is basically because it's highly suspicious that he would be stupid enough to use a bank transfer and most likely faked. Does anyone know if Ross made an official statement about the murder for hire?

Both of them (Ross and the hitman) can't be that stupid. Have you ever heard of a criminal, who accepts bank transfer for his services? This is ridiculous.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 02:13:59 PM

Huh

Maybe the hitman refused to accept bitcoin? Also, it isn't that hard you know, you just find some old dude and tell him that you'll give him $1,000 for using his bank account and he'll probably let you.
Bitcoin? those ignorant ass hitmen need to get with the times and get a Monero wallet lol Tongue
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 02:31:27 PM

You got to be kidding. That's like paying for cocaine using a bank transfer. Who does that? Nobody.
That's your answer. Why would anyone believe what the government says in this matter or why would the government think that this example would stop anyone from making something like Silk Road again?

DPR was set up anyway.
Both of them (Ross and the hitman) can't be that stupid. Have you ever heard of a criminal, who accepts bank transfer for his services? This is ridiculous.
Exactly. Unless he thinks illegal activities around the world are paid using SWIFT.  Roll Eyes

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
shogdite

Activity: 798

LIR Dev. www.letitride.io

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 03:17:33 PM

I very much doubt he tried to hire any hitman, it's more than likely part of a character assassination by the feds to make sure he's locked up for a long time (and sends a powerful message to any future wanabee DPR's).

Guess we'll never know the truth unless he gets released from prison.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
Ibelievetruly

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 03:34:38 PM

You got to be kidding. That's like paying for cocaine using a bank transfer. Who does that? Nobody.
That's your answer. Why would anyone believe what the government says in this matter or why would the government think that this example would stop anyone from making something like Silk Road again?

DPR was set up anyway.
Exactly. Unless he thinks illegal activities around the world are paid using SWIFT.  Roll Eyes

You're overestimating ross. He used his personal email to advertise silk road. I'm sure he was also dumb enough to pay for the hit through a bank transfer.

Let's get real, the guy was a fricking idiot.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 05:00:08 PM

You're overestimating ross. He used his personal email to advertise silk road. I'm sure he was also dumb enough to pay for the hit through a bank transfer.

If he was such an idiot, then he would have never created such a sophisticated market place and saved it from the FBI and hackers for more than a year. The FBI tracked him after years of monitoring. They spent millions of USD trying to track him. But for a long time he evaded those who tried to outsmart him. He was caught after a bug in the TOR browser exposed his IP. He was probably smarter than anyone in this forum.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 05:12:08 PM

If he was such an idiot, then he would have never created such a sophisticated market place and saved it from the FBI and hackers for more than a year. The FBI tracked him after years of monitoring. They spent millions of USD trying to track him. But for a long time he evaded those who tried to outsmart him. He was caught after a bug in the TOR browser exposed his IP. He was probably smarter than anyone in this forum.
The people who usually call him out as an idiot are the ones thinking that they are smarted than him. They think that if they were in his place they wouldn't get caught (with so much money).
Smarter than anyone? Definitely no. He just has excellent 'computer skills'. The word smart is complicated and usage is often wrong. Is a person really smart if they run illegal activities knowing that they would spent a part of their life behind bars?
Anyhow I do believe there was a setup involved. One of the rare mistake that he made is using that TOR browser.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Ibelievetruly

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 05:12:58 PM

If you bothered to read about the story, you'd know that he technically did not create Silk Road. He got the information about how to make the market from his friend, and applied it, but he by himself couldnt have done it. He is not smart by any means, silk road was technically made by his friend, not him.

The guy is an idiot, accept it. He used his real email to advertise the website, didn't tumble his coins(not that it would have mattered if he did), kept all his bitcoins unencrypted on his computer, and more.
Twipple

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 08:38:59 PM

Fake bank transactions are not that hard to create. And considering the fact that the bankers hate anyone even remotely related to Bitcoin, it is not that hard to predict what happened there actually.

I doubt the banks or government would create fake evidence or proof at that level. They would be in loads of trouble if something like that is revealed in future. Also, as for the Bank Transfer, I haven't read anywhere saying it ever happened, what Source is claiming that ?

All I read was that 600,000 USD given to the assasins(supposedly FBI) in bitcoins.
Blazr

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 12:34:05 PM

He was caught after a bug in the TOR browser exposed his IP.

Uh, that isn't true at all. I think what you are thinking of is that the Silk Road server's IP was allegedly exposed when the captcha system leaked it's true IP. There was no bug in Tor or Tor browser, simply a bug in a piece of code that Ross wrote. It wasn't the first time a bug he introduced leaked the Silk Roads IP either:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SilkRoad/comments/1dmznd/should_we_be_worried_showing_on_login_page/

Blazr

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 12:39:58 PM

You do know that most criminals don't use bitcoin right? Seriously it is not hard for a criminal to send or receive a bank transfer anonymously, liberty reserve (which is what Ross used) used to let you do this before it was shutdown. There are lots of banking services out there that are available for criminals. How do you think scammers on localbitcons and such pull scams using bank transfers?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: