Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:53:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop the Panic!  (Read 4259 times)
bitcats (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 11:14:08 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2012, 11:25:52 AM by bitcats

There is no need for panic as Bitcoin is still the same awesome, safe and ingenious thing it was last week.
Not pirate is responsible for the current crash but the amok runners.
Stop the panic!

"Unser Problem ist nicht ziviler Ungehorsam, unser Problem ist ziviler Gehorsam."  - Howard Zinn
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Comodore

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 11:16:26 AM

Yeah the panic is here. Sell all your bitcoins now.
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2012, 11:16:36 AM

There is no need for panic as Bitcoin is still the same awesome, safe and ingenious thing it was last week.
Stop the panic!

why? there's no need to stop the panic, because Bitcoin is still the same awesome, safe and ingenious thing it was last week.
the panic does not decrease the value of Bitcoin

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 11:19:50 AM

OMG THE DOLLAR JUST GAINED 30% in value as seen from the recent exchange rate vs bitcoins going up!

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 11:22:57 AM

Bitcats, your use of large font, exclamation mark and bold type tells me that you're the one panicking. There's no point demanding that others stop panicking if you're panicking yourself.

The price at the exchanges is just the price at which people are trading if they want/need to trade right now. If you don't want/need to trade right now, the exchange price is totally irrelevant to how much a bitcoin is worth to you.

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 11:25:13 AM

Bitcats, your use of large font, exclamation mark and bold type tells me that you're the one panicking. There's no point demanding that others stop panicking if you're panicking yourself.

The price at the exchanges is just the price at which people are trading if they want/need to trade right now. If you don't want/need to trade right now, the exchange price is totally irrelevant to how much a bitcoin is worth to you.

+1 thousand

drakahn

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 11:26:42 AM

WHATEVER WE DO, WE CAN'T PANIC! ARRRRRGHGHGHRGHARGHRGRRRHGHGHGHHHH!

No but seriously, we were expecting some downwards motion before pirate announced anything, some guessed a bottom as low as $8, but don't worry, after a quick refuel we will be back on course for the moon

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
Electricbees

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

We are bees, and we hate you.

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 11:29:39 AM

Thank you for spelling this right. Seeing too many people spelling it "Panicing" or "Panic-ing."

This bothers me.  Tongue

Donations are welcome!
1BEES19ds5gEnRBoU1qNFPfjRXe94trMG3
bitcats (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 11:32:31 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2012, 11:43:37 AM by bitcats

Sorry but an exclamation mark and a bold type is definitely no sign of panic  Cheesy
There is a essential difference between deliberate trading and panic trading !

"Unser Problem ist nicht ziviler Ungehorsam, unser Problem ist ziviler Gehorsam."  - Howard Zinn

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 11:33:28 AM

Thank you for spelling this right. Seeing too many people spelling it "Panicing" or "Panic-ing."

This bothers me.  Tongue

I'd like the letter 'c' eliminated from the alphabet

bitcats (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 11:35:14 AM

the panic does not decrease the value of Bitcoin
Good point. Not the value - but the price.

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 02:00:21 PM

Off topic but you might like this:
http://www.g3npf.co.uk/humour.htm#euregs

Sorry for off topic.

PANIC, SELL EVERYTHING, WE'RE ALL GONA DIE IN POVERTY!!!

Kickass and gives me sorta deja vu but only half ass

mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 02:23:03 PM

Off topic but you might like this:
http://www.g3npf.co.uk/humour.htm#euregs

Sorry for off topic.

PANIC, SELL EVERYTHING, WE'RE ALL GONA DIE IN POVERTY!!!

Wat ist so funny about zet?
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 02:31:00 PM

Who cares about the exchange rate? Just use Bitcoin as a payment processing tool and you don't need to worry about it.

You are adding actual value to the economy by producing products and/or services that other people want to buy instead of hoping to get rich from gambling (speculation), aren't you?
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 05:57:13 PM

That's the problem. It's also "the same awesome, safe and ingenious thing" as it was a few months ago. Why is it a problem if the price goes back to those levels? Ask yourself, what fundamentals (since it seems that's what you believe in) were behind us going up from $5 in the first place?

AndrewK

Activity: 819

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 06:19:04 PM

Eh... if we break 7 start getting worried... If we get close to 3 I'm buying hand over fist.

1K4BacKKdssA5RGzaFx3D4LC9HVXjE2NvS
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2012, 06:56:46 PM

Stop the panic!

Also, just as awesome as last month when the price was... about what it is now.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Domrada

Activity: 254

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2012, 07:27:50 PM

Eh... if we break 7 start getting worried... If we get close to 3 I'm buying hand over fist.

I'm sure there are plenty of people, myself included, that would be buying hand over fist *right now* if we didn't have to wait until Monday morning for the banks to open.

DataTrading
TRADE FORECASTING BY ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
¦
PRE-SALE SPECIAL  30%  BONUS   
Pre sale starts on 11.20.2017 9:00 UTC
istar

Activity: 523

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 07:49:43 PM

I'm sure there are plenty of people, myself included, that would be buying hand over fist *right now* if we didn't have to wait until Monday morning for the banks to open.

Thats why this was pulled off right now, so there would be less competition in buying cheap.

Bitcoins - Because we should not pay to use our money
Fluttershy

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 08:22:00 PM

Let the fools panic. The smart people will always profit off them.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: